5,593,587 Members 38,873 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Root][Working 10.3.1]Kindle Fire 2 Root made easy

Tip us?

Boyzdad
Old
(Last edited by Boyzdad; 3rd January 2013 at 06:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
OK, all sorted

I ran -Bin4ry's Root, this takes you to the 1st step (restore), on this screen I managed to click the search (mag-glass) without the KF2 resetting (possibly this stopped the apex launcher?). This then allowed me to search for RootExplorer (previously installed) and then I could delete the Apex.apk from system/apps..... reboot all done.

However, this does make me wonder what is going on, I can install a game from google play, all good, the icon shows up (and I can search for it) run it all good. But if I try to install a launcher (apex,adw, go ex etc) they don't show up either icon or in search Any ideas why this could be? (I checked under settings/applications/installed applications/all applications/ click on apex but the launch by default button is grayed-out)

Oh, just a quick tip with the above rooting method, if your KF2 does not re-set during rooting (when it should) I just manually re-set it and all seemed to go well Also it can take a long time for the KF2 to been "seen" by the PC after re-boot, just be patient
Regards

Matthew

Jordan011
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyzdad View Post
OK, all sorted

I ran -Bin4ry's Root, this takes you to the 1st step (restore), on this screen I managed to click the search (mag-glass) without the KF2 resetting (possibly this stopped the apex launcher?). This then allowed me to search for RootExplorer (previously installed) and then I could delete the Apex.apk from system/apps..... reboot all done.

However, this does make me wonder what is going on, I can install a game from google play, all good, the icon shows up (and I can search for it) run it all good. But if I try to install a launcher (apex,adw, go ex etc) they don't show up either icon or in search Any ideas why this could be? (I checked under settings/applications/installed applications/all applications/ click on apex but the launch by default button is grayed-out)

Oh, just a quick tip with the above rooting method, if your KF2 does not re-set during rooting (when it should) I just manually re-set it and all seemed to go well Also it can take a long time for the KF2 to been "seen" by the PC after re-boot, just be patient
I had to fish for em sometimes using AndroExplorer using the "My programs" tab they have in the app.

inchoate
Old
(Last edited by inchoate; 7th January 2013 at 03:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8
I'm trying to root a kindle fire 2 running 10.2.4, and i am hitting a road block over and over. I run bin4ry's tool, and it goesthrough the sequence of error messages, the wait 10 seconds message, some more error messages, then it says it's done. It never gives me a restore prompt.

I don't think it's a driver problem. device manager sees adb composite interface. I have, however used multiple driver sources just to be sure, no difference. Used bin4ry's original files, and tried with the ones from the sdk. Same results.

Any ideas? I must be overlooking something.

chronicfathead
Old
Thanks Meter 157

DONATE TO ME
What do you get if you run:

adb devices

Which your Kindle connected try running:

adb kill-server

Then

adb start-server

Then try it again. To check the commands, just type adb and press enter.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

inchoate
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronicfathead View Post
What do you get if you run:

adb devices

Which your Kindle connected try running:

adb kill-server

Then

adb start-server

Then try it again. To check the commands, just type adb and press enter.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
Same thing before and after:

List of devices attached
D026A0A023540EPJ device

mindmajick
Old
Thanks Meter 2720

DONATE TO ME
Used this today with no issues.

This should be a sticky.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

hillconnor13
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
My kindle gets stuck after server starts on step one I think its drivers can you help please?

jutley
Old
Thanks Meter 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by inchoate View Post
I'm trying to root a kindle fire 2 running 10.2.4, and i am hitting a road block over and over. I run bin4ry's tool, and it goesthrough the sequence of error messages, the wait 10 seconds message, some more error messages, then it says it's done. It never gives me a restore prompt.

I don't think it's a driver problem. device manager sees adb composite interface. I have, however used multiple driver sources just to be sure, no difference. Used bin4ry's original files, and tried with the ones from the sdk. Same results.

Any ideas? I must be overlooking something.
Dont set as adminstrator just click the bin4ry's
Device 1 Nokia lumina 1520 yellow 32gb stock
Device 2 Samsung galaxy note 2 4.3 stock N7100 16gb
Device 3 IPad air 16gb silver (jailbroken evasion)
Device 4 Samsung galaxy gear stock rom sideloaded apps & (sony z ultra GPE)
Device 5 Ipod nano 16gb silver

KindofBlues71
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Many, many thanks to the OP and others in this thread, as well as this forum. It was a pain in the ass, but I got the drivers and adb installed and finally got my KF2 rooted. Then I spilled half a glass of beer onto the Fire...

The case protected it from getting wet but half a glass of good beer was lost.

Thanks again,

KindofBlues71

mammenj
Old
Thanks Meter 213

DONATE TO ME
This method worked as per the op. The only thing I had problem with was the usb drivers (linked in the op), had to get the usb drivers using Android sdk method.

Now the Kindle is no more but a vanilla tablet. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2