Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,198 Members 40,989 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE]-Updated 17March - Unlock/Root - Return to Stock/Unbrick - Nexus7 3G - 4.2.2

Tip us?

philos64
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2639
Location: Somewhere between sky and sea in Brittany - XDA Assist Place

DONATE TO ME
Default Op updated - 23 feb

With the newest version for root your device if you are in JB 4.2.2

XDA Assist is the place where you can get help finding your way on XDA. This is not a support forum !!!
Click and go to XDA-Assist
DONT PM ME FOR QUESTIONS RELATED TO ROM, Ask in thread, it's better for all members- THANKS

Actual Devices : HTC One M8 - HTC One M7 //Google N7 Wifi - Google N7 2013 LTE
Retired Devices :HTC Hero-HTC Desire Z-HTC Desire S-HTC One X- N7 3G - Asus TF300T

mojolive
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Default what is the difference between Nakasig- Tilapia

whats the difference between "Nakasig"or "Tilapia” ?

How do I know which Nexus 7 I have? "Nakasig"or "Tilapia” ?

philos64
Old
Thanks Meter 2639

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojolive View Post
whats the difference between "Nakasig"or "Tilapia” ?
How do I know which Nexus 7 I have? "Nakasig"or "Tilapia” ?
Have you read Frequently Asked Questions - ASUS GOOGLE NEXUS 7 – GROUPER & TILAPIA (WiFi & 3G)
You will find your response

XDA Assist is the place where you can get help finding your way on XDA. This is not a support forum !!!
DONT PM ME FOR QUESTIONS RELATED TO ROM, Ask in thread, it's better for all members- THANKS

Retired Devices :HTC Hero-HTC Desire Z-HTC Desire S-HTC One X- N7 3G - Asus TF300T

kimush
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Hi i am new here , sorry but cant seem to find anywhere how to flash the binaries N7 3g 4.2.2 , they are tgz files not zip or img files , so how do we flash tgz files ,could someone tell please ?

philos64
Old
Thanks Meter 2639

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimush View Post
Hi i am new here , sorry but cant seem to find anywhere how to flash the binaries N7 3g 4.2.2 , they are tgz files not zip or img files , so how do we flash tgz files ,could someone tell please ?
Go to the index for the N7 3G and search a little, you will find the zip version
and go to the second post, you will find the instructions for install

If you search and read a little bit, it will be better for all

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to philos64 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

philos64
Old
Thanks Meter 2639

DONATE TO ME
Default OP UPDATED - 17 March 2013

I updated my OP
Now you you have the possibility to returning to Stock

The Following User Says Thank You to philos64 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lolprtom
Old
(Last edited by lolprtom; 21st March 2013 at 03:20 PM.) Reason: forgot something
Thanks Meter 0
Default fastboot wont flash anything

everytime i try to fastboot flash anything i get an error.

error: cannot load

this goes for any radio, bootloader or recovery .img

i have no rom installed, i tried updating to 4.2.2 when it came out and something got screwed up. now being that ive had to fastboot erase everything, i have no rom or recovery installed.

i use a toolkit that can boot me into cwm if i need to but its no help that i cant flash a stock rom from there.

the toolkit can also install the stock image itself, only i get an error that my baseband is 1231_0.10.0_1021 when it needs to be 1231_0.17.0_1025 for the update

i just want to return to stock so that i can root it again and install a custom rom.

anybody able to help? i havent been able to use this for over two months because no methods seem to be working for me.

thanks in advance!

philos64
Old
Thanks Meter 2639

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolprtom View Post
everytime i try to fastboot flash anything i get an error.
error: cannot load
this goes for any radio, bootloader or recovery .img
i have no rom installed, i tried updating to 4.2.2 when it came out and something got screwed up. now being that ive had to fastboot erase everything, i have no rom or recovery installed.
i use a toolkit that can boot me into cwm if i need to but its no help that i cant flash a stock rom from there.
the toolkit can also install the stock image itself, only i get an error that my baseband is 1231_0.10.0_1021 when it needs to be 1231_0.17.0_1025 for the update
i just want to return to stock so that i can root it again and install a custom rom.
anybody able to help? i havent been able to use this for over two months because no methods seem to be working for me.
I'm really surprised by your comment, because I used this process before to write this guide. And I'm not alone !!!! and I don't use toolkit, only "Fastboot by easy way" and "platform tool" now
Is your install (fastboot or platform or adb) is good ?
Why do you use a toolkit, you don't need it.
Just "platform tools" is enough for unlock, root and update your bootloader and radio.
I don't understand your post!!!!
Are you sure to be root ?
Are to to respect the order od the install of this guide?
All of your downloads are good.. check the md5 !

ronnie498
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by philos64 View Post
I'm really surprised by your comment, because I used this process before to write this guide. And I'm not alone !!!! and I don't use toolkit, only "Fastboot by easy way" and "platform tool" now
Is your install (fastboot or platform or adb) is good ?
Why do you use a toolkit, you don't need it.
Just "platform tools" is enough for unlock, root and update your bootloader and radio.
I don't understand your post!!!!
Are you sure to be root ?
Are to to respect the order od the install of this guide?
All of your downloads are good.. check the md5 !
+1

tahmidsadik112
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bootlooping and cant go to fastboot

This is my first post/reply in xda ...
I had CM 10 on my nexus 7 . I tried to flash stock rom and followed another guide on xda which told me execute these fastboot commands ....

fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase system
fastboot -w update ROM.zip

I successfully erased boot ,cache ,recovery and system but the last command failed with a error "too many links " or something like that . Then I restarted the device and it's bootlooping since then . I cant even go into fastboot anymore pressing the power buttong + volume down .

What should I do ?

Tags
flash, guide for n7 3g, install, recovery, root