5,597,261 Members 40,715 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Enable AWS band (3g/4g Tmobile) on ATT Note 2 stock baseband

Tip us?

sjravi
Old
(Last edited by sjravi; 12th December 2013 at 01:19 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 97
Default Enable AWS band (3g/4g Tmobile) on ATT Note 2 stock baseband

Method 1:

Easiest method to enable AWS and DC HSPA (42Mbps) is to restore the attached qcn backup on ATT note 2. Use software download tool in QPST to restore the attached qcn file.

Restoring qcn will not change your imei, so be worry free and restore Thanks to TEKHD for sharing the T889 qcn backup.

If you face issues with data rate and stability, restore your device original qcn on top and change the value of 01877 to 115868544 in NV browser of QXDM or use 80 03 E8 06 in the text file and write it to device. DC HSPA or 42 Mbps will be disabled after this

Thanks to Arrio for helping me remove imei from qcn file. I have attached my note 2 qcn backup.

Now it should be piece of cake for all

How to posted by Joogle

1. Download and Install QPST, version 2.7 build 374 or higher

2. Go to hidden menu on phone, dial *#7284#

3. Once in Menu choose the option for USBSettingsMenu, then choose the option RNDIS+DM+MODEM.

4. Hook up the phone to the PC via USB at this time if you haven't already. This option works on STOCK TOUCHWIZ.

5. Go to your PC Control Panel. We need to get into the Device Manager to determine where your phone is being recognized as far as the COM ports. For this, go to System -> Device Manager (on the left) or System -> Hardware -> Device Manager (depends on your Control Panel setup). Anyways, scroll down to Ports (may say Ports & LTP, Serial, depends on version). Anyways, find your phone under it, and take note of the COM# (mine was COM9, yours can and probably will vary). If you have exclamation marks anywhere then install the Samsung drivers and try again.

6. Now go to Start Menu -> All Programs -> QPST -> QPST Configuration

7. Click on the Ports tab. Click on Add New Port, then add your Port# where it says Port and name it something you can remember. Hit OK.

8. Now click on Start Clients -> Software Download. Click on the Backup tab. Make sure your phone is listed under Port. If its not, hit Browse, choose the COM that is your phone, and hit OK. Now where it says QCN File, hit Browse, find a safe spot to store your backup on your PC, and name it. Hit OK. Now hit Start. Make sure backup gets to 100% with no errors.

9. Go back into QPST. Go to Start Clients -> Software Download. Click on the Restore tab. Make sure your phone is listed under Port. If not, browse to the appropriate COM port.

10. Choose the QCN backup in the first post of this thread. Click Start, let it finish. Phone should reboot. If it fails rebooting, just do a manual reboot. First boot will take a bit, let it do its thing.

Messing with NV parameters can brick your device.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ATT_I317_AWSMOD_dumimei.zip - [Click for QR Code] (39.6 KB, 4968 views)
The Following 59 Users Say Thank You to sjravi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ruinkhan
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjravi View Post

Once the NV's are enabled, it cannot be disabled so be careful.
Does that mean if we enable NV's (which basically enables AWS), we wont be able to disable AWS and go back to At&t GSM or ? Or once we enable NV we can use both at&t and T-Mobile Sims?

Also have you tested this method with T-Mobile SIM? High data speed, low data speed?

I would love to be able to use my Note with AWS band network (Wind mobile in Canada), but instructions are way beyond my understanding . Will wait for easier instructions if they get posted.

Thanks for your work.
Hit Thanks if my post was useful (most of them are not )
Noob's Paradise - I know you have a question, this should answer it
The Following User Says Thank You to ruinkhan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KillaHurtz
Old
Thanks Meter 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruinkhan View Post
Does that mean if we enable NV's (which basically enables AWS), we wont be able to disable AWS and go back to At&t GSM or ? Or once we enable NV we can use both at&t and T-Mobile Sims?

Also have you tested this method with T-Mobile SIM? High data speed, low data speed?

I would love to be able to use my Note with AWS band network (Wind mobile in Canada), but instructions are way beyond my understanding . Will wait for easier instructions if they get posted.

Thanks for your work.
That's as easy as it gets, and yes it will unlock those bands permanently along side the AT&T bands.

Device: Nexus 5 32gb "HammerHead"
ROM : Stock 4.4.2

www.soundcloud.com/lakrymist
If you find my post helpful hit the "Thanks" button

cephasara
Old
(Last edited by cephasara; 27th December 2012 at 03:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Default Follow up Qs

1) Thank you so much for posting how to do this.

2) Yeah, I second ruinkhan; Do you know if AWS is still 21mbps or 42mbps like the T889?

3) Is enabling AWS on the N7100 or N7105 possible? How about on CDMA models with SIM slots and GSM support unlocked (such as Verizon i605 or US Cellular R950)?

sjravi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruinkhan View Post

Thanks for your work.
Use of AWS can be disabled by changing one of the NV item, but all enabled parameters remain active. This does not cause any problem with the device working. It would work as any stock ATT note 2.

Yes you can use any SIM or network that support these radio bands (UMTS 1,2,4,5 and Quad band GSM)
I am using a T-Mobile sim and I do get around 8 Mbps download speed and 3 to 4 Mbps upload.

Ya I agree the instruction are bit complicated
The Following User Says Thank You to sjravi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sjravi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasara View Post
1) Thank you so much for posting how to do this.

2) Yeah, I second ruinkhan; Do you know if AWS is still 21mbps or 42mbps like the T889?

3) Is enabling AWS on the N7100 or N7105 possible? How about on CDMA models with SIM slots and GSM support unlocked (such as Verizon i605 or US Cellular R950)?
I am working on 42 Mbps, with the posted NV backup, even 42 Mbps NV items are included. My note 2 does inform network about 42 Mbps support when enabled but I dont see any change in download speed. I guess the network does not like something.

Yes it should be possible on N7100 or N7105, as all have the same Qualcomm 9215 baseband chip. But I am not sure if they have the right RF related hardware.
The Following User Says Thank You to sjravi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cbqfly
Old
Thanks Meter 8
the instructions for nv backup says to select rmnet+dm+modem. i do not see that option in there. are you suppose to choose a different option for the note 2? any issues of doing this on a canadian i317m?

thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to cbqfly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sjravi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbqfly View Post
the instructions for nv backup says to select rmnet+dm+modem. i do not see that option in there. are you suppose to choose a different option for the note 2? any issues of doing this on a canadian i317m?

thanks
On my ATT Note 2 I can see that option, what options do you see?

TEKHD
Old
Thanks Meter 904

DONATE TO ME
I will do this tonight with my I317, can anyone post a more clear set of instructions? I already have the T-Mobile ROM posted on the AT&T dev section as well as the AT&T ROM on T-Mobile's dev section... This is a huge discovery... I mean huge... Please, anyone care to elaborate on this... Better instructions... I have both the T889 and the I317... And I will test this as soon as there is a better guide... Thank you

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium HD app
> > > I just ask for a simple THANKS!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TEKHD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cbqfly
Old
(Last edited by cbqfly; 27th December 2012 at 09:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjravi View Post
On my ATT Note 2 I can see that option, what options do you see?

the options i see are
mtp
mto+adb
ptp
ptp+adb
rndis+dm+modem
dm+modem+adb

just found out i can select any mode with DM

thanx