Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,714 Members 41,380 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][JB 4.3] i747z UCUEMJ2 (Modified) Stock TouchWiz No-Knox ROM(Odexed)NEW 11/23/13

Tip us?

agriff
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwiz123 View Post
This didn't work >_> I would tell me its group messaging and then when I send it it would name the thread anonymous and when I open the the thread.. BOOM!!!!!!!! nothing is in it .
uncheck the Group Conversions box in Mms Settings

topgun303
Old
Thanks Meter 228
Default Re: [ROM][JB 4.1.1] i747z VLDLK4 (Modified) Stock TouchWiz ROM (Odexed) NEW 2/05/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by agriff View Post
uncheck the Group Conversions box in Mms Settings
I don't see the option group conversion under mms

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

agriff
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun303 View Post
I don't see the option group conversion under mms

did u flash the zip from post# 273?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=273

topgun303
Old
Thanks Meter 228
Default Re: [ROM][JB 4.1.1] i747z VLDLK4 (Modified) Stock TouchWiz ROM (Odexed) NEW 2/05/13

I couldn't not be much happier with this rom. Everything is just perfect. Looking forward to any future updates.

mail_venu
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default super good performance and battery life

Very happy with this rom, I had tried some of the best 4.2.2 roms and all the claims of battery life are been crossed by this rom and the performance is also super good. Apart from Screen, considerably android system is using much battery is there any other hacks or file renames which can improve the battery life.

Venu

agriff
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by mail_venu View Post
Very happy with this rom, I had tried some of the best 4.2.2 roms and all the claims of battery life are been crossed by this rom and the performance is also super good. Apart from Screen, considerably android system is using much battery is there any other hacks or file renames which can improve the battery life.

Venu
Thanks. Glad you're enjoying it.
I've been trying to look into the high Android System use you mentioned. This is a fairly new phenomenon on this ROM. I'm doing some testing to check into it, but being something new, I would venture to guess it's either the SCloudBackup.apk or the modified SecMms.apk/odex in /system/app.
If you want to experiment and don't need the Samsung Backup, uninstall the SCloud and/or replace SecMms.apk from an earlier version.

troycarpenter
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
I've been trying to look into the high Android System use you mentioned. This is a fairly new phenomenon on this ROM. I'm doing some testing to check into it, but being something new, I would venture to guess it's either the SCloudBackup.apk or the modified SecMms.apk/odex in /system/app.
If you want to experiment and don't need the Samsung Backup, uninstall the SCloud and/or replace SecMms.apk from an earlier version.
Thanks and do keep looking at these issues. I just tried another TW based ROM that was touting all types of battery life, but I barely got 4 hours with it. This morning with your ROM I've been on battery for 2 hours and am only down 5%. Your ROM is the first one I've had on ANY smartphone (Samsung or otherwise) that lets me work all day (16+ hours) with moderate to heavy use. I may even go so far as to turn Google Now back on to see how location services impacts the battery life.

The one thing that lured me to the other ROM was the multi-window feature. It's a great feature, but battery life and some issue with the cell towers very quickly drove me back.
Samsung Galaxy S III (AT&T): SlimKAT 4.4.4 ROM
Samsung Galaxy S III (T-Mo): LikeWise S5 LT NE4/ND8 4.4.2 ROM
Samsung Galaxy S II (T-Mo): Paranoid Android 4.4.4
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition): Stock 4.4.2 ROM
Samsung Galxay Tab 10.1 (7510): Infamous AOKP (MIA after a move)
Samsung Galaxy S 4G: UltraGen ROM
Motorola Atrix 4G: NoattachTrix4G ROM, Webtop 2.3.6, faux123 kernel, Multimedia dock (x2), Standard Dock (x2), Car dock (dead touch matrix)

mail_venu
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:

I had uninstalled samsung backup service and testing now, let you all know the results. Though I dont see there will be any huge change in battery, as already this ROM is good. It strike me a little strange that on a S3 "android system" service power usage was very close to Display.

satizen
Old
Thanks Meter 8
agriff any updates will post on ? thanks!

LeeC
Old
Thanks Meter 41
I'm on Telus and after flashed this ROM I lost data connection. Checked APN and cleared cache, still no data.

Tags
at&t, jelly bean 4.1.1, odexed, vldlk4