[ROM][4.1.2][SGH-T889] AOKP | Unofficial [06 Jan]

Search This thread

doubledragon

Dec 29, 2011
New York, NY

Big props and many thanks and much appreciation to the people that are working on these new builds.

Question - Can anyone point me to my misstep if I get frequent popups with [Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped.]

I also get similar popups for [com.google.process.gapps]

I'm performed the installation using the steps in the OP, using CWM Recovery.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png

changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site

installation-1.png

Flash Rom in CWM or TWRP
    Wipe data/factory reset if you are coming from another ROM
    Flash the zip
    Wipe cache/dalvik cache
    Then flash GApps.
    Reboot

downloads-4.png

Download My Semi-Nightly Builds and Gapps here:
    http://goo.im/devs/cmenard/SGH-T889/AOKP

What works:
    Almost Everything

What doesn't work:
    Flash video playback is hit and miss at best

source-2.png

AOKP's Source can be found here: Github

=======================================================================================

Thanks to:
    AOKP Team
    madmack for the initial CM10 work
    Teamhacksung for all they have done with the exynos platform
    Andreilux
    Faux123
    Codeworkx
    morfic

Please do not copy and paste this post anywhere else. Always point the post to this thread since it will always have the most recently updated version. Thank you and enjoy the Jelly Bean infused Unicorns!

=======================================================================================
    This is a mashup of madmack's device tree and my own t889 tree. Everything should now be up to date on my github.

January 6th 2013
    All the device specific blobs have been updated to TMo 4.1.1 versions. The biggest improvement has been in updating the "common" blobs to the XXDLK7 4.1.2 versions. With the kernel updates paired with the 4.1.2 blobs the UI is much smoother. Scrolling jitters should be completely squashed and 3D performance is finally where it should be. Unfortunately, the low call audio bug is still there for calls that you receive. That's on the list to be fixed but the UI jitters and poor 3D performance were really bugging me and took priority.

Bullet 1.9.20
    • Major update to mali from N8000 sources
    • Bumped VM readahead to 1024 from 128

Bullet 1.9.15
    • 1.9GHz Overclocking
    • Andreilux's memory expoit fix
    • Makefile tweaks
    • MDM power management updates

Bullet 1.9.00
    • Voltage Control
    • Dynamic Fsync
    • CRT animation fixed
    • Fixed USB mounting
    • MDM power management updates (more to come)

On the list are Mali fixes, Overclocking (duh), driver and firmware updates....
    First post in this thread for me guys...

Wow. Based on a recommendation from another user elsewhere on xda, I am now using this ROM on my at&t note2, and I have to say, it's running perfectly. Not one single complaint. Except....

Why are the last couple of pages in this thread filled with posts asking if certain things will work on other ROMs?? I think if some of you went to the "other" ROMs' respective threads, you may get more informed responses. Just a thought. Too much clutter in some normally great ROM threads, and it's really been taking away from the time and effort these devs put in to their work, which is, giving you something for free. Gotta respect that, people, because it seems like once a week, I read a post from a dev saying that he's tired of this, tired of that.

These devs are very tired. Let them work.

Sorry guys, I came in here to acknowledge the work that this team has done, and I read more than I thought I would.

Go about your business. :D

-Older than I look, younger than I feel.-
    There's a new 06 January build up. It has major changes to the kernel and the lib versions used. With that said this kernel will not be compatible with other AOSP builds. Check the second post for the updates contained in the latest build.
    changelog-2.png

aokp_t889_unofficial_Dec-28-12.zip
    • Fixed power off charging
    • Added S Pen Gestures in ROM Control