Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,322 Members 50,648 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Free (for now) CDMA Flasher Software

Tip us?

Black SER
Old
(Last edited by Black SER; 30th December 2012 at 01:09 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Free (for now) CDMA Flasher Software

Taken from slickdeals.com If the mods wish to move this to the proper forum so be it. I noticed our "SPRINT" phone was supported to flash to Metro. Also if the .exe file is no longer downloadable let me know... works for other phones also....Thanks

Sprint Samsung SPH-D710 (Epic Touch SGS2) Full and Half

Free (for now) CDMA Flasher Software
This is a software program that dealers pay a monthly fee to flash CDMA phones to Page Plus, Cricket, and MetroPCS among other services. Right now they are letting people download the software for free. They have also posted a public username and password so everybody has full access to the program. As their goal is to sell a monthly subscription to the software, I would not expect this public account to last long.

Program is good in that it is free if your phone and your designated carrier is among the supported. Process is also simple in that you just input some numbers and click the PROVISION button. Not so good is that some phones do not have flashing directions at all. Maybe a similar model's directions would work??? Also although data might work with a Full Flash, it may not be 3g.

Looks like the typical way a phone is flashed is by first putting it in USB debugging mode and then dialing ##3424#. You also need to enter your phone number, MID, and SID (for you locale).

Software:
http://www.cdmaflasher.com/Downloads/index.php

1. Install CDMA Flasher
2. Install driver if needed
3. Install .Net Framework if not already on your computer

Public Account from their homepage cdmaflasher.com
Username: CDMAFLASHER
Password: test

If somebody knows of specific instructions to a particular phone with no directions within the software program, feel free to post it here.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Black SER For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

exemp30
Old
Thanks Meter 17
so have you used this for yourself?

Black SER
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
No i havent since i'm locked in for another year. I just may have to thou next year.

Dudebowski
Old
Thanks Meter 124
I took a peek at it, looks like a quick way to flash your phone over to one of the MVNO networks from the main networks, e.g. From Sprint to Cricket or USCell to MetroPCS (but not vice-versa)

Looks like the application is a mostly cloud-based backend, where you log-in to use the application, and then it will pull ODIN libs and device images from their servers temporarily to your PC for flashing a device over to the desired networks. the interface has dynamic menus to make it easy to figure out what's available, the D710 being one of them.

asks for destination carrier, then current carrier, device manufacturer, device model, and whether you want a full or half-flash ( what's a half flash? like i could install a cricket config next to my sprint config?)

Might be cool if I was thinking about doing that right now, but I doubt I'd really decide to make that change while this thing is still free to use. If half-flash would leave me with a simplified option to chose to use cricket at any time later if i wanted to, might be of interest...)
The Following User Says Thank You to Dudebowski For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

moparfreak426
Old
R.I.P.
Thanks Meter 1197

DONATE TO ME
Oh wow. O. If still up when data renews jan 6th will doanload

Sent from an Apple killing JellyBean
Devices: Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
ASUS Transformer Infinity
Retired Devices:
Sprint LG G2
Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII
Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch (I MISS THIS DEVICE!!!)
U.S. Cellular Motorola Electrify
U.S. Cellular HTC Touch Pro 2

Carrier: Verizon
ROM: S4 = CM11 nightlies
Transformer = switching between CM11 and AOKP

buzman78
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Flasher Software

Thanks for the thread.

I have been trying to flash a generic Samsung SCH-i500 to ntelos for about a month and was able to get phone and text to work but no data.

I had tried everything with no luck until this.

Worked great and saved me from paying ntelos fees especially when they said they would not guarantee 3g

Thanks again

egzthunder1
Old
Member Advocate Admin - Spirit of XDA
Thanks Meter 4692
Location: At The Good End Of My Hammer, Likes: My Family & XDA, Dislikes: Incompetence
Call me skeptical and old fashioned, but... I personally can't fathom how someone can charge a monthly subscription for something like this.

From what I have read, the half flash involves giving the phone in question talk and text capabilities (read: this thing ONLY slaps in the MDN and MIN, maybe even going as far as pushing the PRL for the carrier). Full flash, unless I missed something, will likely include the half flash plus adding proxy and port settings for MMS and internet. The fact that they "cannot guarantee that 3G will work" is a dead give away of this and that the service is a scam, and here is why:

* Provisioning your device (which is all this thing does) is only a tiny piece of the whole flashing process, and a simple one to do for that matter. You don't need a PC for this (any phone can be provisioned from itself if you know the MSL number which you can either find out through terminal emulator, MSL reader apps, or even by calling your current carrier), let alone a software package with a monthly fee. The biggest hurdle is to get the device added to the carrier's db of approved phones. This is done by adding the device's MEID and pESN onto their db via things like Houdini (this is for MetroPCS, not sure about what others use as more often than not, they will not allow you to BYOP anyways);

* They cannot guarantee the 3G for a very simple reason... this does not modify/touch (likely depending on the device, of course) the HA and AAA keys needed for the 3G to be validated by the carrier's system. Much like MEID and pESN, these keys are device specific, which means that if they are not accepted by the system, you will never get a 3G connection, period.

The only 2 ways to avoid having to pay the fees for BYOP are to:

1. Have someone you know working for a corporate store add the device to their network for free;

2. Go the "illegal" route, which I am not about to describe/discuss here.

Stay away from this program, and please.... whatever you do... DO NOT pay them a monthly fee. The program will add the numbers as it describes, but please... everything this program does can be done manually through the phone itself. But most importantly, you will still need to get the device added to your carrier by paying them.

"As I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I fear no evil for I am the God of Death... and this is my valley"

I have ORD

Want to see my devices? Click Below

HTC Blue Angel
ROM: WM 6.5.3 Build 23698 by d-two
Radio: 1.15

HTC Vogue (Verizon Touch)
ROM: Froyo Android (NAND) by incubus26j
Radio: 3.42.50

HTC EVO 3D
ROM: YAS4 v9 by howpathetic (ICS 4.0.4)
PRI: 1.43_003
Radio: 1.09.00.0706
HBOOT: Eng HBOOT (S-OFF)

Sony Xperia T LT30p
ROM: Stock, 91.A.0.148 (Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
Bootloader: Locked

Sony Xperia Z Ultra - GPE
ROM: Stock, Unrooted (KitKat 4.4.2)
Bootloader: Locked

Huawei Premia 4G
ROM: Stock, Rooted (ICS 4.0.4)

HTC One (M8)
ROM: Stock, unrooted (1.57.531.7)
Radio: 1.16.21331931
HBOOT: Locked (S-ON)

Learn how to flash: CDMA Rapahel, Vogue
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to egzthunder1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

buzman78
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Worked For Me

My only response is the program worked for me in getting the i500 to have data and 3g. Granted I did not need it for voice or text however Ntelos told me they could not guarantee the phone would have data and I did not want to spend the bucks for them to try and fail and it still come out of my wallet.

I will say their apk for getting MMS to work did not work on my phone, but I can live with that.

For a free trial it worked for me. Most of the time all that is needed to flash a phone is the proper software.

jaguar4002
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by egzthunder1 View Post
Call me skeptical and old fashioned, but... I personally can't fathom how someone can charge a monthly subscription for something like this.

From what I have read, the half flash involves giving the phone in question talk and text capabilities (read: this thing ONLY slaps in the MDN and MIN, maybe even going as far as pushing the PRL for the carrier). Full flash, unless I missed something, will likely include the half flash plus adding proxy and port settings for MMS and internet. The fact that they "cannot guarantee that 3G will work" is a dead give away of this and that the service is a scam, and here is why:

* Provisioning your device (which is all this thing does) is only a tiny piece of the whole flashing process, and a simple one to do for that matter. You don't need a PC for this (any phone can be provisioned from itself if you know the MSL number which you can either find out through terminal emulator, MSL reader apps, or even by calling your current carrier), let alone a software package with a monthly fee. The biggest hurdle is to get the device added to the carrier's db of approved phones. This is done by adding the device's MEID and pESN onto their db via things like Houdini (this is for MetroPCS, not sure about what others use as more often than not, they will not allow you to BYOP anyways);

* They cannot guarantee the 3G for a very simple reason... this does not modify/touch (likely depending on the device, of course) the HA and AAA keys needed for the 3G to be validated by the carrier's system. Much like MEID and pESN, these keys are device specific, which means that if they are not accepted by the system, you will never get a 3G connection, period.

The only 2 ways to avoid having to pay the fees for BYOP are to:

1. Have someone you know working for a corporate store add the device to their network for free;

2. Go the "illegal" route, which I am not about to describe/discuss here.

Stay away from this program, and please.... whatever you do... DO NOT pay them a monthly fee. The program will add the numbers as it describes, but please... everything this program does can be done manually through the phone itself. But most importantly, you will still need to get the device added to your carrier by paying them.
Actually the half flash is free for everyone. You are only charged for full flashes. The monthly subscription gives you unlimited full flashes and includes the iPhone, and there is no required subscription or contract.

phoneman0209
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default has anyone used this yet?

Has anyone used this yet?