Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,359 Members 41,834 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Gta vice city ps3 controller

Tip us?

TheEnz53
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Gta vice city ps3 controller

Hey does anyone know how to change weapons and how to make a drive-by at GTA vice city with a ps3 controller???

holdmyheadwhileipuke
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Works great!

I am using sixaxis controller on a Nexus 7. I enabled the native gamepad checkbox in the settings and all the buttons work great. When driving I can use L2 or R2 for drive by. And I think R1 switches my weapon. It seems to work just like it would on a real play station.
The Following User Says Thank You to holdmyheadwhileipuke For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheEnz53
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Where is native gamepad check box??

Sent from my Xperia Neo V using xda app-developers app

cell128
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Settings >preferences >gamepad settings

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

deek0
Old
Thanks Meter 2
What do you use for aiming? I find it very difficult to lock on or flick through selected targets. Only option seems to be to touch the screen which is a pain during a mission.

TheEnz53
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I use logitech f710 it doesnt work too

Sent from my Xperia Neo V using xda app-developers app

FizzleDiz
Old
Thanks Meter 109

DONATE TO ME
Ps3 controller and six axis controller app. Turn off native game pad in preferences to avoid problems. Take a screen shot in gta showing onscreen buttons. Load that screen shot in six axis app under Touch emulation. Map buttons to your liking. Working flawlessly here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
Nexus 7 on SmoothRom V5.0
Epic 4G Touch (GS2) on MIUI
ShadowGun: Deadzone Username: FizzlesNexus7. Nickname: SgtSlaughter

holdmyheadwhileipuke
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Something must be different with my version of GTA and Sixaxis because all of the buttons work for me without any issues. Its just like I am playing the game at home on my PS2 except for the fact it's wireless I have the Enable Gamepad checkbox checked and that's it. Make sure you are using the latest version of Sixaxis.

FizzleDiz
Old
Thanks Meter 109

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdmyheadwhileipuke View Post
Something must be different with my version of GTA and Sixaxis because all of the buttons work for me without any issues. Its just like I am playing the game at home on my PS2 except for the fact it's wireless I have the Enable Gamepad checkbox checked and that's it. Make sure you are using the latest version of Sixaxis.
Seems like I jumped the gun then. I think since I didn't see an option in GTA to setup a controller that I just assumed it wasn't supported. It's actually pretty quick to take a screenshot and map out touch control emulation so I did it right away without trying GTAs native support. I'll try it later on and see how it works/compares.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
Nexus 7 on SmoothRom V5.0
Epic 4G Touch (GS2) on MIUI
ShadowGun: Deadzone Username: FizzlesNexus7. Nickname: SgtSlaughter

Darkchaser
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzleDiz View Post
Seems like I jumped the gun then. I think since I didn't see an option in GTA to setup a controller that I just assumed it wasn't supported. It's actually pretty quick to take a screenshot and map out touch control emulation so I did it right away without trying GTAs native support. I'll try it later on and see how it works/compares.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
Yeah, so much better. You don't need to see the touch controls, and it maps exactly to the ps2 controls.

The lack of a controller configuration is weird, but rockstar did the same with GTA3 and max payne

Sent from my GT-I9300