[ROOT][HOW TO] Install Google Apps with Speech Recognition Noob (Simple) Version

In your opinion, when looking back at this thread, how easy were the instructions?

• Total voters
Search This thread

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
This is part of our new NOOB Series. This one is How to: Install Ice Cream Sandwich Google Applications with Speech Recognition Software Noob (Easy) Version

These step-by-step instructions will take about 45 Minutes to 1 Hour. Do it when you are fresh not when you are tired since there is a lot to this upgrade.

All Applications were tested on the Kindle Fire HD 7" and are verified to work.

Prerequisites:
1. Competed How To: 7" Kindle Fire HD Root - Noob (Simple) Version http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2069117

Preferred Method (Automatic Installation):

ICS Google Apps Step 1: Download Kindle Fire First Aide: Windows 32-bit Version Or Windows 64-bit Version

ICS Google Apps Step 2: Extract KFFirstAide.zip to C:\KFFirstAide - please remove the 32 or 64 at the end of the folder created by Winzip or 7-Zip

ICS Google Apps Step 3: With your mouse, open the C:\KFFirstAide contents by double mouse clicking the C:\KFFirstAide folder

ICS Google Apps Step 4: Find the RunMe.bat file. Right Hand Mouse click on RunMe.bat, select 'Send to', select Desktop (Create Shortcut). Now press the Left Hand Mouse button to create the Shortcut named RunMe.bat.

ICS Google Apps Step 5: Find the RunMe Shortcut on your desktop, select it by left mouse click over the icon, then while on the icon choose Right Hand mouse click, select Properties.

ICS Google Apps Step 6: This will display the RunMe properties. Select the General Tab, change the top name to KF First Aide. Then click on the Shortcut tab, click on Advanced. Check 'Run as Administrator', click OK, then click Apply, then click OK. All windows should be closed.

ICS Google Apps Step 7: Double Mouse Click the new Icon named KF First Aide. You may be presented with a security window, just click Yes.

ICS Google Apps Step 8: Please click on the Windows Key plus Pause/Break, this will display the Windows System Properties. Next Click on the Advanced Tab and find "Environment Variables". Please click on Environment Variables and find the Path Statement. Carefully add at the end of the Path Statement:

Code:
;C:\KFFirstAide

Note: Do Not forget the semi-colon before the C:\KFFirstAide

ICS Google Apps Step 9: That is it! The software is ready. Next we get the Kindle ready to disable OTA.

ICS Google Apps Step 10: Please check the Kindle under More + > Security - make sure ADB is ON. Leave it disconnected from USB.

ICS Google Apps Step 11: Launch Kindle Fire First Aide, if the ADB Driver is not installed, use Option 12 to Install the ADB Driver

ICS Google Apps Step 12: Make sure the Kindle is turned ON, plugged into the Computer USB and ready. Select Option 23 to Disable Install Google Apps.

ICS Google Apps Step 13: That is it! Google Apps is now installed, you may close the software.

Alternative Method (Manual Method):

ICS Google Apps Step 1: Download ICS Google Applications to your desktop

ICS Google Apps Step 2: Extract google_apps.zip to your Desktop as google_apps

ICS Google Apps Step 3: Plug in the Kindle to USB, wait for the Kindle Internal Drive to mount

ICS Google Apps Step 4: Using Windows Explorer, move google_apps to /Kindle/Internal Drive/Download

ICS Google Apps Step 5: Using ES File Explorer or Root Explorer, copy ONLY 24 (NOT ALL 38) of the following apk's from /sdcard/google_apps to /system/app

Note: There are 38 apk's in the google_apps folder. Be careful, only copy the 25 noted below.

Move to /system/app/:

1. ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk
2. FaceLock.apk
3. GalleryGoogle.apk
4. GenieWidget.apk
5. Gmail.apk
6. GoogleBackupTransport.apk
7. GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
8. GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
9. GoogleCurrents.apk
10. GoogleFeedback.apk
11. GoogleMaps.apk
12. GooglePartnerSetup.apk
13. GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
14. GoogleStreetView.apk
15. GoogleTTS.apk
16. MarketUpdater.apk
17. MediaUploader.apk
18. NetworkLocation.apk
19. OneTimeInitializer.apk
20. SetupWizard.apk
21. UniversalSearch.apk
22. VoiceSearch.apk
23. YoutubeHD.apk
24. Talk.apk
25. Term.apk

DO NOT Move to /system/app, just perform the install as noted below:

26. Chrome.apk
27. Drive_1.1.4.12.apk
28. Earth_6.2.apk

ICS Google Apps Step 6: Using ES File Explorer or Root Explorer, change permissions on all 24 above apk's in /system/app by Long Pressing each apk. Change each apk permission to: User: Read Write Group: Read Other: Read

ICS Google Apps Step 7: Using ES File Explorer or Root Explorer, click on Chrome.apk, Drive_1.1.4.12.apk and Earth_6.2.apk to install each apk. It is no loner necissary to install 1-25, you only need to perform an install on 26-28.

ICS Google Apps Step 8: Using ES File Explorer or Root Explorer, copy 10 of the following lib's from /sdcard/google_apps/lib to /system/lib:

1. libfacelock_jni.so
2. libfilterpack_facedetect.so
3. libflint_engine_jni_api.so
4. libfrsdk.so
5. libgcomm_jni.so
6. libpicowrapper.so
7. libspeexwrapper.so
8. libvideochat_jni.so
9. libvideochat_stabilize.so
10. libvoicesearch.so

ICS Google Apps Step 9: Using ES File Explorer or Root Explorer, change permissions on all 10 above lib's in /system/lib by Long Pressing each lib. Change each lib permission to: User: Read Write Group: Read Other: Read

ICS Google Apps Step 10: Reboot the Kindle. The Kindle will take about 2 minutes "wait your Kindle is Upgrading".

ICS Google Apps Step 11: Now go into Apps, you will see a new Icon named Search. Launch Search, then click on the little Microphone, speak clearly (I used the word Test).

ICS Google Apps Step 12: The Search application will next ask you which browser do you want to use to display the results (I use Dolphin). Then just like that, your new journey begins! Voice Search is supported in some (not all) of the Google Apps.

ICS Google Apps Step 13: Go to Apps. Open Google Earth, wait 60 Seconds. Close Google Earth. Now Open Google Earth again (this allows all the required services to start). You may now use the Search, type in "Space Needle" Click on Search. Wala, cool eh?

Note: This version of Google Earth does not support Voice Search. Soon to come...we will post immediately when we get the update.

ICS Google Apps Step 14: Go to Apps. Open YouTube HD. Sign into Google, if you are not already signed in.

ICS Google Apps Step 15: Go to Apps. Open to test Google Calendar, Chrome, Currents, Earth, Gallery, Gmail, Latitude, Local, Maps, Navigation, Photos, Search, Voice, YouTube HD and Talk

ICS Google Apps Step 16: Download the Google Chrome update here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/54456659/Chrome_18.0.1025308.apk Save it to your desktop

ICS Google Apps Step 17: Plug the Kindle into USB. Using Windows Explorer, move Chrome_18.0.1025308.apk from your desktop to /Kindle/Internal Drive/Download/Chrome_18.0.1025308.apk

ICS Google Apps Step 18: Now go to your Kindle, using ES File Explorer or Root Explorer, navigate to /sdcard/download

ICS Google Apps Step 19: Next select the Chrome_18.0.1025308.apk file in /sdcard/Download and choose Install

ICS Google Apps Step 20: If there is a warning regarding replacing Chrome, select OK

ICS Google Apps Step 21: Press Install and allow the application to upgrade

ICS Google Apps Step 22: That is it, Chrome is now upgraded to Version 18.0.1025308

ICS Google Apps Step 23: Next Open up Google Play Store, Search for "AVC (Alice)", here is the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=yourapp24.android.tools.alice_lite&hl=en

ICS Google Apps Step 24: Choose to Install AVC (Alice), Google Play Store will then Download and Install AVC (Alice). This is a full blown Speech Recognition Software, it will even have a conversation with you!

ICS Google Apps Step 25: After you test the features we highly recommend that you upgrade to AVC (Alice) Pro, here is a link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=yourapp24.android.tools.aivc

ICS Google Apps Step 26: Finally, using Google Play Search for Alarm Clock Plus, here is the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vp.alarmClockPlusDock

ICS Google Apps Step 27: Choose to install Alarm Clock Plus, Google Play Store will then Download and Install Alarm Clock Plus

ICS Google Apps Step 28: That is it! You may now use Voice to navigate Chrome as well as over 50 other TTS Functions.

Note: Since we installed the Bookmarks Sync Adapter, you may logon to Chrome and sync your desktop Bookmarks to the Kindle.

Next we will offer a How to: Backup and Restore the Kindle Fire HD Noob (Easy) Version

Last edited:

Brodal

Jul 10, 2009
Radom
following your instructions is just big pleasure for a big noob like me! i would like to tell ya that mission completed! :)

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Google Chrome Update Version 18.0.1025308

following your instructions is just big pleasure for a big noob like me! i would like to tell ya that mission completed! :)

We just uploaded an update. Google Chrome has been updated from Google Chrome Bata to Google Chrome Version 18.0.1025308.

Just download Google Chrome Update here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/54456659/Chrome_18.0.1025308.apk

Save it to your desktop.

Using Windows Explorer, move Chrome_18.0.1025308.apk from your desktop to /Kindle/Internal Drive/Download

Using either ES File Explorer or Root Explorer, go to /sdcard/Download/Chrome_18.0.1025308.apk

Next, click on the file Chrome_18.0.1025308.apk and choose Install

If there is a warning about replacing Chrome, click OK. Then choose to Install it. Thant is it, Chrome is now upgraded.

Brodal,

Thank you VERY much for the feedback. We are truly honored to be a part of the XDA Developer Community and be able to freely give back what has been freely given to us.

Knowledge is power and we believe in sharing what we learn. Feedback means a lot to us and motivates us to create new "How to" in the Noob Series.

More to come..............

Reactions: tdo722

fiddystorms

Dec 31, 2011
No space left

As I was installing all 28 APKs in the system/app folder, I got a message that there was not enough space to complete the move. how do I make more space? can I delete the APKs that I've already installed?

Solved - move some of the stock apps to data/app. they will still work if stored in that folder.

one step that seems to be missing is to install the APKs. is that right?

Last edited:

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Root and Google Play for Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD Software Version 7.2.3

As I was installing all 28 APKs in the system/app folder, I got a message that there was not enough space to complete the move. how do I make more space? can I delete the APKs that I've already installed?

Solved - move some of the stock apps to data/app. they will still work if stored in that folder.

one step that seems to be missing is to install the APKs. is that right?

No, you do not need to install these APK's, just Reboot per the instructions.

Just FYI, all most of the installs do is just move an apk to /data/app, some are a little more

involved. In the case of the Google Apps, these were sourced from Google Development directly.

They were designed to be used by Manufactures and Developers (like ourselves) with a manual install.

When you copy everything to /system/app and reboot, this triggers the APK's to do what is needed

to function properly. No other install is required, just do not forget the critical lib files (before you reboot).

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Terminal Emulator

Terminal emulator isn't working. Is this a common issue or did I miss a step?

Krsmqn,

No this may be a problem with my instructions. Using ES File Explorer or Root Explorer Go into /system/apps, find Term.apk

Click to Open Term.apk, choose Install

If you see an error, click OK to overwrite

Click Install and let the program finish installing.

Did that take care of the issue?

Reactions: tdo722 and Krsmqn

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Yes. But now I get error "the process android.process.media has stopped" when trying to download an application from Google play.

ICS Google Apps Step 1: Using ES File Explorer or Root Explorer, double click on each apk and choose install, installing all 28 apk's. You may see a warning about Replacing the application, click OK ignoring the warning. Press Install again. This will initialize each apk. Note: Over 50% will 'fail' on the install, do not worry this is by design and can be ignored, all 28 apk's have been tested and are fully functional.

1. Chrome.apk
2. ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk
3. Drive_1.1.4.12.apk
4. Earth_6.2.apk
5. FaceLock.apk
6. GalleryGoogle.apk
7. GenieWidget.apk
8. Gmail.apk
9. GoogleBackupTransport.apk
10. GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
11. GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
12. GoogleCurrents.apk
13. GoogleFeedback.apk
14. GoogleMaps.apk
15. GooglePartnerSetup.apk
16. GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
17. GoogleStreetView.apk
18. GoogleTTS.apk
19. MarketUpdater.apk
20. MediaUploader.apk
21. NetworkLocation.apk
22. OneTimeInitializer.apk
23. SetupWizard.apk
24. Talk.apk
25. Term.apk
26. UniversalSearch.apk
27. VoiceSearch.apk
28. YoutubeHD.apk

ICS Google Apps Step 2: Reboot the Kindle.

There is a total of 38 apk's in the google_apps package, did you accidentally install all 38 rather than the 28 above apk's? If you did, no worries we''l get Google Play back online. First try to install/initialize all 28 apk's and reboot.

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Google Play Store Error 491

Ok. Thank You firstly.

Play store still not downloading (same error) and about half the apps didn't install.

Edit: error code 491

OK, sorry for the delay, we have been busy today. Getting to your issue

Error 491 is a communications error. I suspect GoogleServicesFramework.apk

is broken. Please go back to How to: Install Google Play Noob (Simple) Version and perform the complete install again.

It is better to replace these 4 files rather than spend hours trying to figure

out which one is broken. If you perform the steps, you will get Google Play

to function again. If you can not get it to work, PM us, we offer free

support to everyone in the XDA Community.

Reactions: tdo722 and Krsmqn

kindleHD

Dec 30, 2012
Hello,

Followed the steps, but google earth and talk both show a message of stopped.
Google earth works right after install, using the open option.
When launched from the app drawer, it only show the stopped message.
The other apps seem to be working. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Cmonsta

May 1, 2011
Help... Ok so i attempted to copy the 28 apps from my download directory to the system/app folder. Not all apps could be copied. Got a message in ES Explorer could not be copied. Then i launched google search and it asked to add an account. After this it broke access to the play store. I get a "RH-01" when i try to launch the store. Plus ES Explorer wont launch anymore. It FCs... What went wrong?? How do i fix?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Google Apps ICS (Signed) - Talk and Earth Fail to Start

Hello,

Thanks.

Did you reboot the Kindle?

1) Try this, move Talk.apk and Earth.apk back to /sdcard/Download/
2) Now try to reinstall Talk and Earth never moving it back to the /system/app folder. Just perform the install.

Do they open now?

Reactions: tdo722 and kindleHD

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Out of Space?

Help... Ok so i attempted to copy the 28 apps from my download directory to the system/app folder. Not all apps could be copied. Got a message in ES Explorer could not be copied. Then i launched google search and it asked to add an account. After this it broke access to the play store. I get a "RH-01" when i try to launch the store. Plus ES Explorer wont launch anymore. It FCs... What went wrong?? How do i fix?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Did you run out of disk space? Sounds like you copied all 38 apk's in the

google_apps folder to /system/app rather than the selected 28.
Is this possible?

Judging by the error, this is what you did. Move the 10 back to /sdcard/download

Then follow our instructions below to reinstall the Google Play Store.

kindleHD

Dec 30, 2012

2) Now try to reinstall Talk and Earth never moving it back to the /system/app folder. Just perform the install.

Do they open now?

Thanks, prokennexusa.
Earth is working now, even after reboots.
Talk fails during install. Also, after moving it back to download, the icon is not available in the app drawer now. Am I missing something?

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Google Apps - Talk Fails to Start

Thanks, prokennexusa.
Earth is working now, even after reboots.
Talk fails during install. Also, after moving it back to download, the icon is not available in the app drawer now. Am I missing something?

Ok, we are almost there.

Let's take the attached version of Talk and move

it to /system/app, change the permissions to Owner: Read/Write Group: Read Others: Read

Then reboot the Kindle, do not install it.

After the reboot go into /apps does it launch now?

Attachments

• Talk.apk
    1.6 MB · Views: 16

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com

Attachments

• Talk.apk
    1.6 MB · Views: 10

kindleHD

Dec 30, 2012
KindleHD,

Here we go, hot off my own office Kindle which has Talk functioning.
]

Move the attached file to /system/app

Change the permissions: Owner: Read/Write Group: Read Others: Read

Reboot

If this does not work, we have to replace the files that Talk.apk calls when it is launched.

Hi prokennexusa,

It does not work. Upon reboot, it automatically shows the message that talk has stopped. It shows the message twice. Trying to launch it also displays the same message.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is part of our new NOOB Series. This one is How to: Install Ice Cream Sandwich Google Applications with Speech Recognition Software Noob (Easy) Version

These step-by-step instructions will take about 45 Minutes to 1 Hour. Do it when you are fresh not when you are tired since there is a lot to this upgrade.

All Applications were tested on the Kindle Fire HD 7" and are verified to work.

Prerequisites:
    1. Competed How To: 7" Kindle Fire HD Root - Noob (Simple) Version http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2069117

Preferred Method (Automatic Installation):

ICS Google Apps Step 1: Download Kindle Fire First Aide: Windows 32-bit Version Or Windows 64-bit Version

ICS Google Apps Step 2: Extract KFFirstAide.zip to C:\KFFirstAide - please remove the 32 or 64 at the end of the folder created by Winzip or 7-Zip

ICS Google Apps Step 3: With your mouse, open the C:\KFFirstAide contents by double mouse clicking the C:\KFFirstAide folder

ICS Google Apps Step 4: Find the RunMe.bat file. Right Hand Mouse click on RunMe.bat, select 'Send to', select Desktop (Create Shortcut). Now press the Left Hand Mouse button to create the Shortcut named RunMe.bat.

ICS Google Apps Step 5: Find the RunMe Shortcut on your desktop, select it by left mouse click over the icon, then while on the icon choose Right Hand mouse click, select Properties.

ICS Google Apps Step 6: This will display the RunMe properties. Select the General Tab, change the top name to KF First Aide. Then click on the Shortcut tab, click on Advanced. Check 'Run as Administrator', click OK, then click Apply, then click OK. All windows should be closed.

ICS Google Apps Step 7: Double Mouse Click the new Icon named KF First Aide. You may be presented with a security window, just click Yes.

ICS Google Apps Step 8: Please click on the Windows Key plus Pause/Break, this will display the Windows System Properties. Next Click on the Advanced Tab and find "Environment Variables". Please click on Environment Variables and find the Path Statement. Carefully add at the end of the Path Statement:

Code:
    ;C:\KFFirstAide

Note: Do Not forget the semi-colon before the C:\KFFirstAide

ICS Google Apps Step 9: That is it! The software is ready. Next we get the Kindle ready to disable OTA.

ICS Google Apps Step 10: Please check the Kindle under More + > Security - make sure ADB is ON. Leave it disconnected from USB.

ICS Google Apps Step 11: Launch Kindle Fire First Aide, if the ADB Driver is not installed, use Option 12 to Install the ADB Driver

ICS Google Apps Step 12: Make sure the Kindle is turned ON, plugged into the Computer USB and ready. Select Option 23 to Disable Install Google Apps.

ICS Google Apps Step 13: That is it! Google Apps is now installed, you may close the software.

Alternative Method (Manual Method):

ICS Google Apps Step 1: Download ICS Google Applications to your desktop

ICS Google Apps Step 2: Extract google_apps.zip to your Desktop as google_apps

ICS Google Apps Step 3: Plug in the Kindle to USB, wait for the Kindle Internal Drive to mount

ICS Google Apps Step 4: Using Windows Explorer, move google_apps to /Kindle/Internal Drive/Download

ICS Google Apps Step 5: Using ES File Explorer or Root Explorer, copy ONLY 24 (NOT ALL 38) of the following apk's from /sdcard/google_apps to /system/app

Note: There are 38 apk's in the google_apps folder. Be careful, only copy the 25 noted below.

Move to /system/app/:

1. ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk
    2. FaceLock.apk
    3. GalleryGoogle.apk
    4. GenieWidget.apk
    5. Gmail.apk
    6. GoogleBackupTransport.apk
    7. GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
    8. GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
    9. GoogleCurrents.apk
    10. GoogleFeedback.apk
    11. GoogleMaps.apk
    12. GooglePartnerSetup.apk
    13. GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
    14. GoogleStreetView.apk
    15. GoogleTTS.apk
    16. MarketUpdater.apk
    17. MediaUploader.apk
    18. NetworkLocation.apk
    19. OneTimeInitializer.apk
    20. SetupWizard.apk
    21. UniversalSearch.apk
    22. VoiceSearch.apk
    23. YoutubeHD.apk
    24. Talk.apk
    25. Term.apk

DO NOT Move to /system/app, just perform the install as noted below:

26. Chrome.apk
    27. Drive_1.1.4.12.apk
    28. Earth_6.2.apk

ICS Google Apps Step 6: Using ES File Explorer or Root Explorer, change permissions on all 24 above apk's in /system/app by Long Pressing each apk. Change each apk permission to: User: Read Write Group: Read Other: Read

ICS Google Apps Step 7: Using ES File Explorer or Root Explorer, click on Chrome.apk, Drive_1.1.4.12.apk and Earth_6.2.apk to install each apk. It is no loner necissary to install 1-25, you only need to perform an install on 26-28.

ICS Google Apps Step 8: Using ES File Explorer or Root Explorer, copy 10 of the following lib's from /sdcard/google_apps/lib to /system/lib:

1. libfacelock_jni.so
    2. libfilterpack_facedetect.so
    3. libflint_engine_jni_api.so
    4. libfrsdk.so
    5. libgcomm_jni.so
    6. libpicowrapper.so
    7. libspeexwrapper.so
    8. libvideochat_jni.so
    9. libvideochat_stabilize.so
    10. libvoicesearch.so

ICS Google Apps Step 9: Using ES File Explorer or Root Explorer, change permissions on all 10 above lib's in /system/lib by Long Pressing each lib. Change each lib permission to: User: Read Write Group: Read Other: Read

ICS Google Apps Step 10: Reboot the Kindle. The Kindle will take about 2 minutes "wait your Kindle is Upgrading".

ICS Google Apps Step 11: Now go into Apps, you will see a new Icon named Search. Launch Search, then click on the little Microphone, speak clearly (I used the word Test).

ICS Google Apps Step 12: The Search application will next ask you which browser do you want to use to display the results (I use Dolphin). Then just like that, your new journey begins! Voice Search is supported in some (not all) of the Google Apps.

ICS Google Apps Step 13: Go to Apps. Open Google Earth, wait 60 Seconds. Close Google Earth. Now Open Google Earth again (this allows all the required services to start). You may now use the Search, type in "Space Needle" Click on Search. Wala, cool eh?

Note: This version of Google Earth does not support Voice Search. Soon to come...we will post immediately when we get the update.

ICS Google Apps Step 14: Go to Apps. Open YouTube HD. Sign into Google, if you are not already signed in.

ICS Google Apps Step 15: Go to Apps. Open to test Google Calendar, Chrome, Currents, Earth, Gallery, Gmail, Latitude, Local, Maps, Navigation, Photos, Search, Voice, YouTube HD and Talk

ICS Google Apps Step 16: Download the Google Chrome update here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/54456659/Chrome_18.0.1025308.apk Save it to your desktop

ICS Google Apps Step 17: Plug the Kindle into USB. Using Windows Explorer, move Chrome_18.0.1025308.apk from your desktop to /Kindle/Internal Drive/Download/Chrome_18.0.1025308.apk

ICS Google Apps Step 18: Now go to your Kindle, using ES File Explorer or Root Explorer, navigate to /sdcard/download

ICS Google Apps Step 19: Next select the Chrome_18.0.1025308.apk file in /sdcard/Download and choose Install

ICS Google Apps Step 20: If there is a warning regarding replacing Chrome, select OK

ICS Google Apps Step 21: Press Install and allow the application to upgrade

ICS Google Apps Step 22: That is it, Chrome is now upgraded to Version 18.0.1025308

ICS Google Apps Step 23: Next Open up Google Play Store, Search for "AVC (Alice)", here is the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=yourapp24.android.tools.alice_lite&hl=en

ICS Google Apps Step 24: Choose to Install AVC (Alice), Google Play Store will then Download and Install AVC (Alice). This is a full blown Speech Recognition Software, it will even have a conversation with you!

ICS Google Apps Step 25: After you test the features we highly recommend that you upgrade to AVC (Alice) Pro, here is a link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=yourapp24.android.tools.aivc

ICS Google Apps Step 26: Finally, using Google Play Search for Alarm Clock Plus, here is the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vp.alarmClockPlusDock

ICS Google Apps Step 27: Choose to install Alarm Clock Plus, Google Play Store will then Download and Install Alarm Clock Plus

ICS Google Apps Step 28: That is it! You may now use Voice to navigate Chrome as well as over 50 other TTS Functions.

Note: Since we installed the Bookmarks Sync Adapter, you may logon to Chrome and sync your desktop Bookmarks to the Kindle.

Next we will offer a How to: Backup and Restore the Kindle Fire HD Noob (Easy) Version
    Terminal Emulator

Terminal emulator isn't working. Is this a common issue or did I miss a step?

Krsmqn,

No this may be a problem with my instructions. Using ES File Explorer or Root Explorer Go into /system/apps, find Term.apk

Click to Open Term.apk, choose Install

If you see an error, click OK to overwrite

Click Install and let the program finish installing.

Did that take care of the issue?
    Google Apps ICS (Signed) - Talk and Earth Fail to Start

Hello,

Thanks.

Do they open now?
    Google Play Store Error 491

Ok. Thank You firstly.

Play store still not downloading (same error) and about half the apps didn't install.

Edit: error code 491

OK, sorry for the delay, we have been busy today. Getting to your issue

Error 491 is a communications error. I suspect GoogleServicesFramework.apk

is broken. Please go back to How to: Install Google Play Noob (Simple) Version and perform the complete install again.

It is better to replace these 4 files rather than spend hours trying to figure

out which one is broken. If you perform the steps, you will get Google Play

to function again. If you can not get it to work, PM us, we offer free

support to everyone in the XDA Community.
    Google Chrome Update Version 18.0.1025308

We just uploaded an update. Google Chrome has been updated from Google Chrome Bata to Google Chrome Version 18.0.1025308.

Just download Google Chrome Update here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/54456659/Chrome_18.0.1025308.apk

Save it to your desktop.

Using Windows Explorer, move Chrome_18.0.1025308.apk from your desktop to /Kindle/Internal Drive/Download

Using either ES File Explorer or Root Explorer, go to /sdcard/Download/Chrome_18.0.1025308.apk

Next, click on the file Chrome_18.0.1025308.apk and choose Install

If there is a warning about replacing Chrome, click OK. Then choose to Install it. Thant is it, Chrome is now upgraded.

Brodal,

Thank you VERY much for the feedback. We are truly honored to be a part of the XDA Developer Community and be able to freely give back what has been freely given to us.

Knowledge is power and we believe in sharing what we learn. Feedback means a lot to us and motivates us to create new "How to" in the Noob Series.

More to come..............