Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM] JB 4.1.1 UVDLJC STOCK Slim 02-22-2013 (Version 5.00)

OP ktmdave7

29th December 2012, 09:31 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 16

147 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmdave7

try this...go to Settings - More settings - Mobile networks - Access Point Names {on lower left settings "Reset to default"}
(if you haveT-Mobile Teathering + T-Mobile US -then T-Mobile Tethering with disappear and will work afterwards)

I almost posted this in post 1, after a clean install, I didn't notice that problem...It's mentioned in the MOD's Thread Orig MOD's POST has more info

If this becomes big problem, I know TrevE Mod v3.2 betav5 will work fine. I will post link up later in Post #1 as optional Working HotSpot Hack!

Thanks for quick reply.
I did do a clean, full wipe install as directed, and went into the APN settings, only saw the T-Mobile US apn, reset to the default, and still a no go. Getting upsell redirected.
29th December 2012, 09:33 AM   |  #22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Roseville, CA
Thanks Meter: 251

261 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastSidekick

Let me know if you want my copy thru PM.

I got what your saying, I know there is always extra lib files that can be removed with .apk's. I don't mind removing them on my own SGS3 version at home for testing period (I can always add back to my more removed testing version) then after certain time when I know they are proven to not be needed then take them out of next release.Thank you for info.

Sure send me the PM Info, any help is great. I'll give you Removal credit on Post #1 TY!
Last edited by ktmdave7; 29th December 2012 at 10:13 AM.
29th December 2012, 09:41 AM   |  #23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Roseville, CA

261 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyRst

Thanks for quick reply.
I did do a clean, full wipe install as directed, and went into the APN settings, only saw the T-Mobile US apn, reset to the default, and still a no go. Getting upsell redirected.

HOTSpot Hack Fix?... go to Settings - More settings - Mobile networks - Access Point Names {on lower left settings "Reset to default"}
(T-Mobile US is fine, T-Mobile Tethering will get removed and will work afterwards)

9 pages of info - HotSpot Hack Thread. Post #1 talks about using Titanium Backup and APN

Right now, I'm using my SGS3 Cell to tether to my Acer A500 (Wifi only tablet, no 3G) It's working FINE for me!
When I did have error earlier one time, which I believe was caused by Restoring Data from older TWRP Recovery Backup or Titanium Backup, the fix worked great!

I'm trying to mess stuff up (for troubleshooting), Wiped Cache + Dalvik, use MOD Wifi Tether TrevE mod at same time (this stopped tether, just until reboot)

Update #1: I tried a lot of stuff to get a problem. I can't get it to NOT WORK!

Later, I will see if TWRP Recovery (restoring Data from past will create problem), or Titanium Backup of SMS\MMS and Cell phone logs creates same problem)
Last edited by ktmdave7; 29th December 2012 at 04:34 PM.
29th December 2012, 10:49 AM   |  #24  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 2,213

3,336 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmdave7

Read the MOD OP's thread, there is some info about using titanium backup to restore and re-causing APN (I know I edited the files correctly and carefully) and it worked for me (was using my tablet to Tether on cell... I'm still looking into it.)

Not saying it's ur fault, just trying to give you more info as i work on it.

of the 9 pages. in the middle it starts with good info about stuff

Sent.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheLastSidekick For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th December 2012, 02:17 PM   |  #25  
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 477

2,315 posts
More
Thanks for the rom! Runs good! How can I get back talk? I cant download it from the play store. Thanks!

Edit: Just downloaded the removed files..
Last edited by Lakeshow423; 29th December 2012 at 02:20 PM.
29th December 2012, 03:03 PM   |  #26  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 12

23 posts
More
Thank you! Been looking for a "slim" ROM. So far so good. I was wondering if there is a way to display the default battery icon and not the %number which is set by default. I can't find an option to change it. thanks again for the ROM
29th December 2012, 03:36 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 41

380 posts
Great ROM. One issue: getting FCs when I try to change settings (signature off, notification tone) in the email apk. I tried fixing permissions and a reboot but the problem persists.
29th December 2012, 04:02 PM   |  #28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Roseville, CA

261 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysun

Thank you! Been looking for a "slim" ROM. So far so good. I was wondering if there is a way to display the default battery icon and not the %number which is set by default. I can't find an option to change it. thanks again for the ROM

Your the 2nd person to want a battery icon change.

Here is some Techy info posted earlier...
I changed the 204 .png Battery % images in SystemUI.apk

(SystemUI.apk also contains the 23 Status Bar Toggle MOD from wanam -His original file doesn't have 204 % images, it has only 19 Green Icon images.

% image (204 files) = 0-100 % (charging + de-charging)
Green Icon (19 files) = 0, 15%, 30%, 45%, etc (charging + de-charging)

Procedure to change battery icon... start with system\app\SystemUI.apk... De-Compiled ...go to res\drawable-xhdpi... change 204 files starting with stat_sys_battery... Re-Compile and add SystemUI.apk back to system\app folder.

UPDATE: added this to post #1
Optional Download : MOD - changes back to Stock Battery Icon <- Instructions inside (NOT Flashable ROM) must be copied to system\app manually
Last edited by ktmdave7; 29th December 2012 at 06:27 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ktmdave7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th December 2012, 04:15 PM   |  #29  
OP Senior Member
Flag Roseville, CA

261 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincitybronze

Great ROM. One issue: getting FCs when I try to change settings (signature off, notification tone) in the email apk. I tried fixing permissions and a reboot but the problem persists.

You just reminded me, I remember haveing tuff time few weeks ago about changeing settings in Stock email 4.0 app.

This is the Stock Email App (only a setting made it Inverted (black background) it's not a different Downloaded app.)
IF anyone has a suggestion to fix this, I'd be interested (it's possible one of the "! Removed Files" adds something needed)

Offsubject : On my custom ACER A500 Rom, recently I had to add back "SetupWizard.apk" to get HomeScreen to center on Desktop.

I'm gonna test some files starting there 1st (SetupWizard.apk is mainly for the 1st Prompt -all those annoying popups and is useless normally...

I'm working on this NOW! please look back on this post #29 for Updated results or finds.
Last edited by ktmdave7; 29th December 2012 at 04:20 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmdave7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th December 2012, 04:31 PM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 79

359 posts
great work, loving this!

just out of curiosity, is there anything out there i can flash that can give me back stock images, toggles and statusbar stuff. i like the idea of completley stock, just debloated to hell with the hotspot/throttle mod and some build prop tweaks.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread