Nexus 10 Poetic Slimline Shipped!

Search This thread

bg1906

Jul 29, 2011
Got my email from Amazon saying that my Poetic Slimline for the Nexus 10 has shipped. It will arrive on Jan. 4. I'll let you all know at that time my thoughts. Anyone else get their shipping notification?

LowSky

Mar 24, 2011
Poughkeepsie
I got a shipping notification too, with a estimated delivery of Jan 2-4. I ordered it in black I really wish they had more colors like grey and brown. I'm not a fan of pastels or bright cases for my expensive gadgets, especially when I use them outside my house.

hughlle

Nov 18, 2012
Would it be right to assume that those of you wiht the estimate for the 24th are from the UK? I'm also on the 24th but hey, i'..

Hang on, i've just looked on amazon as opposed to simply the dispatch email and it state "Saturday 5 Jan 2013 - Thursday 24 Jan 2013"

so i think in the dispatch email they are just stating the worst case scenario delivery date.

NickTheMajin

Mar 6, 2012
If your case has shipped already I highly doubt it will take a month for it to reach some of you guys. Check out the tracking number Amazon gives you. Amazon lists the estimated delivery data as around the 24th for me, but the tracking number on USPS says it should be here on the 31st.

bigbamboo5

Jul 5, 2009
If your case has shipped already I highly doubt it will take a month for it to reach some of you guys. Check out the tracking number Amazon gives you. Amazon lists the estimated delivery data as around the 24th for me, but the tracking number on USPS says it should be here on the 31st.

Hello,

We thought you'd like to know that Poetic-Uk dispatched your item(s). Your order is on the way, and can no longer be changed.

Your estimated delivery date is:
Thursday, January 24, 2013

Your item(s) is (are) being sent by Royal Mail. This order does not have an associated tracking number.

:confused:

NickTheMajin

Mar 6, 2012
Hello,

We thought you'd like to know that Poetic-Uk dispatched your item(s). Your order is on the way, and can no longer be changed.

Your estimated delivery date is:
Thursday, January 24, 2013

Your item(s) is (are) being sent by Royal Mail. This order does not have an associated tracking number.

:confused:

I got a tracking number to follow. Different countries though maybe. I'm getting mine from US Postal Service.

wassct

May 13, 2011
Mine shipped too, delivery January 2-4. Wish it was prime eligible!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

UCSB

Mar 14, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
It looks like they shipped mine from the San Francisco area yesterday. Since I live in the SF area, maybe USPS will deliver it tomorrow, Saturday the 29th.

UCSB

Mar 14, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
It arrived ...

It arrived in the mail today. The cover is held down by three magnets. It automatically turns on/off as you open/close the cover. Very slim. Materials are good for the price. The Poetic logo is in silver on the cover. I like the case and it will be my primary case going forward. I also own the Poetic SlimBook and Poetic HardBack cases. Each case seems to have its own strengths. If you want to travel light, then the SlimLine is the ticket. If you want more protection for the tablet, then the SlimBook will give you more of a margin of safety. If you want flexibility in viewing angles as you prop up the tablet for hands free use, go with the HardBack.

rp181

Mar 10, 2012
UCSB, could you post some pictures? Also, how does the Slimline perform as a stand for the nexus 10?

marcg611

Dec 16, 2010
it wont last..

Sorry but if the front cover materials are the same as the nexus 7 (looks like they are) than expect for it to start falling apart in a weeks time. At the ends of the smart cover folds will crack and start peeling, went through 2 before just getting a refund. They should have designed the cover like apples smartcover or the GMYLE one and I would pay $30+ ...solid design and functionality, ****ty cover... filter the amazon reviews by newest first, all the negative reviews are true and what you can expect... but hopefully they improved the cover design for your guys sake! :)

UCSB

Mar 14, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
UCSB, could you post some pictures? Also, how does the Slimline perform as a stand for the nexus 10?

You fold the cover to make a triangular stand. I don't plan to use the case as a stand and don't want to fold the cover so maybe someone else can test that feature. Just looking at it, I would not expect it to be a very stable stand. I also own the Poetic HardBack case. Which is designed to be a stable stand that supports all viewing angles. I would just use that case if had a need for a stand. Some photos of the SlimLine below.

SlimLine.jpg

SlimLine-2.jpg

SlimLine-3.jpg

SlimLine-4.jpg

SlimLine-5.jpg

SlimLine-6.jpg

In this last picture you can hopefully see some aspects of the case. There are three magnets along the edge to hold the cover shut (they are shiny on lower edge). Inside of cover has a soft feel. The case frame goes along the entire lower part of the case providing complete protection along that edge of the tablet. The case extends out on each side beyond the speakers, providing complete protection of each of those sides.

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

Sorry but if the front cover materials are the same as the nexus 7 (looks like they are) than expect for it to start falling apart in a weeks time. At the ends of the smart cover folds will crack and start peeling, went through 2 before just getting a refund. They should have designed the cover like apples smartcover or the GMYLE one and I would pay $30+ ...solid design and functionality, ****ty cover... filter the amazon reviews by newest first, all the negative reviews are true and what you can expect... but hopefully they improved the cover design for your guys sake! :)

At this point in time, I can not comment on how durable the cover may be over time. The bottom shell of the case is very solid and well designed and I think it will be durable and provide good protection. The cover is much lighter in weight and if anything was to fail on this case the cover would be the most likely component. Since I only use my cases about once a week if I am taking the tablet out of my home, it takes a long time for any wear to show up. I can't really provide any help on durability on the SlimLine. If a sturdy cover is an important feature, I can say that both of the other two Poetic cases that I own for the Nexus 10 (SlimBook, HardBack) have much thicker, sturdier covers.

Last edited:

HeCareth

Jul 11, 2011
Southern California

I bought two of these cases for my wife since I have the Nexus 7 case for myself. I can honestly say the Nexus 7 case has been very durable. I have not had any cracking and the only peeling was due to it getting scratched while in my work bag. It was small so I just filled it in with a black marker. I have had since about October when the final version came out. For an slim case with good protection you really cannot beat it.

Jayrod1980

Feb 4, 2009
Far East
You fold the cover to make a triangular stand. I don't plan to use the case as a stand and don't want to fold the cover so maybe someone else can test that feature. Just looking at it, I would not expect it to be a very stable stand. I also own the Poetic HardBack case. Which is designed to be a stable stand that supports all viewing angles. I would just use that case if had a need for a stand. Some photos of the SlimLine below.

SlimLine.jpg

SlimLine-2.jpg

SlimLine-3.jpg

SlimLine-4.jpg

SlimLine-5.jpg

SlimLine-6.jpg

In this last picture you can hopefully see some aspects of the case. There are three magnets along the edge to hold the cover shut (they are shiny on lower edge). Inside of cover has a soft feel. The case frame goes along the entire lower part of the case providing complete protection along that edge of the tablet. The case extends out on each side beyond the speakers, providing complete protection of each of those sides.

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

At this point in time, I can not comment on how durable the cover may be over time. The bottom shell of the case is very solid and well designed and I think it will be durable and provide good protection. The cover is much lighter in weight and if anything was to fail on this case the cover would be the most likely component. Since I only use my cases about once a week if I am taking the tablet out of my home, it takes a long time for any wear to show up. I can't really provide any help on durability on the SlimLine. If a sturdy cover is an important feature, I can say that both of the other two Poetic cases that I own for the Nexus 10 (SlimBook, HardBack) have much thicker, sturdier covers.

I like the case... Much nicer than most! But really, i wanted to comment on those lovely travertine floors... Really nice man.

Sent from my often RMA'd Nexus 4

Reactions: cubfan80

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got my slimline today and added a little something extra to it :D let me know what you guys think.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

SlimLine.jpg

SlimLine-2.jpg

SlimLine-3.jpg

SlimLine-4.jpg

SlimLine-5.jpg

SlimLine-6.jpg

My new Poetic Slim Case for Nexus 10 just arrived. :D
    8450343872_7eb04b210d_z_d.jpg

8449258671_d0768fddb1_z_d.jpg

8449258617_57fbea59d2_z_d.jpg

No regret buying it. :)

• It fit nicely and tide, if you are thinking often take out and in, then this case was not for you. Get it only if you want it sit inside forever until you change case.
    • The 3 magnet on top was secure close for me, no issue here.
    • Auto Sleep/Awake was functioning well. The power button is slighly difficult to press but no issue here as not really using it anymore since got sleep/awake function. :) Volume I seldom change, so was ok for me.
    Can any of those who already received it, make a video and showing all of it's features? Would love to see that, thanks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_68PC_anM4E

Here's a video review by Harlis58

SlimLine.jpg

SlimLine-2.jpg

SlimLine-3.jpg

SlimLine-4.jpg

SlimLine-5.jpg

SlimLine-6.jpg

I like the case... Much nicer than most! But really, i wanted to comment on those lovely travertine floors... Really nice man.

Sent from my often RMA'd Nexus 4