Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 42,852 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][P75xx][JB][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly Discussions

Tip us?

guzzi333
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pershoot View Post
no, they are not (considering). enable the wallpaper quick render option for boosted homescreen UI response.

that is the best this tab (which is close to 2 years old soon) is going to get (running a current OS such as this).
Cyanogenmod 10.0 feels quite a bit faster as Cyanogenmod 10.1. Is Android 4.2 so much more resource hungry as Android 4.1?

docandy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
I am not seeing this at all. Were the apps uninstalled data apps?
They were a few games and utility apps like swift key.
I tried clearing the data for the Google apps that weren't working, wiping cache, reflashing win grey gapps, nothing worked so just restored a previous nandroid from a couple days ago. Now everything works.not sure what happened but I'll post a follow up if I find anything else out.
Thanks

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda app-developers app

rpoitras
Old
Thanks Meter 13
While I appreciate the work being done on 4.2 I went back to pershoot's latest 4.1 for now. Even after using 4.2 for a while I still despise the new UI. It just doesn't make sense for a 10" tablet. I mostly use my thumbs and even with large hands I couldn't reach the newly centered back/home/recent buttons. Also the new, smaller status bar up top is useless. I couldn't read the battery percentage (circle+text) without pressing my nose against the tablet, it takes up more screen real estate, and its redundant since there is still the bottom bar. I won't even go into detail about how I dislike the now two separate pull-downs... ugh. I also missed the notification popup/preview that 4.1 has and generally how with the status bar at the bottom is both accessible and contains everything I need in one spot. With 4.2 I realized I was always switching to hold with one hand only just so that I could hit a button... very frustrating. Maybe for a phone it works, I wouldn't know, but for a large tablet I think its terrible.

Also, after going back to 4.1 I realized how much snappier it is compared to 4.2. I used it for hours before realizing that I hadn't overclocked it like I usually do.

So this is not to bash the development efforts done by pershoot and the CM team at all. On the contrary it is because of them that I can simply switch back to an earlier version of this awesome ROM and enjoy what I personally prefer, so a big thanks to all the development for that! I love CM10/4.1.2 but in my opinion I think Google screwed up the UX on 4.2.

saintsinner25
Old
Thanks Meter 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
Well, it seemed before that you made an nandroid backup, not sure what your referring to ODIN tar file. The nandroid is located in the location I referred to. But essentially you need to pull whatever the file is and then flash to ICS then the recovery and restore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks man got it.appreciate the help

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

"The Iron Never Lies." - Henry Rollins

Nexus 4 White/Black Kickstand Case - Purity+Franco Kernel
Nexus 7 FHD Black/Cruzerlite Bugdroid Black - Purity+Franco Kernel

My Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/6barreldeathmachine
My Google+ - https://plus.google.com/118419821808692882712/posts

Feel free to add me!

dsafety
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyhybrid View Post
I think what he means is that previous to 4.2, a very short summary of an email notification would actually be displayed upon the status bar itself for a couple of seconds or so, next to the clock time. So if you heard the notification sound, you could flick your eyes to the status bar and without having to touch the screen you could see what the email was about and choose to ignore / read it. With 4.2 this is no longer so and you need to actually pull down the notifications slider to see a summary of the email. It was a very handy little feature and a shame it has gone.
After bitching about this feature being gone, today it is back. I can't explain why. The location has moved to the upper left corner. Maybe the Jelly bean gods heard my complaint and took pity on me.

Seriously though, this is a very useful feature, at least to me. It would be nice if the length of time that the summary stays on the screen could be adjusted. It only flashes for a second or so right now. Two or three seconds would be much better.

pershoot
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3804
Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzi333 View Post
Is Android 4.2 so much more resource hungry as Android 4.1?
yes, support was removed for tegra 2.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pershoot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hyprspec
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the redirect guys, I def didn't read the first go round as closely as i should have.

Question, do we get .gif support so they will pay in gallery ?

albert emmer
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Anyone got prob with voice search from latest build? I hv the issue since upgrade from build 20130101 to 20130102..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
HTC Sapphire [Rom: Sebastian FM 3.0][Android: 2.3.3]
Samsung Galaxy Note II [Rom: Stock Touchwiz XALJ3][Android: 4.1.1]
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 [Rom: CM10.1 Nightly Build 20130102][Android: 4.2.1]
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 [Rom: Stock Touchwiz DDLG1][Android: 4.0.4]

Equalixer
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equalixer View Post
Thanks, i'll try later when i get home.
ill report back with results
Did a dirty flash over [ROM][4.2.1][p-series][12/29/12] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Unofficial) and cleared cache and dalvik.
I haven't seen any problems.

I updated to 02-01 nightly shortly after, and still no issues.

I really appreciate the work you guys put in these roms! Thanks alot!
Android <3

slipar
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipar View Post
quick setting fc after i change tile layout & add few more button..
tap on back button then setting goes fc..the layout not saved as i wanted..

calendar fc issue is i change to month view..
let say i tap on 6th jan 2013 to put some reminder then calendar fc..
clear data but fc still happen..
update to latest version but still having same issue..
calendar if i uninstalled update no fc..

Tags
4.2.1, cm10.1, jellybean, p4 p4wifi p4tmo p4vzw