Aluminum cases

OP KungPow90

27th December 2012, 09:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 37

279 posts
More
So I'm shopping around for all things cases, docks, etc. I stumbled upon this bad boy and thought it looked slick. I heard that aluminum backed cases can mess with your radios, WiFi and cell, is this true? Would it have any impact on the phone?

Sent from the best d*** phone I've ever used
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1356641062035.jpg
Views:	2480
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	1596482  
29th December 2012, 07:06 PM   |  #2  
Flag Central
Thanks Meter: 163

597 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KungPow90

So I'm shopping around for all things cases, docks, etc. I stumbled upon this bad boy and thought it looked slick. I heard that aluminum backed cases can mess with your radios, WiFi and cell, is this true? Would it have any impact on the phone?

Okay let's think of it as an scenario...hmmmm oh! Think of a satellite signal and satellite dish (cable) now that the satellite signal hits your dish with quite the best precision you get signal. Now your phone does both(sends the signal in which corresponds with the tower and outputs the data back at exponential speeds:P) so if I had to guess......yeaaaah I think it may effect it.:thumbup:

Edit: whoa that's a beautiful case!
Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Shryvone21 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th December 2012, 12:26 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Portland

279 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shryvone21

Okay let's think of it as an scenario...hmmmm oh! Think of a satellite signal and satellite dish (cable) now that the satellite signal hits your dish with quite the best precision you get signal. Now your phone does both(sends the signal in which corresponds with the tower and outputs the data back at exponential speeds:P) so if I had to guess......yeaaaah I think it may effect it.:thumbup:

Edit: whoa that's a beautiful case!

Lol thanks for the explanation. I figured it would. Looks pretty dope though I want it. How bad do ya think it would be for the phone? like terrible signals or a just a dropped call here and there?

Does anyone know of something similar to this that wouldn't mess with it?
30th December 2012, 01:18 AM   |  #4  
Flag Central
Thanks Meter: 163

597 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KungPow90

Lol thanks for the explanation. I figured it would. Looks pretty dope though I want it. How bad do ya think it would be for the phone? like terrible signals or a just a dropped call here and there?

Does anyone know of something similar to this that wouldn't mess with it?

It shouldn't mess with it to bad and an example to backup my reason it the iPhone 3g that had an aluminum strip around it ha so it shouldn't effect it to much my friend.

30th December 2012, 02:55 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Portland

279 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shryvone21

It shouldn't mess with it to bad and an example to backup my reason it the iPhone 3g that had an aluminum strip around it ha so it shouldn't effect it to much my friend.

Sweetness. I'm gonna order it. I'll post pics and review it's effect when it arrives.

Thanks guys!

The Following User Says Thank You to KungPow90 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st December 2012, 03:50 AM   |  #6  
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 1,963

13,354 posts
More
When I had a s3 briefly it had a aluminum back. I did notice the signal drop 1-2 bars randomly. This may be a little different.

Do you have a link for this?

I would be interested in trying this

Sent from my HTC One XL
31st December 2012, 04:57 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Portland

279 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieb620

When I had a s3 briefly it had a aluminum back. I did notice the signal drop 1-2 bars randomly. This may be a little different.

Do you have a link for this?

I would be interested in trying this

Sent from my HTC One XL

Yep, I'm a very big fan of cheap. We'll see if it holds up. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=121026654299

Hmm, interesting. Let's see if my phone holds up the same.

7th January 2013, 06:50 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 96

1,065 posts
Has anyone received they're aluminum case yet? I'm anxious to see if there is any signal issues and how it looks on the phone.

Thx

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium
7th January 2013, 07:58 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Portland

279 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by azturbomini

Has anyone received they're aluminum case yet? I'm anxious to see if there is any signal issues and how it looks on the phone.

Thx

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

Sadly, no. Shipping on this thing is wack. Hopefully soon though. As soon as it comes in I will report in here.
The Following User Says Thank You to KungPow90 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2013, 12:29 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Portland

279 posts
More
Finally, it arrived. I'm liking it. It gives a slim sleek profile to the phone. Very minimal bulk to it. The brushed aluminum back has a nice feel to it. Something I've noticed in the five minutes that its been on my phone is the plastic around the metal is just that. Plastic. Ick. Some people might like it but personally, I don't. Something to keep in mind. Another thing I've noticed is the aluminum is seemingly glued on to the plastic. Don't get me wrong here though, very sturdy and isn't coming off but it isn't a seamless integration. The cut outs for the buttons and speaker are a smudgeon off, a slight bit up on the phone. That's minor and just my OCD kicking in, everything is fully functional and usable though.

Rating: 8/10 You get what you pay for, and perhaps a little more.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread