Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM][JB 4.3] i747z UCUEMJ2 (Modified) Stock TouchWiz No-Knox ROM(Odexed)NEW 11/23/13

OP agriff

18th February 2013, 08:46 PM   |  #301  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 287
 
430 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwiz123

This didn't work >_> I would tell me its group messaging and then when I send it it would name the thread anonymous and when I open the the thread.. BOOM!!!!!!!! nothing is in it .

uncheck the Group Conversions box in Mms Settings
19th February 2013, 09:23 AM   |  #302  
Senior Member
Flag springfield va
Thanks Meter: 243
 
646 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Re: [ROM][JB 4.1.1] i747z VLDLK4 (Modified) Stock TouchWiz ROM (Odexed) NEW 2/05/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by agriff

uncheck the Group Conversions box in Mms Settings

I don't see the option group conversion under mms

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium
19th February 2013, 03:21 PM   |  #303  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 287
 
430 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun303

I don't see the option group conversion under mms

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

did u flash the zip from post# 273?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=273
20th February 2013, 07:19 AM   |  #304  
Senior Member
Flag springfield va
Thanks Meter: 243
 
646 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Re: [ROM][JB 4.1.1] i747z VLDLK4 (Modified) Stock TouchWiz ROM (Odexed) NEW 2/05/13
I couldn't not be much happier with this rom. Everything is just perfect. Looking forward to any future updates.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium
24th February 2013, 06:10 AM   |  #305  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
super good performance and battery life
Very happy with this rom, I had tried some of the best 4.2.2 roms and all the claims of battery life are been crossed by this rom and the performance is also super good. Apart from Screen, considerably android system is using much battery is there any other hacks or file renames which can improve the battery life.

Venu
25th February 2013, 08:34 PM   |  #306  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 287
 
430 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mail_venu

Very happy with this rom, I had tried some of the best 4.2.2 roms and all the claims of battery life are been crossed by this rom and the performance is also super good. Apart from Screen, considerably android system is using much battery is there any other hacks or file renames which can improve the battery life.

Venu

Thanks. Glad you're enjoying it.
I've been trying to look into the high Android System use you mentioned. This is a fairly new phenomenon on this ROM. I'm doing some testing to check into it, but being something new, I would venture to guess it's either the SCloudBackup.apk or the modified SecMms.apk/odex in /system/app.
If you want to experiment and don't need the Samsung Backup, uninstall the SCloud and/or replace SecMms.apk from an earlier version.
26th February 2013, 05:00 PM   |  #307  
troycarpenter's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 99
 
435 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by agriff

Thanks. Glad you're enjoying it.
I've been trying to look into the high Android System use you mentioned. This is a fairly new phenomenon on this ROM. I'm doing some testing to check into it, but being something new, I would venture to guess it's either the SCloudBackup.apk or the modified SecMms.apk/odex in /system/app.
If you want to experiment and don't need the Samsung Backup, uninstall the SCloud and/or replace SecMms.apk from an earlier version.

Thanks and do keep looking at these issues. I just tried another TW based ROM that was touting all types of battery life, but I barely got 4 hours with it. This morning with your ROM I've been on battery for 2 hours and am only down 5%. Your ROM is the first one I've had on ANY smartphone (Samsung or otherwise) that lets me work all day (16+ hours) with moderate to heavy use. I may even go so far as to turn Google Now back on to see how location services impacts the battery life.

The one thing that lured me to the other ROM was the multi-window feature. It's a great feature, but battery life and some issue with the cell towers very quickly drove me back.
26th February 2013, 06:36 PM   |  #308  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by agriff

Thanks. Glad you're enjoying it.
I've been trying to look into the high Android System use you mentioned. This is a fairly new phenomenon on this ROM. I'm doing some testing to check into it, but being something new, I would venture to guess it's either the SCloudBackup.apk or the modified SecMms.apk/odex in /system/app.
If you want to experiment and don't need the Samsung Backup, uninstall the SCloud and/or replace SecMms.apk from an earlier version.


I had uninstalled samsung backup service and testing now, let you all know the results. Though I dont see there will be any huge change in battery, as already this ROM is good. It strike me a little strange that on a S3 "android system" service power usage was very close to Display.
26th February 2013, 10:31 PM   |  #309  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
84 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
agriff any updates will post on ? thanks!
27th February 2013, 04:41 AM   |  #310  
Senior Member
Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 54
 
160 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
More
I'm on Telus and after flashed this ROM I lost data connection. Checked APN and cleared cache, still no data.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
at&t, jelly bean 4.1.1, odexed, vldlk4
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes