Complete Ultra cases for Note II - color wish list :)

31st December 2012, 06:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

272 posts
Ever since I heard good news that Note II will get Complete Ultra cases (from DBA cases) I have been hoping there would be a pink-black or pink silver combination. Silvers would do good too. The pinks could be more like fuchsia. So @Scott, I hope you see this. Everyone, post your desired colors for the Ultra cases. Happy wishing!
2nd January 2013, 07:31 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

272 posts
Here are the color combinations for the S3: http://www.dbacases.com/ultra-combinations.aspx

Would be pretty cool if we could get as many for Note II, come on folks, sign this petition .
2nd January 2013, 08:49 AM   |  #3  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 202

682 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xperiaforme

Here are the color combinations for the S3: http://www.dbacases.com/ultra-combinations.aspx

Would be pretty cool if we could get as many for Note II, come on folks, sign this petition .

We've had a hot pink in the S3 and the iPhone 5 which is coming up.

For the Note II there will be a Hot Pink TPU.

For the PC part of course we have to have white, black, titanium, and perhaps the same blue slate as the S3 which has been the most popular color.

There will be 5 to 6 PC colors and 6-7 TPU colors.

The curveball is that instead of blue they made one black.

I need to find a combo that goes well with the titanium and the white. The titanium will be harder since it's metallic.

I think a Titanium PC with a Black TPU would look the best.
Last edited by SSHGuru; 2nd January 2013 at 08:52 AM.
2nd January 2013, 09:03 PM   |  #4  

682 posts
Seriously?

Ugly and useless.
2nd January 2013, 10:20 PM   |  #5  
Flag Yorkshire
Thanks Meter: 27

157 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSHGuru

Seriously?

Ugly and useless.

I actually think it looks quite cool. The only bit of my note II which is scratched is the rim and a bumper would protect that pretty well without having to cover the entire back of the phone, and look good at the same time.

Ads and thread hijacking aren't cool though :/

Edit: oh my goodness that's expensive. No way I'd ever pay that much. Gonna report this guy because every post he makes seems to be advertising his overpriced bumpers.

Sent from my GT-N7105
Last edited by PeatCoal; 2nd January 2013 at 10:23 PM.
2nd January 2013, 10:46 PM   |  #6  

682 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeatCoal

I actually think it looks quite cool. The only bit of my note II which is scratched is the rim and a bumper would protect that pretty well without having to cover the entire back of the phone, and look good at the same time.

Ads and thread hijacking aren't cool though :/

Edit: oh my goodness that's expensive. No way I'd ever pay that much. Gonna report this guy because every post he makes seems to be advertising his overpriced bumpers.

Sent from my GT-N7105

I just hate anything shiny on my phone. Especially the gold.

Since it's only a bumper and metal I don't see the point. It's going to be slippery.

I considered making bumpers when I started my company but the demand just wasn't there and the cost was too much. But mine would have been for grip.
2nd January 2013, 11:52 PM   |  #7  
Flag Yorkshire

157 posts
More
Quote:

I just hate anything shiny on my phone. Especially the gold.

Since it's only a bumper and metal I don't see the point. It's going to be slippery.

I considered making bumpers when I started my company but the demand just wasn't there and the cost was too much. But mine would have been for grip.

Hmm. I guess if it was slippery, that'd be a deal breaker. Metal doesn't have to be slippery though. All depends on the finish.

And I agree that the shiny gold is bad, but there's an all black version that looks pretty cool. And an addition to protecting the sides from scratches (which I think it would do very well), I think it'd probably provide a decent amount of drop protection compared to having no case, at least reducing the chances of the screen shattering from the phone landing on a corner.

But like I said, it's way too expensive as it is. And I know there's cheap ones on eBay, but they're much uglier than this version.
2nd January 2013, 11:57 PM   |  #8  

682 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeatCoal

Hmm. I guess if it was slippery, that'd be a deal breaker. Metal doesn't have to be slippery though. All depends on the finish.

And I agree that the shiny gold is bad, but there's an all black version that looks pretty cool. And an addition to protecting the sides from scratches (which I think it would do very well), I think it'd probably provide a decent amount of drop protection compared to having no case, at least reducing the chances of the screen shattering from the phone landing on a corner.

But like I said, it's way too expensive as it is. And I know there's cheap ones on eBay, but they're much uglier than this version.

Actually I think it wouldn't provide any drop protection. In fact it may make it worse. It's metal which makes the phone heavier. To have any drop protection you need a material that will flex on impact or cushion.

This does neither.

But everyone has different tastes. That's why there is such a great variety of cases.

If I had to have metal I'd want brushed titanium.
3rd January 2013, 12:08 AM   |  #9  
Flag Yorkshire

157 posts
More
Quote:

Actually I think it wouldn't provide any drop protection. In fact it may make it worse. It's metal which makes the phone heavier. To have any drop protection you need a material that will flex on impact or cushion.

This does neither.

But everyone has different tastes. That's why there is such a great variety of cases.

If I had to have metal I'd want brushed titanium.

Maybe that's a valid point. However, bumpers do tend to have a little bit of cushioning on the inside.

What I was suggesting was that the impact would have further to travel before reaching the screen and so would dissipate slightly, especially as the bumper is much thicker than a regular case. Not all the energy would reach the phone's screen like it would if dropped naked.

Also, metals aren't as hard as you make out. Theyre malleable, not brittle like hard plastic. They have the ability to bend and dent, and surely if dropped they would do this, again lessening the impact on the phone? Maybe a soft TPU or silicone case of the same thickness would be better in terms of drop protection, but wouldn't that look ridiculous?

Sent from my GT-N7105
3rd January 2013, 07:51 AM   |  #10  
Flag norcal
Thanks Meter: 696

2,213 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

We've had a hot pink in the S3 and the iPhone 5 which is coming up.

For the Note II there will be a Hot Pink TPU.

For the PC part of course we have to have white, black, titanium, and perhaps the same blue slate as the S3 which has been the most popular color.

There will be 5 to 6 PC colors and 6-7 TPU colors.

The curveball is that instead of blue they made one black.

I need to find a combo that goes well with the titanium and the white. The titanium will be harder since it's metallic.

I think a Titanium PC with a Black TPU would look the best.

Sounds like enough color combos to make many happy. I'd like to try your ultra case; when could we expect them to be available for purchase?

Sent from my SPH-L900

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread