Should I use the ADB Drivers from the SDK then ? and will this method work on Windows 8 ?
Just a bit confused, which isn't hard
Wow....I thought this was to the one click TWRP method. So, editting my post!
Yes the drivers in the SDK should work. That's how I got mine.
As to windows 8, I am the only one here running it I think. I am already rooted and such so I'm not sure if there would be an easy way for me to test this for you, but if there is I wouldn't mind.
As far as I know it should work, but I did everything from my windows 7 laptop just because I'm still more comfortable with windows 7 for sensitive things.
There are issues with win7 for rooting?
I don't remember having many issues. I was a bit confused at first on rooting because there wasn't any real guide yet, but once I stopped poking with the KF1 rooting tools and used the exact ones I needed, things worked fine. Lately in win8 though it's been having all these small issues that makes me not trust it with things like tinkering with my devices.
Like some others here, I am having trouble with the drivers. I have a Windows 8 computer, and I cannot get the drivers to install. I am using the drivers in the original post, from the Qemu page, but they simply fail to install. I read about using drivers from the SDK, but which Software Development Kit drivers are relevant in this case? I am familiar with rooting and modding Android devices, but the Kindle is not "pure" Android, so it poses extra challenges for me. I would be grateful for any help that you can give me, please. FYI, I have tried running the install directly from the drivers, both running as admin and not running as admin, but that didn't work. I have also tried installing them via the device manager, but that didn't work either.
I've done it, my Kindle is rooted. I used the drivers from the SDK. After that, it was just a case of moving the folders to the C: drive, and following the process as listed. I did make a mistake, whereby I copied just one Qemu file to the C: drive instead of the folder, so when I tried to navigate to the Qemu using the CD ..\qemu command, the computer couldn't find the folder. This left my Kindle semi-bricked, in that the screen flickered and became semi-responsive. I reset the Kindle, sorted out the Qemu folder correctly and everything went swimmingly from there. I haven't changed the rom,or put Google Play on it yet, as I am short of time, but I will look into that at later.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|