Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,495 Members 37,162 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

au KDDI HTC J Butterfly [JAPAN] Unlock/Recovery/Root/AUrora v.1.0.2 ROM

Tip us?
 
SharpIS03
Old
#21  
SharpIS03's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 406
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Koshigaya
beaups offered an easier way to change the CID, it's much easier than editing the block file in a hex editor, much less steps. My guide has been changed to reflect those changes.
 
SharpIS03
Old
#22  
SharpIS03's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 406
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Koshigaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltyu View Post
my J butterfly loses signal after trying the rooting method above. anyone has the stock img of system and radio?

hope someone has pulled them using dd command when they got temproot; I forgot to do it

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
I forgot to dd as well! Oh no...perhaps someone can still do it. Hopefully the RUU comes out soon.

You're not still having problems with the signal are you?
 
tiltyu
Old
#23  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 74
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpIS03 View Post
Seems to be a coincidence, it seems that the network went down at the same time. It's back up now though. Unlocked and ready to go!
thank god that it was indeed a some trouble on network system; it was down for almost six hours in Tokyo.

i am unlocking now
looking forward to the sources to be out lol

Sent from my HTL21 using xda app-developers app
Xperia feat. HATSUNE MIKU
Xperia Z C6603
 
matix45
Old
#24  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jan 2013
Nice job!!!
 
fnoji111
Old
#25  
Member
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 84
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miyagi Prefecture,Sendai City,JP
hello.
SharpIS03 Nice job!!

I may want all of you to be careful about only one.


I used the following commands to return it to Stock.

Quote:
echo -ne "KDDI_801" | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 bs=1 seek=20
Then, did not work hboot... ( not QHSUSB_DLOAD)

I tried [adb reboot bootloader] , but was no use...

I was able to repair it by the guarantee service of the carrier, but be careful for the time being.
 
SharpIS03
Old
#26  
SharpIS03's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 406
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Koshigaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnoji111 View Post
hello.
SharpIS03 Nice job!!

I may want all of you to be careful about only one.


I used the following commands to return it to Stock.



Then, did not work hboot... ( not QHSUSB_DLOAD)

I tried [adb reboot bootloader] , but was no use...

I was able to repair it by the guarantee service of the carrier, but be careful for the time being.
Hello! I am sorry to hear that you had a problem! Did you copy and paste the command? I was told that it's ok to use this command to return to KDDI_801.

Thank you for the warning. Please be careful
 
SharpIS03
Old
#27  
SharpIS03's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 406
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Koshigaya
FYI, I have permanent root on my phone. I'll share when I have time to get the process.
 
SharpIS03
Old
#28  
SharpIS03's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 406
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Koshigaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltyu View Post
thank god that it was indeed a some trouble on network system; it was down for almost six hours in Tokyo.

i am unlocking now
looking forward to the sources to be out lol

Sent from my HTL21 using xda app-developers app
Did you unlock?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
 
katsuya82
Old
#29  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 138
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brisbane
Hi, I'm not a hacker so I'm not enitrely sure what I'm doing. I have Taiwanese HTC Butterfly X920d and I've tried you method of getting temp root and failed. After push in getroot and chmod then I run BreakSuidDiag.apk, the screen will jump out a very small windows about 1/8 size of the screen, and then just reboots itself after about 1 min, ofcouse, root is not achieved. now my question is Is it possible to use the same exploit on X920d?
 
SharpIS03
Old
#30  
SharpIS03's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 406
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Koshigaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by katsuya82 View Post
Hi, I'm not a hacker so I'm not enitrely sure what I'm doing. I have Taiwanese HTC Butterfly X920d and I've tried you method of getting temp root and failed. After push in getroot and chmod then I run BreakSuidDiag.apk, the screen will jump out a very small windows about 1/8 size of the screen, and then just reboots itself after about 1 min, ofcouse, root is not achieved. now my question is Is it possible to use the same exploit on X920d?
This was only tested on the Japanese HTC J Butterfly. I am also not a developer by any means, just putting information together. Thank you for testing it, though. I'm not sure if the exploit will work for your phone since I'm not the person who found the exploit. Sorry, and good luck.

Tags
au kddi, htc j butterfly, htl21
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes