Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,915 Members 37,397 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

**Headphone jack audio out (jellybean) solution here** (app)

Tip us?

TorxT3D
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Thumbs up **Headphone jack audio out (jellybean) solution here** (app)

for those of us that use our phones in the car as mp3 players, or connect our phone to an aux input to our cars or other piece of equipment were surprised to see that the new JB update killed that for us.

ive mentioned it in the bugs thread and asked a dev to see if he can remedy it.

until it gets fixed by a dev or google/htc/sprint i found a free app that will fix it for us.
and it does work.

google play search "soundabout"
make sure you check off wired headset detection, and select "wired headphones" in the [media audio...] selection box.

voila, you got sound to your aux adapter or for your car now.
the only issue i see is the builtin music player doesnt let you choose EQ and the beats options is still greyed out.
so you might want to experiment with other 3rd party music players with an eq if you want better audio.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TorxT3D For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LiquidSolstice
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4,427
:/ I've used viperboy's rooted stock JB and played audio out to my car just fine...
OnePlus One | CM11S | Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCguy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkiieh View Post
No the screen is facing up, towards god
The sensor isn't capable of sensing the proximity to god, only to other earthly objects.

TorxT3D
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
right now, im on the stock jb ota rom. and wasnt getting audio out until i installed and configured this app.
had audio just fine on ICS

posting this just in case someone else is having issues.
i wonder what viperboy did or configured in his rom to get it to work.

Shunned
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm on stock jb ota not rooted and audio works fine for me via headphone jack to aux port. My only problem is, when I'm plugged in my car and then turn my Bluetooth headset on, it switches my music to my ear piece. Not that big of a deal, I just unplug and replug my phone back in and it switches back.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

iammrwizard
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I am on Meanrom JB currently 1.6 and have been playing audio in my car using the headphone jack since it released with no problems.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

LiquidSolstice
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4,427
OP, I think you're having a ROM issue, not a hardware issue. Your phone can't discriminate between an aux plug and a headphone plug. Both must work.

Quote:

Quote:
The sensor isn't capable of sensing the proximity to god, only to other earthly objects.
The Following User Says Thank You to LiquidSolstice For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gov.Robbed
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Hey OP thanks for trying to help others...

LiquidSolstice
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov.Robbed View Post
Hey OP thanks for trying to help others...
I'm going to hope you're not directing that indirect criticism at me; I don't have an issue with the OP trying to help anyone, I'm just pointing out that I don't have that issue, I have seen no one complain about that issue, and on a software level, it is impossible for a phone to discriminate between a headphone plug and an auxiliary plug, which means if his headphones work, his aux jack must work.

Quote:

Quote:

Gov.Robbed
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSolstice View Post
I'm going to hope you're not directing that indirect criticism at me; I don't have an issue with the OP trying to help anyone, I'm just pointing out that I don't have that issue, I have seen no one complain about that issue, and on a software level, it is impossible for a phone to discriminate between a headphone plug and an auxiliary plug, which means if his headphones work, his aux jack must work.
Hmmm,Sir I don't care what you think... I was thanking him for trying to help.I wish you a Happy New Year!

TurboX2
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I have this issue with my stereo system and this thread helped me
Evolution: HTC 8525 (Hermes) > HTC Tilt (Kaiser) > HTC Fuze (Touch Pro) > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO Design 4G > HTC EVO 4G LTE > HTC One (M7)

The Following User Says Thank You to TurboX2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]