FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

AT&T to release OTA update on Dec. 27 to enable Multi-Window on Note II

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By kennkmcn, Junior Member on 26th December 2012, 10:45 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
27th December 2012, 08:47 PM |#91  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Talking Downloading Note 2 update
I'm in Chicago, IL. and I am downloading as I type this 49% to go
 
 
27th December 2012, 08:53 PM |#92  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I downloaded it and installed it on my girlfriend's note 2 and it works great.. Mine I used a stock odin root image and it won't apply so probably an issue there.. Anyone know where AT&T update puts the files?
27th December 2012, 08:55 PM |#93  
cdshepherd's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,176
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky_san

I downloaded it and installed it on my girlfriend's note 2 and it works great.. Mine I used a stock odin root image and it won't apply so probably an issue there.. Anyone know where AT&T update puts the files?

Look for a file named FOTA. Probably been deleted though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
27th December 2012, 09:05 PM |#94  
theorioles33's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 742
 
More
I temp unrooted using Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper but the update keeps crapping out at around 30%.
27th December 2012, 09:10 PM |#95  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I get software update interrupt when i change the date and time to 1 day ahead, not it says update in 48 hours.

Any help

Quote:
Originally Posted by theorioles33

I temp unrooted using Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper but the update keeps crapping out at around 30%.

27th December 2012, 09:11 PM |#96  
theorioles33's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 742
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo2000

I get software update interrupt when i change the date and time to 1 day ahead, not it says update in 48 hours.

Any help

I'm using that trick as well but I keep getting update interrupted as well.
27th December 2012, 09:16 PM |#97  
mike21pr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Juan
Thanks Meter: 81
 
More
Phone wont let me update. I did a check a while ago before I saw on engadget that it was live and now my phone says that i have to wait 18 hours to check for updates again I accessed the ota menu via *# code but when I press the update option the icon appears and dissapears in a couple of seconds and nothing happens. Any advise on how to force the update? My note is stock unrooted

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
27th December 2012, 09:18 PM |#98  
tyshemi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag ANKENY,iowa
Thanks Meter: 374
 
Donate to Me
More
Set your date ahead a day and try again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
27th December 2012, 09:18 PM |#99  
cdshepherd's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,176
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike21pr

Phone wont let me update. I did a check a while ago before I saw on engadget that it was live and now my phone says that i have to wait 18 hours to check for updates again I accessed the ota menu via *# code but when I press the update option the icon appears and dissapears in a couple of seconds and nothing happens. Any advise on how to force the update? My note is stock unrooted

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Its hard to say if you can force an update. It could be released by region or by imei numbers. Cant know

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
27th December 2012, 09:18 PM |#100  
tyshemi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag ANKENY,iowa
Thanks Meter: 374
 
Donate to Me
More
Do you have anything frozen with titanium backup? And you must have a stock recovery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
27th December 2012, 09:20 PM |#101  
borijess's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 925
 
More
I just updated on my rooted phone. Had to apply the original kernel. All works but exynos exploit not fixed. Quadrant score was also much higher.


Sent from the TermiNOTEr 2!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1356729580372.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	1596578   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1356729591257.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	1596579  

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes