Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,785 Members 45,725 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[OFFICIAL]CM10.1.3 Q&A - Release for D2VZW GSIII (OP updated 9/24/13)

Tip us?

arh2o
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Flashing the "cm-10.1-20130411-EXPERIMENTAL-d2vzw-M3" has completely hard bricked my phone. Almost like I flashed an international version. Has this been packaged wrong? My phone is completely unresponsive and I can't enter recovery or download mode. Helppp.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arh2o For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thebobinator
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by arh2o View Post
Flashing the "cm-10.1-20130411-EXPERIMENTAL-d2vzw-M3" has completely hard bricked my phone. Almost like I flashed an international version. Has this been packaged wrong? My phone is completely unresponsive and I can't enter recovery or download mode. Helppp.
I'm having the same problem. Try to turn on, and it'll buzz, show a splash screen, then die
The Following User Says Thank You to thebobinator For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arh2o
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Ok, I got back into recovery somehow. Try taking the battery out, plugging it into AC. Keep trying to get into recovery with vol up, home, power. I was FREAKING out thinking i needed to jtag but i'm back in CWM now. Gonna flash back to M2. Ughhhh, guys DO NOT flash the M3 right now as it seems to not just be me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arh2o For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BayouBengal
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Ok, I got back into recovery somehow. Try taking the battery out, plugging it into AC. Keep trying to get into recovery with vol up, home, power. I was FREAKING out thinking i needed to jtag but i'm back in CWM now. Gonna flash back to M2. Ughhhh, guys DO NOT flash the M3 right now as it seems to not just be me.

Repeat, DO NOT FLASH M3.

Same problem. Luckily, was able to get into CWM.
The Following User Says Thank You to BayouBengal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JohnnyTToxic
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Default Thanks guys

Thanks guys. You saved me from being at work and trapped without ...gasp... my phone.

I appreciate you taking the bullet for us/me.

thebobinator
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Quote:
Just got into recovery too. Something about unplugging it at the right time or something. Annoying as hell...

DO NOT FLASH M3
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thebobinator For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chillyk45
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Do not flash m3. It will soft brick your s3!!! I need help to get into recovery.

Whisk_33
Old
(Last edited by Whisk_33; 11th April 2013 at 04:40 PM.) Reason: emphasis on How to FIx
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobinator View Post
Just got into recovery too. Something about unplugging it at the right time or something. Annoying as hell...

DO NOT FLASH M3
I just had a similar experience.

DO NOT FLASH M3.

It never got to the Cyanogen start up screen. Luckily I had a previously nightly on my phone.

For those that need to fix things

1) Pull battery (unplug phone)
2) put battery back in
3) Hold Volume Up and Home. Then hold Power.
4) At vibration let go of Power (continue to hold volume up and home)
5) When you see the recovery screen you can then let go of buttons. Reflash a nightly.
6) Carry on.
The Following User Says Thank You to Whisk_33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Restola
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 515
Updated OP and thread of title, hopefully some people will avoid that. Thanks for the report.
The Following User Says Thank You to Restola For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chillyk45
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillyk45 View Post
Do not flash m3. It will soft brick your s3!!! I need help to get into recovery.
I eventually got into recovery. Just keep trying. I don't know how CM can drop the ball like this.