Jelly Bean Anyone???
That's right, in case you didn't know, a Jelly Bean OTA was "accidentally" pushed out to lots of people on Christmas Eve. Maybe you grabbed it, maybe you didn't. Well for those of you that didn't, I have quite the surprise for you today!!!
Here it is, the "accidental" Jelly Bean OTA!!!!!
Let's go through the steps to get this on your phone. Now keep in mind, just to test out these instructions, I've done this myself since I am back on the RAZR now!
CAUTION!!!!! AFTER INSTALLING THIS UPDATE, IT IS COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE TO GO BACK TO ICS!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
Note: I am absolutely NOT responsible for anything that happens to your phone during this process.
1. Download the Jelly Bean update file and place it on the root of your external sdcard (root of sdcard means DO NOT put it in any folders, just put it on the main part of the external sdcard.) http://d-h.st/8l1
2. Download and install Winrar (free version) http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
3. Download Mattlgroff's RAZR Utility v1.82 http://batakang.com/ftp/DROID_RAZR/D...tility1.82.zip
4. Download and install Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper from the Play Store https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...b3RrZWVwZXIiXQ
Update your SU Binary before backing up your root!
1. Find the zip file for the RAZR utility you just downloaded and right click on it. Select "Extract Files..." then click OK.
2. Connect your phone to your PC with a USB Cable in FASTBOOT MODE.
3. Go to the extracted folder from the Utility and double click the DroidRAZRUtility.bat file.
4. Select option 1 to fastboot back to complete stock .211 (Note: If you're just on stock rooted .211 with NO RECOVERY, skip this step. If the update fails, fastboot back to .211)
5. After fastbooting back (it will take a while) Reopen the DroidRAZRUtility.bat file.
6. Stay connected to your PC, with your phone ON normally, change the USB connection to MTP Mode, now go to Settings > Developer Options, and turn on USB Debugging.
7. Use the DroidRAZRUtility.bat file again, this time select Option 2 which will root your .211 build.
7a. Open the app drawer on your phone, navigate to SuperUser, open the app, and update your su binaries.
8. Open the app drawer on your phone and navigate to the Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper App and open the app.
9. Once the app is open, allow it Superuser Permission, then select "Protect Root."
10. Reboot Device
11. Go back to the OTA Rootkeeper App and this time select "Temp Unroot."
12. Turn your phone off. Once powered down, press and hold the power button + volume down at the same for about 9 seconds, when the screen flickers, release the buttons and quickly press all 3 side buttons (power, vol+, vol-)
13. You're now in the bootloader, press the vol- button to highlight "Recovery" and press vol+ to select it.
14. You'll be greeted with an Android on his back, press both volume buttons at the same time here to enter stock moto recovery.
15. Now in stock recovey, select "install update from external sdcard."
16. Wait for the update to finish installing (about 20-30 minutes.)
17. After the update is finished, simply reboot the phone.
18. Congratualtions!!! You now have stock Jelly Bean on your RAZR!!!
Now let's get your root permissions back!
1. Reboot your phone normally after the update finishes installing.
2. Open the Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper App
3. Select "Restore Root."
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE RESTORING ROOT AFTER THIS UPDATE, TRY THIS TOOL (made by mattlgroff) BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE!!!!!!!
Try this tool and let me know if it works please.
Extract to desktop
Make sure you have the drivers installed
Connect phone to PC
Enable USB Debugging
Double click the FixRoot.bat file
Not making any promises but it might work.
VIDEO of Jelly Bean 4.1.2 on the Motorola Droid RAZR courtesy of Tomsgt: