[ROM][P75xx][JB][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly Discussions

23rd February 2013, 12:49 PM   |  #1171  
Thanks Meter: 15

42 posts
Update on my situation:

When I connected my tab to my pc (with the correct drivers, I've always had the correct ones) nothing happend.
Switching MTP on, did't do anything, when I went to another settings panel and came back to MTP, it was switched off again.
So I did a full wipe (cache, factory, dalvik) and reinstalled nighlty 21.

And suddenly everything was ok. I could connect with my pc again, my CPU finally went back to lowest setting (it was constantly 1000 before) and youtube videos in HD play again as the same before ( an occasional stutter instead of constant 2-3 sec stutters).

What I think happend (I am a total noob, so I have no clue, haha). When I was on 13 nightly, my MTP was switched off.
Going to 15 nightly (or 16) ment going from 4.2.1 to 4.2.2 and brought these problems with it. Maybe there were some changes with MTP, because MTP is default "on"?

Anyway, everything works smoothly again and I am a happy puppy. Thanks guys !
The Following User Says Thank You to silent assassin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 02:15 PM   |  #1172  
Thanks Meter: 921

643 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent assassin

What I think happend (I am a total noob, so I have no clue, haha). When I was on 13 nightly, my MTP was switched off.
Going to 15 nightly (or 16) ment going from 4.2.1 to 4.2.2 and brought these problems with it. Maybe there were some changes with MTP, because MTP is default "on"?

That's my conclusion after reading all the posts as well:

Clean installation of 4.2.2 -> no problems
Updating from 4.2.1 with MTP switched on -> no problems
Updating from 4.2.1 with MTP switched off -> USB is going crazy
23rd February 2013, 02:36 PM   |  #1173  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Re: [ROM][P75xx][JB][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly Discussions
Here's some more about the MTP/lag issue.
I reinstalled stock ICS 4.0.4 via Odin. Did a few factory resets.
Then rooted and installed the 2/21 nightly of CM. Set USB debugging on. Checked the MTP box under storage. The MTP setting did not stick. Used the "top" command in a terminal to see that "/init" was using %50 of the processing throughout--one full processor.
I used CWM recovery to factory rest and install the 2/13 nightly of CM. Confirmed I could set MTP. Saw "/init" was using near %0 processing. Made sure I had MTP set, then did an update (no factory rest) to CM 2/21. Confirmed that MTP was still set. Confirmed that "/init" was near %0 processing.
My tab now feels much more peppy now.
I told my kids to not dare turn MTP off ("Dad, you are so weird.") so I don't know if it would stick or not.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to kafarnsworth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 02:38 PM   |  #1174  
Flag Mechelen
Thanks Meter: 30

422 posts
More
Hello, for quite a while now i always use the info and then cmupdate menu to update to the new versions of nightlys. I see here that most of you always reflash from the pc, is there a special reason for that and is the way i do it wrong? I do not see any issues with my way of doing the update
23rd February 2013, 02:46 PM   |  #1175  
Thanks Meter: 9

51 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometoluc

Hello, for quite a while now i always use the info and then cmupdate menu to update to the new versions of nightlys. I see here that most of you always reflash from the pc, is there a special reason for that and is the way i do it wrong? I do not see any issues with my way of doing the update

No problem with using the OTA update method (from settings menu). It's what I use and had presumed most other people use too.

There may be occasions when a full wipe and re-flash is advised, such as when the latest recommended gapps was added to the OP post, but if you keep half an eye out on this thread you shouldn't run into any major problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to monkeyhybrid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 04:37 PM   |  #1176  
Thanks Meter: 8

66 posts
AW: [ROM][P75xx][JB][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly Discussions
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanspampel

Try "StickMount". Maybe it works.

Thx! Now it's working.
23rd February 2013, 05:58 PM   |  #1177  
Thanks Meter: 921

643 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by kafarnsworth

Here's some more about the MTP/lag issue.
I reinstalled stock ICS 4.0.4 via Odin. Did a few factory resets.
Then rooted and installed the 2/21 nightly of CM. Set USB debugging on. Checked the MTP box under storage. The MTP setting did not stick. Used the "top" command in a terminal to see that "/init" was using %50 of the processing throughout--one full processor.
I used CWM recovery to factory rest and install the 2/13 nightly of CM. Confirmed I could set MTP. Saw "/init" was using near %0 processing. Made sure I had MTP set, then did an update (no factory rest) to CM 2/21. Confirmed that MTP was still set. Confirmed that "/init" was near %0 processing.
My tab now feels much more peppy now.
I told my kids to not dare turn MTP off ("Dad, you are so weird.") so I don't know if it would stick or not.
Hope this helps.

Thanks. This is exactly what I was going to do to reproduce the issue.
23rd February 2013, 08:08 PM   |  #1178  
Thanks Meter: 692

764 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometoluc

Me too use cm updater for nightly, occasionally i download the nightly via cm updater reboot to recovery, full wipe & flash the downloaded zip.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
24th February 2013, 10:40 AM   |  #1179  
Thanks Meter: 1

80 posts
can anybody give me a link to latest CWM for our tab. seen cannot find it. thanks in advance
24th February 2013, 11:01 AM   |  #1180  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Can't make or receive phone calls how can enable phone calls having installed latest version of cm10.1

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.2.1, cm10.1, jellybean, p4 p4wifi p4tmo p4vzw
Previous Thread Next Thread