[Q] Stuck at pink circle

Search This thread

beardedwonder

Oct 11, 2010
My girlfriend's HTC Desire reset the other day and now won't get passed the pink loading circle.

It was a GSM T-Mobile UK branded handset. A few months ago it started getting really laggy and had low space errors. I S-Off'd it, rooted and installed MildWild CM with the CM7r2 hboot.

I'm wondering if I should start from scratch and go back to the original software and re-root and re-install MildWild, any thoughts?

abaaaabbbb63

Nov 19, 2011
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
My girlfriend's HTC Desire reset the other day and now won't get passed the pink loading circle.

It was a GSM T-Mobile UK branded handset. A few months ago it started getting really laggy and had low space errors. I S-Off'd it, rooted and installed MildWild CM with the CM7r2 hboot.

I'm wondering if I should start from scratch and go back to the original software and re-root and re-install MildWild, any thoughts?

Just reinstall MildWild only wiping cache and dalvik.

beardedwonder

Oct 11, 2010
Right, i've got my hands on the phone now:

I can't get into recovery, when i select it from the bootloader it goes to the pink circle and doesn't load. I have flashed recovery using fastboot but that doesn't help either.

Phone info:

AlphaRev CM7 r2
BRAVO PVT4 SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-6.93.1002
MICROP-051d
TOUCH PANEL SYNT0101
RADIO-5.17.05.23

beardedwonder

Oct 11, 2010
It's normal to see this when the phone was ok, afterwards it would go to the HTC boot animation. But now it just gets stuck here:
desirepinkcircle.jpg

Jul 12, 2010
Hi,

same problem here...got it started when I push long volume+ and for a short time the power button. But still got no fix for that...

abaaaabbbb63

Nov 19, 2011
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
So recovery isn't booting, nor the rom? And flashing recovery through fastboot failed?

If you want a fresh start, flash the 2.3 RUU in my sig, but you will lose all your data.
Or try flashing recovery again with Android flasher, and/or Fastboot commander.

Last edited:
Reactions: DesireNoob
Jul 12, 2010
I tried to reinstall and flashed the ROM 4.1.2 from vijendrahs. The circel appears when I start the recovery or when I boot normaly. I stays for some seconds and then it works fine. I don't know why this happens. Will try to flash the RUU first and look if it still there.

beardedwonder

Oct 11, 2010
Hi,

Just in case anybody wants to refer to this at a later date:

I tried:

Flashing 4EXT touch recovery

re-flashing the hboot.

Clearing storage

None of which helped.

So finally I flashed stock hboot then installed GB RUU via a PB99IMG.zip from here: http://d-h.st/d44

Then flashed 4EXT Recovery, which looks great! And installed MildWild CM.

Hope that can help someone with similar problems.

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
Hi,

I tried:

re-flashing the hboot.

Clearing storage

None of which helped.

So finally I flashed stock hboot then installed GB RUU via a PB99IMG.zip from here: http://d-h.st/d44

Lol i uploaded that PB99IMG for 1 guy, then added it to my sig and now its been used 65 times :D

Glad it helped u aswell :)

Sent from my HTC Desire

Reactions: beardedwonder

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just reinstall MildWild only wiping cache and dalvik.
    Mainly system errors.

Installing the same rom without clearing data will not make you lose anything. Just wipe cache, dalvik cache, and flash rom.
    Could you post a picture of the pink circle? I haven't heard of it till now.
    So recovery isn't booting, nor the rom? And flashing recovery through fastboot failed?

If you want a fresh start, flash the 2.3 RUU in my sig, but you will lose all your data.
    Or try flashing recovery again with Android flasher, and/or Fastboot commander.
    Hi,

I tried:

re-flashing the hboot.

Clearing storage

None of which helped.

Lol i uploaded that PB99IMG for 1 guy, then added it to my sig and now its been used 65 times :D

Glad it helped u aswell :)

Sent from my HTC Desire