Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,741 Members 47,177 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: In your opinion, when looking back at this thread, how easy were the instructions?
Very Easy 69 58.97%
Somewhat Easy 18 15.38%
Easy 17 14.53%
Difficult 3 2.56%
Somewhat Difficult 6 5.13%
Very Difficult 4 3.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

[ROOT][HOW TO] Install Google Play Store Noob (Simple) Version

Tip us?

prokennexusa
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 948

DONATE TO ME
Default Wireless Indicator Bug in KFHD 7" Software Version 7.2.3??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffreycee View Post
Hey done exactly what you said and still not working my WiFi signal sign keeps getting a x through it ever since I rooted also I can still browse the internet via dolphin browser and silk I tried deleting root and starting all over 're-rooting to see if it rectified the problem and it didn't I also moved something from the system now it just shows blank boxes no names no pictures
Jeffreycee,

The problem you are noticing with WiFi has nothing to do with Root. This is a known Bug on the Kindle here is our post acknowledging the bug: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2064508

Do you have any idea what files you moved out of the /system/app folder?

Just FYI, there are two innocuous files installed when you Root, the Superuser.apk in /system/app and the su binary in /system/xbin

What you can do to figure out what you accidentally removed is download the latest Kindle Fire HD or 2 Update from here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200529680

Change the file name from .bin to .zip and use 7-Zip to Unzip the package, then open the update package and open ES File Explorer on the Kindle. Navigate to /system/app compare the 7-Zip /system/app to your /system/app, what is missing?

Once you figure out what is missing, reply here and we will post how to replace the missing package or packages and how to setup the proper permissions so your Kindle boots properly.
Best Regards, Chris Bryant (prokennexusa Team Member)

The Noob Guys, where Simplicity is Key......

Main Line: (707) 774-5923

KFFA Bug Tracking: http://mantis.canonicaldev.com
Pastebin for Info: http://pastebin.canonicaldev.com/

Facebook: prokennexusa@gmail.com
Twitter: #prokennexus

Search XDA for Noob............More to come!

Cupidhunters
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I tired to install Google Play in Kindle fire 8.9" and after doing vending.apk step I keep getting error while opening Google Play Store Saying "Goolge Play Store had Stopped ".Can you tell if these steps are some for both 7" and 8.9" one or any modification done to it ?

prokennexusa
Old
Thanks Meter 948

DONATE TO ME
Prompt Install Google Play Store Noob (Simple) Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupidhunters View Post
I tired to install Google Play in Kindle fire 8.9" and after doing vending.apk step I keep getting error while opening Google Play Store Saying "Goolge Play Store had Stopped ".Can you tell if these steps are some for both 7" and 8.9" one or any modification done to it ?
Cupidhunters,

The Kindle Fire HD 8.9" and the HD 7" have identical Operating Systems, so what works on the Kindle Fire HD 7" will work on the Kindle Fire HD 8.9" with a few rare exceptions.

Having said this the Google Play Store process is identical on both the Kindle Fire HD 8.9" and the Kindle Fire HD 7" with no instruction variations.

When you see Google Play Store has stopped, this is usually attributed to Upgrading the store prior to first launching the store per the instructions. This process is extremely sensitive, if you miss a step or upgrade prior to launching Vending.apk the entire process will fail.

If you followed the instructions perfectly, then go to More+ Applications > Installed Applications and Clear the Data to all the Google Services:

1. Account and Sync Settings
2. Google Login Service
3. Google Services Framework
4. Google Play Store

Reboot, replace Vending.apk with a new Vending.apk in /system/app folder - check the permissions - install Vending.apk.

Next go to Apps be sure you are on the Device, Launch the old Android Store, Agree to the License, add your Gmail Account, close the Android Store.

Next install GPlay3.8.17.apk from the /sdcard/Download folder - go back to the Apps folder be sure you are on the Device. Launch Google Play Store - wait for it to initialize and sync - usually 3 to 5 minutes.

Finally install Phonesky.apk from the /sdcard/Download folder - go back to the Apps folder be sure you are on the Device. Launch Google Play Store - wait for it to initialize and sync - usually 3 to 5 minutes.
Attached Files
File Type: apk Vending.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.76 MB, 707 views)
File Type: apk AccountAndSyncSettings.apk - [Click for QR Code] (228.2 KB, 561 views)
File Type: apk GoogleLoginService.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.86 MB, 506 views)
File Type: apk GoogleServicesFramework.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.79 MB, 477 views)
File Type: apk Gplay3.8.17.apk - [Click for QR Code] (5.36 MB, 568 views)
File Type: apk Phonesky.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.81 MB, 541 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prokennexusa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cupidhunters
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Sucessfully done installing Google play store

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokennexusa View Post
Cupidhunters,

The Kindle Fire HD 8.9" and the HD 7" have identical Operating Systems, so what works on the Kindle Fire HD 7" will work on the Kindle Fire HD 8.9" with a few rare exceptions.

Having said this the Google Play Store process is identical on both the Kindle Fire HD 8.9" and the Kindle Fire HD 7" with no instruction variations.

When you see Google Play Store has stopped, this is usually attributed to Upgrading the store prior to first launching the store per the instructions. This process is extremely sensitive, if you miss a step or upgrade prior to launching Vending.apk the entire process will fail.

If you followed the instructions perfectly, then go to More+ Applications > Installed Applications and Clear the Data to all the Google Services:

2. Google Login Service
4. Google Play Store

Reboot, replace Vending.apk with a new Vending.apk in /system/app folder - check the permissions - install Vending.apk.

Next go to Apps be sure you are on the Device, Launch the old Android Store, Agree to the License, add your Gmail Account, close the Android Store.

Next install GPlay3.8.17.apk from the /sdcard/Download folder - go back to the Apps folder be sure you are on the Device. Launch Google Play Store - wait for it to initialize and sync - usually 3 to 5 minutes.

Finally install Phonesky.apk from the /sdcard/Download folder - go back to the Apps folder be sure you are on the Device. Launch Google Play Store - wait for it to initialize and sync - usually 3 to 5 minutes.
Thanks for the instructions .I finally got Google play stored installed on kindle fire HD 8.9" .Just an advice please update this file if they are bit different in front page to make sure people get success with their installations.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cupidhunters For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

prokennexusa
Old
Thanks Meter 948

DONATE TO ME
Default Install Google Play Store Noob (Simple) Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupidhunters View Post
Thanks for the instructions .I finally got Google play stored installed on kindle fire HD 8.9" .Just an advice please update this file if they are bit different in front page to make sure people get success with their installations.
Cupidhunters,

Thank you for the feedback. The files provided to you are the identical files in the Tutorial. The key with the install is not the file source (we only have one source), it is the way they are installed. If a person deviates from the instructions in any way, the install fails and Google Play Store fails to launch.

So far to date, we have over 18,000 successful Google Play Store installs. How to respond is almost second nature to us when someone complains about Google Play Store "Suddenly Stopped..." or "Can't establish a reliable connection to the server..."- 95% of the time, it is the order that Google Play was installed.

We do keep the services up to date, so as Google Upgrades Google Play Store is upgraded, we upgrade our files but the directions always remain unchanged.

Thank you for being part of our tutorial and taking the time to post feedback, this means a lot to us. We hope to be of service to you in our other tutorials.

prokennexusa
Old
Thanks Meter 948

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide MAJOR UPDATE 02/14/2013 at 21:48 Rev4.2.22

To All-

OK, now to the new release: Official Major Release Dated 02/14/2013 at 21:48 Rev 4.2.22-

Kindle Fire First Aide Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip

Kindle Fire First Aide 32-bit Optimized Version: KFFirstAide32.zip

Kindle Fire First Aide 64-bit Optimized Version: KFFirstAide64.zip

Kindle Fire First Aide RunMe Update (Included With The Above Packages): RunMe.zip

Make sure the PC has the latest version of Java SE: Java SE Development Kit 7u13

Our software has an option to wipe the Dalvik Cache and user data. Let us know if there are any errors during the installation

m44898
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you very much for the tutorial. Google Play store is now installed in Kindle fire hd 8.9.

Milera14
Old
(Last edited by Milera14; 15th February 2013 at 01:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Cupidhunters,

2. Google Login Service
4. Google Play Store

I still have same problem :X please help me

Infobits
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Default My HD 8.9 Lost Amazons functions after using the toolkit to root and update Gapps.

Quote:
To All-

OK, now to the new release: Official Major Release Dated 02/14/2013 at 21:48 Rev 4.2.22-

Kindle Fire First Aide Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip

Kindle Fire First Aide 32-bit Optimized Version: KFFirstAide32.zip

Kindle Fire First Aide 64-bit Optimized Version: KFFirstAide64.zip

Kindle Fire First Aide RunMe Update (Included With The Above Packages): RunMe.zip

Make sure the PC has the latest version of Java SE: Java SE Development Kit 7u13

Our software has an option to wipe the Dalvik Cache and user data. Let us know if there are any errors during the installation
Hi prokennexusa and thanks for your hard work! I am having some issues with my new Kindle HD 8.9 32GB tablet after using your 64bit tookit on a Windows 8 Pro PC. First off I made a mistake that screwed things up. I did not realize that it was a hard core "MUST" to install your kit on hard drive C: and I had it installed on my D: drive. fyi, my tablet was already previously rooted using some other toolkit "bin4ry" before I came across your tookit. I used the 64 bit version and ran the steps to install the Google Play apps. It was throwing all errors and I noticed that it was saying it could not find the files looking for them in the C:\ drive! You hard coded the drive statements in place and so it was not finding them on my D:\ drive! Anyway, I let it run to completion because I did not want to halt it midway in whatever changes it was doing to my HD 8.9.

After the toolkit finished, my tablet was a mess, screens rendering very very slow, and screens not showing up correctly and there was no bottom and top menu frames to navigate back or get to any settings!
Anyway, I fixed the RunMe.bat script to work from my D: drive and reran it to again install the Google Play apps selection and this time it found the files and installed them. But my screens were still messed up not showing any bottom or top menu frames. So I could not navigate anywhere or back out of an app if I opened an app.
I did use your tookit to create a full KindleBackUp of my system before I started out.
but when I tried to restore the full KindleBackUp images, it would not work! First I found another bug with the gunzip.exe statements. For some reason the gunzip.exe was not uncompressing the .gz files! It was throwing messages on my screen saying file already in ".gz" format so leaving "unchanged". I fixed those statements by adding the "-d" parameter to the gunzip.exe statements. Then it unzipped the image files.
BUT, even after that fix, for some reason the fastboot does not work nor respond with my HD 8.9 tablet. I tried using my stock Amazon cable which does not bring the device into fastboot mode and I also tried using my Nexus 7 USB cable which does bring up fastboot mode. But the tablet does not respond at all to any fastboot commands! I even tried issuing fastboot commands manually while the tablet was showing the fastboot logo on its screen, but it just does not respond to any commands. So I cannot restore my original backup images.

Also, after all this failing and my tablet in bad shape, I decided to run your toolkit again to install the other " Install Signed ICS Google Applications" and that at least brought back my missing screen icons and top and bottom status menus! So the tablet is 90% working now although I am missing most of my previous sideloaded apps and worse some of my Amazon apps are gone too and I cannot reinstall them.

Also on the Amazon menu selections across the top of the screen, some of the choices no longer work! If I click on "Videos" it says "Unable to launch Video", if I click on "Newsstand" it blinks and does nothing, if I click on "Web" it says "Unable to launch web-browser", If I click on "Photos" it says "Unable to launch Photos", same for "Music" no launch! Although other launch buttons like "Books, Apps, Games. Audiobooks and Docs" still work. So how did these launch areas get broken by your tool? Do you replace and or disable the standard Amazon functions? do you know how to restore them back to working like new stock version? I am feeling messed up right now. Tablet is working for all the other things mostly but now I am missing the main Amazon functions like watching the free TV and Movies, listening to music, etc.

Also Google Play store works. Gmail app fails! Why?
I cannot reinstall ES Explorer because I had it installed through Amazon's store before and now it is missing on my tablet. Tried to reinstall it through Amazon and it says that I already have it installed on my local library and it won't allow me to reinstall it. I tried to install it also using Google Play Store and it fails to install saying it is not compatible with my device! WTF? I am frustrated with the mess.

Anyway, sorry for the long winded post, but only way to describe my situation using this toolkit. I hope you have some suggestions how to fix the issues I described. If they cannot be fixed, then how can I get my tablet to restore back to stock v8.1.4 firmware image since my fastboot seems not to work?

Thanks for any help!

Braves1995
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I've already gone through this tutorial and been using the Play Store for a bit now. My question is, once there is a new version of the Store how do we go about updating it? Will it be like any other .apk? Is it safe to update the Amazon Appstore as well?

Tags
google play market, how to install google play on the kindle, install google play kindle 7" hd, install google play kindle hd