Thread Closed

[ROM][7/8] CleanROM 3.5V -★| Clean! | Fast! | Stable! | No Gimmicks! |★-

OP scrosler

30th December 2012, 03:28 PM   |  #11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 73
 
471 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjva

I have a almost black but transparent screen right in the middle of the screen it has information about my phone it also very quickly flash a screen at startup that says "Factory Mode is on"- I have also noticed that if I touch the sleep buttton (on the right) for only 2 seconds the phone turns off - no prompt for anything. Just asking if you know how to help

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

How do I take a screen shot to show for help?

Use Root Explorer(or similar app) open the file “factorymode” in /efs/FactoryApp directory, it probably says OFF. Change it to ON then reboot your phone.

Also, you can use adb shell to do this too:

adb shell
su
echo -n ON > /efs/FactoryApp/factorymode
The Following User Says Thank You to mzimand For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th December 2012, 03:58 PM   |  #12  
StirCwazy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
263 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
Working great!!!! Google+, GPS, everything! I know some people say 4.1.2 is the way to go, but I am digging the 4.1.1 with lidroid toggles. Scott, thanks mate absolutely loving it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
30th December 2012, 04:21 PM   |  #13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
mzimand ----- YOU ARE AWESOME!!!! That worked!!!
30th December 2012, 04:28 PM   |  #14  
Senior Member
Flag Bay Area California
Thanks Meter: 836
 
3,064 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Woke up and took me a minute to realize you dropped a new build. Thank you very much. 3.5 is running great for me but I might still give this a try. Even if I stick with 3.5 I really appreciate your work on this! Keep up the great work and have to say you provide great support to your users and their questions!
30th December 2012, 04:34 PM   |  #15  
droidrev71's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 145
 
766 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Red face
thanks for the verizon build.. the more choices the better..
30th December 2012, 05:41 PM   |  #16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler

IMHO its not any better, its pretty much the same. Has the same tweaking, etc... But its built on the Verizon base so it can support the Verizon apps better.

If you are not looking for the Verizon apps then stick with 3.5V. Or try this one out and be your own judge...

This is soley for those that want to remain 100% compatible with Verizon stock bases and use Verizon apps.

Its just an alternative ROM I whipped up...

Either ROMS are a great choice I might add

Scott,,
i was happy with v3.5 but wanted to give this a shot.
after following instructions, rom installed, after reboot , and after boot animation,
i get a BLACK screen.
after taking battery out and in , and reboot it happens again
once black screen happens i can reboot to recovery after taking battery in and out
any ideas ?
Manny
30th December 2012, 05:48 PM   |  #17  
rayhodge02's Avatar
Senior Member
psl fla
Thanks Meter: 410
 
641 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Will flash this thanx!!!!!
30th December 2012, 06:00 PM   |  #18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Scott,
**** After multiple factory reset and cleaning cache, this rom did boot up *****
1 i like the added toggles in Notification Panel but the setting > display >> notification setting is missing.
2. Multi windows flexibility od adding deleting apps is missing ( found that...sorry)

Guess if i need these options i need to go back to v3.5
or can you add these toggles options and apn editor to v 3.5
Thanks again
Manny
Last edited by gooji; 30th December 2012 at 06:15 PM.
30th December 2012, 06:00 PM   |  #19  
shellie03's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nashville
Thanks Meter: 42
 
173 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Donate to Me
More
I was wondering if we could get ink choices of different colors. Or is that a 4.1.2 thing only?
30th December 2012, 07:23 PM   |  #20  
scrosler's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Fargo
Thanks Meter: 52,689
 
24,013 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimand

Use Root Explorer(or similar app) open the file “factorymode” in /efs/FactoryApp directory, it probably says OFF. Change it to ON then reboot your phone.

Also, you can use adb shell to do this too:

adb shell
su
echo -n ON > /efs/FactoryApp/factorymode

What is this you are talking about? I never heard of it before???


Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisdroidx2

Woke up and took me a minute to realize you dropped a new build. Thank you very much. 3.5 is running great for me but I might still give this a try. Even if I stick with 3.5 I really appreciate your work on this! Keep up the great work and have to say you provide great support to your users and their questions!

I try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidrev71

thanks for the verizon build.. the more choices the better..

Indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhodge02

Will flash this thanx!!!!!

Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooji

Scott,
**** After multiple factory reset and cleaning cache, this rom did boot up *****
1 i like the added toggles in Notification Panel but the setting > display >> notification setting is missing.
2. Multi windows flexibility od adding deleting apps is missing ( found that...sorry)

Guess if i need these options i need to go back to v3.5
or can you add these toggles options and apn editor to v 3.5
Thanks again
Manny

Welcome to Android 4.1.1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellie03

I was wondering if we could get ink choices of different colors. Or is that a 4.1.2 thing only?

Not sure. You could look around but the choices of mods are going to be very limited on this ROM because there are about 2 or 3 developers working on it in any serious capacity... Everyone has moved on to 4.1.2... Like my mainstream ROM for example. Maybe Verizon will get us a 4.1.2 base soon?

The Following User Says Thank You to scrosler For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Verizon Galaxy Note II Android Development by ThreadRank