5,605,835 Members 47,915 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[WIP] Firefox OS for jewel [NEED DEVS]

Tip us?

jamieg71
Old
(Last edited by jamieg71; 26th December 2012 at 07:18 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7429
Default [WIP] Firefox OS for jewel [NEED DEVS]

This is a WORK IN PROGRESS not a functional rom. I am requesting help and input from any and all developers wishing to help bring the Firefox OS to the HTC jewel. So far I have created the necessary changes to config.sh, created jewel.xml (currently updating branch calls for device particulars).
All help is welcomed, you can start here- https://github.com/jamieg71/B2G.git
my B2G manifest is here- https://github.com/jamieg71/b2g-manifest.git
Hit me up on Gtalk if you would like to contribute, all help welcomed!

Please keep non developmental related chatter to a minimum. Promise as soon as something Alpha worthy is achieved it will be posted.

The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to jamieg71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jamieg71
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7429
reserved
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jamieg71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jamieg71
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7429
one more
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jamieg71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zarboz
Old
Known Scammer
Thanks Meter 9242

DONATE TO ME
Looks sweet

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

Building a better droid is the purpose of today Android History
G1->mytouch 3g -> Mytouch slide -> Mytouch 4g -> HD2 magldr -> Thunderbolt -> Evo 3D -> Sensation -> Evo 4g -> Evo 3D -> HTC vivid -> One X -> One S -> ( Evo LTE (thanks xda) -> Droid DNA
I stay HTC.
Checkout my new project at EasyDevStudio
[showp1984] Times of day and sleep are something for weak people - I am a cybernetic organism, and have a sleep mode.
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Come hangout
irc.freenode.net
#teamblackout
I BUY BRICKED PHONES!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zarboz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jamieg71
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarboz View Post
Looks sweet

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app
Currently needing to revert device files (device/htc/;jewel, msm8960-common & kernel/htc/msm8960) to an ICS branch as rest of build environment is set-up for 4.0.4 from mozilla. Should be easy enough, tracking down all device specific commits since JB may be more of a challenge.
The Following User Says Thank You to jamieg71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thicklizard
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4226

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieg71 View Post
Currently needing to revert device files (device/htc/;jewel, msm8960-common & kernel/htc/msm8960) to an ICS branch as rest of build environment is set-up for 4.0.4 from mozilla. Should be easy enough, tracking down all device specific commits since JB may be more of a challenge.
Not 100 percent sure but I think this was the branch based off of ICS

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...tc_msm8960.git

It doesn't have built in wifi drivers so you will need to use the prima_wlan module from a 2.13 base rom

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thicklizard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jamieg71
Old
(Last edited by jamieg71; 26th December 2012 at 08:17 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7429
Quote:
Originally Posted by thicklizard View Post
Not 100 percent sure but I think this was the branch based off of ICS

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...tc_msm8960.git

It doesn't have built in wifi drivers so you will need to use the prima_wlan module from a 2.13 base rom

Right on, I just created the branch "master" and checked it out in local directory, which has allowed the build script to run, so this is a step forward. Was the CM branch for ICS kernel "android-msm-jewel-3.0"? Your link pulls the msm8960 kernel git but defaults to the jb branch. Lol

Sent from my EVO

Edit: I have a @$$ load of commits to push, anyone cloning project check for recent commits relevant to allowing build process to begin. Fixing errors now 1x1..

Sinistertensai
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5888

DONATE TO ME
Been merging files from aosp into a build. I've got a zip ready. Haven't had a chance to test it. And dammit Jamie! You beat me to posting haha!

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app
Prick your finger, it is done. The moon has now eclipsed the sun. Angel has spread it's wings, the time has come for bitter things.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sinistertensai For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jamieg71
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinistertensai View Post
Been merging files from aosp into a build. I've got a zip ready. Haven't had a chance to test it. And dammit Jamie! You beat me to posting haha!

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app
Haha, not a race bro! I'm doing the same (merging files) let's collaborate.

Sent from my EVO
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jamieg71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thicklizard
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4226

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieg71 View Post
Right on, I just created the branch "master" and checked it out in local directory, which has allowed the build script to run, so this is a step forward. Was the CM branch for ICS kernel "android-msm-jewel-3.0"? Your link pulls the msm8960 kernel git but defaults to the jb branch. Lol

Sent from my EVO

Edit: I have a @$$ load of commits to push, anyone cloning project check for recent commits relevant to allowing build process to begin. Fixing errors now 1x1..
Yes jewel 3.0 was the branch I copied the url from lol must have reverted back