Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,971 Members 43,646 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Galaxy note 2 crashed and won't turn on

Tip us?

engmarwan10
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Question [Q] Samsung Galaxy note 2 crashed and won't turn on

Yesterday, it just turned off while it was in idle mode. The red LED on to the right of 'Samsung' label flashes everytime I press the power button but doesn't turn on. I tried removing the battery, SIM and memory card however, again nothing happening.
also nothing happened when I plugged the charger nor USB cable.
can't also boot on recovery mode nor download mode.
I also tried JIG USB but nothing happened.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to engmarwan10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

UtkarshGupta
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3544
Give it to a service center

Sent From Samsung's Galaxy Note II Using Internet
The Following User Says Thank You to UtkarshGupta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

_delice_doluca_
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Hi,

Is there any update about what happened to your phone? Hope this is not the beginning of the "Sudden Death Syndrome of Note 2"...

CristiM74
Old
(Last edited by CristiM74; 2nd January 2013 at 08:57 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
A similar thing happened to my phone yesterday. It just restarted for no reason when the battery was charged at about 45%. When atempting to restart it got stuck at the screen "Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100". I removed the battery several times, left it charging overnight, but it didn't help. Still gets stuck there. Further more it would not enter recovery mode, but it does enter download mode. What to do? It's under warranty, but I suppose the service center will only open tomorrow.

engmarwan10
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
nothing changed till now with my phone and I still searching for a solution as I dont have warranty.
The Following User Says Thank You to engmarwan10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

UtkarshGupta
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3544
If it gets into recovery then flash stock rom via odin

Sent From Samsung's Galaxy Note II Using Internet

devaloka
Old
Thanks Meter 3
long shot but you could try checking for dust or crap inside the usb/charge connection. maybe try cleaning it out anyway

law910
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same problem!! have you found a solution yet?

bushako
Old
Thanks Meter 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by engmarwan10 View Post
Yesterday, it just turned off while it was in idle mode. The red LED on to the right of 'Samsung' label flashes everytime I press the power button but doesn't turn on. I tried removing the battery, SIM and memory card however, again nothing happening.
also nothing happened when I plugged the charger nor USB cable.
can't also boot on recovery mode nor download mode.
I also tried JIG USB but nothing happened.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Sounds like sudden death syndrome. I doubt there's much you can do but hand it to a service repair center. I think since the note 2 is under a year old you should still have a warranty by default from Samsung service center. Just register your device on their website. That's worth a short. I have it worse since I'm located offshore and if it happens to my note 2 Ill be completely out of luck for the next few months.

Sent from the Rabbit Hole
Nexus 5 32GB, Mahdi Rom 2.5, Franco Kernel and FKU.
The Following User Says Thank You to bushako For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FunkMonker
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Galaxy Note 2 won't turn on.

My Note 2 was running perfectly fine ever since I got it. I was playing NFS Most Wanted and then my Note 2 said that the game had crashed. So, I tapped "Ok" on the little pop-up window, and then my Note 2 went back to the home screen. I later took it to my room to charge it because it was just about dead. I had it charging all night and then when I woke up in the morning I found it sitting on my window sill doing nothing. I tried to turn it on thinking that I had turned it off before I went to bed the night before. I then pressed the power button and saw a little red light flash in the upper right hand corner near the proximity and light sensor but nothing happened. The phone won't do anything now except for the little light thing. Plugging it in hasn't done much for me. I though that it was my phone's root access that was causing it to freak out. So I looked up a solution online. I found nothing. I can't get it fixed on warranty because it has root access. Any suggestions on where I could get it fixed or any things I could do at home? Please help. I have been stuck using an old flip phone for 2 or 3 weeks now!

The Following User Says Thank You to FunkMonker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]