Difference in notes?

Search This thread

Partridge86

Jul 8, 2012
Shawnee
Does anyone know what exactly the difference in the international n7000 note and the attached note? I am asking strictly physically. I have the 5000 Hyperion battery however like a lot of other posters on here my back case it not staying on. Therefore I bought their 10$ case for the international note just because it is the only case I have found for an extended battery. On the site it warns that it is not compatible but after looking at the pictures I have no clue why it does not work. So I figured might as well try. Let me know if you have any info!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Agoattamer

Jan 25, 2010
PA
Explained many times in other threads in this section. Batteries are the same. Battery backs are different. The clips that hold the battery back on are placed in slightly different locations. Also an N7000 back will not have the NFC antenna.

There are extended backs for the I717 available.

Partridge86

Jul 8, 2012
Shawnee
Sorry guys I think I am getting my cases and covers mixed up.. I bought a case that covers the phone from Hyperion and even though it says it is not compatible with the international I think its just a rubber base so why wouldn't that fit?

Agoattamer

Jan 25, 2010
PA
I think I know what you are saying. You bought the Hyperion extended battery and battery back for the N7000. And since the tabs are different the back does not stay on properly. You can use a small file and file the tabs better to match the I717 battery back.

$(KGrHqZ,!jgFB9U1tOzYBQyJD7bGiQ~~60_35.JPG

Even still it may not stay on correctly. So yes you can buy this cover and it will fit perfectly. It will hold everything together.

$(KGrHqZHJEsE916drFiOBPfF4ppllg~~60_12.JPG

This is exactly what I did. Except I used a different extended battery since I knew the Hyperion was a fake.

Reactions: Partridge86

Partridge86

Jul 8, 2012
Shawnee
Kind of haha i got the back cover for the i717 and it would not stay on very firmly. Got them to send another one but black not white and it stays on and seems to be made of a different material too. But I was asking about the case for the international one which is in your second picture. I am just wondering why exactly it won't fit perfectly? But it should be here tomorrow so I guess I'll see then!

Agoattamer

Jan 25, 2010
PA
It will fit perfectly if you use a N7000 extended battery back as pictured above. The I717 extended battery backs are 1 hump

Samsung_I717_5600mAh_3pcs_12.png

and do not fit the case. If you have one that looks like the pic in my previous post that is why it doesn't fit your phone. It isn't made to fit the I717. There are no I717 battery backs designed like the Hyperion battery back. The only one even remotely close is the mugen battery back. Got it?

Partridge86

Jul 8, 2012
Shawnee
Update!
I got my case in today and I am really happy with it! It fits pretty snuggly around the edges and even though my battery has the bump and not the sloping design of the n7000 it still feels like it works. I'll attach a could pictures to show.

Hmm app is only letting me post them hosted by tapatalk which I don't have so I can't upload pics right now :/

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think I know what you are saying. You bought the Hyperion extended battery and battery back for the N7000. And since the tabs are different the back does not stay on properly. You can use a small file and file the tabs better to match the I717 battery back.

$(KGrHqZ,!jgFB9U1tOzYBQyJD7bGiQ~~60_35.JPG

Even still it may not stay on correctly. So yes you can buy this cover and it will fit perfectly. It will hold everything together.

$(KGrHqZHJEsE916drFiOBPfF4ppllg~~60_12.JPG

This is exactly what I did. Except I used a different extended battery since I knew the Hyperion was a fake.