Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Root][Working 10.3.1]Kindle Fire 2 Root made easy

OP Jordan011

3rd January 2013, 07:17 PM   |  #11  
Boyzdad's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
More
OK, all sorted

I ran -Bin4ry's Root, this takes you to the 1st step (restore), on this screen I managed to click the search (mag-glass) without the KF2 resetting (possibly this stopped the apex launcher?). This then allowed me to search for RootExplorer (previously installed) and then I could delete the Apex.apk from system/apps..... reboot all done.

However, this does make me wonder what is going on, I can install a game from google play, all good, the icon shows up (and I can search for it) run it all good. But if I try to install a launcher (apex,adw, go ex etc) they don't show up either icon or in search Any ideas why this could be? (I checked under settings/applications/installed applications/all applications/ click on apex but the launch by default button is grayed-out)

Oh, just a quick tip with the above rooting method, if your KF2 does not re-set during rooting (when it should) I just manually re-set it and all seemed to go well Also it can take a long time for the KF2 to been "seen" by the PC after re-boot, just be patient
Last edited by Boyzdad; 3rd January 2013 at 07:20 PM.
5th January 2013, 02:59 AM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyzdad

OK, all sorted

I ran -Bin4ry's Root, this takes you to the 1st step (restore), on this screen I managed to click the search (mag-glass) without the KF2 resetting (possibly this stopped the apex launcher?). This then allowed me to search for RootExplorer (previously installed) and then I could delete the Apex.apk from system/apps..... reboot all done.

However, this does make me wonder what is going on, I can install a game from google play, all good, the icon shows up (and I can search for it) run it all good. But if I try to install a launcher (apex,adw, go ex etc) they don't show up either icon or in search Any ideas why this could be? (I checked under settings/applications/installed applications/all applications/ click on apex but the launch by default button is grayed-out)

Oh, just a quick tip with the above rooting method, if your KF2 does not re-set during rooting (when it should) I just manually re-set it and all seemed to go well Also it can take a long time for the KF2 to been "seen" by the PC after re-boot, just be patient

I had to fish for em sometimes using AndroExplorer using the "My programs" tab they have in the app.
7th January 2013, 03:58 PM   |  #13  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
I'm trying to root a kindle fire 2 running 10.2.4, and i am hitting a road block over and over. I run bin4ry's tool, and it goesthrough the sequence of error messages, the wait 10 seconds message, some more error messages, then it says it's done. It never gives me a restore prompt.

I don't think it's a driver problem. device manager sees adb composite interface. I have, however used multiple driver sources just to be sure, no difference. Used bin4ry's original files, and tried with the ones from the sdk. Same results.

Any ideas? I must be overlooking something.
Last edited by inchoate; 7th January 2013 at 04:01 PM.
7th January 2013, 07:21 PM   |  #14  
chronicfathead's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sleaford, Lincs
Thanks Meter: 172
 
621 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
Donate to Me
More
What do you get if you run:

adb devices

Which your Kindle connected try running:

adb kill-server

Then

adb start-server


Then try it again. To check the commands, just type adb and press enter.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
7th January 2013, 08:13 PM   |  #15  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronicfathead

What do you get if you run:

adb devices

Which your Kindle connected try running:

adb kill-server

Then

adb start-server


Then try it again. To check the commands, just type adb and press enter.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

Same thing before and after:

List of devices attached
D026A0A023540EPJ device
8th January 2013, 10:55 PM   |  #16  
mindmajick's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cape Coral, FL
Thanks Meter: 2,974
 
3,666 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
More
Used this today with no issues.

This should be a sticky.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
9th January 2013, 12:29 AM   |  #17  
Member
Flag chatham
Thanks Meter: 3
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
My kindle gets stuck after server starts on step one I think its drivers can you help please?
9th January 2013, 10:32 PM   |  #18  
jutley's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 305
 
2,069 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by inchoate

I'm trying to root a kindle fire 2 running 10.2.4, and i am hitting a road block over and over. I run bin4ry's tool, and it goesthrough the sequence of error messages, the wait 10 seconds message, some more error messages, then it says it's done. It never gives me a restore prompt.

I don't think it's a driver problem. device manager sees adb composite interface. I have, however used multiple driver sources just to be sure, no difference. Used bin4ry's original files, and tried with the ones from the sdk. Same results.

Any ideas? I must be overlooking something.

Dont set as adminstrator just click the bin4ry's
12th January 2013, 04:08 PM   |  #19  
Thumbs up
Many, many thanks to the OP and others in this thread, as well as this forum. It was a pain in the ass, but I got the drivers and adb installed and finally got my KF2 rooted. Then I spilled half a glass of beer onto the Fire...

The case protected it from getting wet but half a glass of good beer was lost.

Thanks again,

KindofBlues71
13th January 2013, 02:47 PM   |  #20  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 253
 
1,458 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
This method worked as per the op. The only thing I had problem with was the usb drivers (linked in the op), had to get the usb drivers using Android sdk method.

Now the Kindle is no more but a vanilla tablet. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes