Enable AWS band (3g/4g Tmobile) on ATT Note 2 stock baseband
PM me if anyone is interested to share Verizon note 2 qcn file, with this Band 8 (900 Mhz) can also be enabled
Easiest method to enable AWS and DC HSPA (42Mbps) is to restore the attached qcn backup on ATT note 2. Use software download tool in QPST to restore the attached qcn file.
Restoring qcn will not change your imei, so be worry free and restore
Thanks to TEKHD
for sharing the T889 qcn backup.
If you face issues with data rate and stability, restore your device original qcn on top and change the value of 01877 to 115868544 in NV browser of QXDM or use 80 03 E8 06 in the text file and write it to device. DC HSPA or 42 Mbps will be disabled after this
Thanks to Arrio
for helping me remove imei from qcn file. I have attached my note 2 qcn backup.
Now it should be piece of cake for all
How to posted by Joogle
1. Download and Install QPST, version 2.7 build 374 or higher
2. Go to hidden menu on phone, dial *#7284#
3. Once in Menu choose the option for USBSettingsMenu, then choose the option RNDIS+DM+MODEM.
4. Hook up the phone to the PC via USB at this time if you haven't already. This option works on STOCK TOUCHWIZ.
5. Go to your PC Control Panel. We need to get into the Device Manager to determine where your phone is being recognized as far as the COM ports. For this, go to System -> Device Manager (on the left) or System -> Hardware -> Device Manager (depends on your Control Panel setup). Anyways, scroll down to Ports (may say Ports & LTP, Serial, depends on version). Anyways, find your phone under it, and take note of the COM# (mine was COM9, yours can and probably will vary). If you have exclamation marks anywhere then install the Samsung drivers and try again.
6. Now go to Start Menu -> All Programs -> QPST -> QPST Configuration
7. Click on the Ports tab. Click on Add New Port, then add your Port# where it says Port and name it something you can remember. Hit OK.
8. Now click on Start Clients -> Software Download. Click on the Backup tab. Make sure your phone is listed under Port. If its not, hit Browse, choose the COM that is your phone, and hit OK. Now where it says QCN File, hit Browse, find a safe spot to store your backup on your PC, and name it. Hit OK. Now hit Start. Make sure backup gets to 100% with no errors.
9. Go back into QPST. Go to Start Clients -> Software Download. Click on the Restore tab. Make sure your phone is listed under Port. If not, browse to the appropriate COM port.
10. Choose the QCN backup in the first post of this thread. Click Start, let it finish. Phone should reboot. If it fails rebooting, just do a manual reboot. First boot will take a bit, let it do its thing.
Messing with NV parameters can brick your device.