Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,793 Members 41,551 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Root][Working 10.3.1]Kindle Fire 2 Root made easy

Tip us?

annaylor2812
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry, quick question

Should I use the ADB Drivers from the SDK then ? and will this method work on Windows 8 ?

Just a bit confused, which isn't hard

iytrix
Old
(Last edited by iytrix; 22nd January 2013 at 11:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by annaylor2812 View Post
Sorry, quick question

Should I use the ADB Drivers from the SDK then ? and will this method work on Windows 8 ?

Just a bit confused, which isn't hard
Wow....I thought this was to the one click TWRP method. So, editting my post!

Yes the drivers in the SDK should work. That's how I got mine.

As to windows 8, I am the only one here running it I think. I am already rooted and such so I'm not sure if there would be an easy way for me to test this for you, but if there is I wouldn't mind.

As far as I know it should work, but I did everything from my windows 7 laptop just because I'm still more comfortable with windows 7 for sensitive things.

mindmajick
Old
Thanks Meter 2900

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Root][Working 10.2.4]Kindle Fire 2 Root made easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iytrix View Post
Wow....I thought this was to the one click TWRP method. So, editting my post!

Yes the drivers in the SDK should work. That's how I got mine.

As to windows 8, I am the only one here running it I think. I am already rooted and such so I'm not sure if there would be an easy way for me to test this for you, but if there is I wouldn't mind.

As far as I know it should work, but I did everything from my windows 7 laptop just because I'm still more comfortable with windows 7 for sensitive things.
I'm running win 8. Similar issues as with win 7, except in win 8 you have to turn off driver signing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to mindmajick For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iytrix
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindmajick View Post
I'm running win 8. Similar issues as with win 7, except in win 8 you have to turn off driver signing

There are issues with win7 for rooting?

I don't remember having many issues. I was a bit confused at first on rooting because there wasn't any real guide yet, but once I stopped poking with the KF1 rooting tools and used the exact ones I needed, things worked fine. Lately in win8 though it's been having all these small issues that makes me not trust it with things like tinkering with my devices.

fmkilo
Old
Thanks Meter 187

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iytrix View Post
There are issues with win7 for rooting?

I don't remember having many issues. I was a bit confused at first on rooting because there wasn't any real guide yet, but once I stopped poking with the KF1 rooting tools and used the exact ones I needed, things worked fine. Lately in win8 though it's been having all these small issues that makes me not trust it with things like tinkering with my devices.
windows always has problems with drivers and new devices. especially when they have a different driver for rom(stock and cm10.1), twrp, and fastboot.
FMKilo @ forum.xda-developers
freenode irc #kf2-dev
The Following User Says Thank You to fmkilo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iytrix
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmkilo View Post
windows always has problems with drivers and new devices. especially when they have a different driver for rom(stock and cm10.1), twrp, and fastboot.
Hmmm. I must have gotten lucky, or possibly have a TON of drivers. I used that laptop to root and evo, note 2, s2, thunderbolt, and done some other android related things. I still just did the KFU method for the driver, but it's probably the fact that I've already done so much along these lines that I was lucky and didn't hit any issues with that.

mindmajick
Old
(Last edited by mindmajick; 23rd January 2013 at 04:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2900

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Root][Working 10.2.4]Kindle Fire 2 Root made easy

I really had no issues either... easy peasy. None w windows 7 or 8.. I just know others have issues with drivers.. I usually install all drivers manually so I'm not bogged down with extra apps I don't need. Dual booted with OpenSUSE and life is good.. anything I can't do in windows I do in Linux and vise versa

xXezmacXx
Old
(Last edited by xXezmacXx; 24th January 2013 at 08:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 7
delete pls...problem solved. thx

ursulavasey
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Like some others here, I am having trouble with the drivers. I have a Windows 8 computer, and I cannot get the drivers to install. I am using the drivers in the original post, from the Qemu page, but they simply fail to install. I read about using drivers from the SDK, but which Software Development Kit drivers are relevant in this case? I am familiar with rooting and modding Android devices, but the Kindle is not "pure" Android, so it poses extra challenges for me. I would be grateful for any help that you can give me, please. FYI, I have tried running the install directly from the drivers, both running as admin and not running as admin, but that didn't work. I have also tried installing them via the device manager, but that didn't work either.

ursulavasey
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulavasey View Post
Like some others here, I am having trouble with the drivers. I have a Windows 8 computer, and I cannot get the drivers to install. I am using the drivers in the original post, from the Qemu page, but they simply fail to install. I read about using drivers from the SDK, but which Software Development Kit drivers are relevant in this case? I am familiar with rooting and modding Android devices, but the Kindle is not "pure" Android, so it poses extra challenges for me. I would be grateful for any help that you can give me, please. FYI, I have tried running the install directly from the drivers, both running as admin and not running as admin, but that didn't work. I have also tried installing them via the device manager, but that didn't work either.
I've done it, my Kindle is rooted. I used the drivers from the SDK. After that, it was just a case of moving the folders to the C: drive, and following the process as listed. I did make a mistake, whereby I copied just one Qemu file to the C: drive instead of the folder, so when I tried to navigate to the Qemu using the CD ..\qemu command, the computer couldn't find the folder. This left my Kindle semi-bricked, in that the screen flickered and became semi-responsive. I reset the Kindle, sorted out the Qemu folder correctly and everything went swimmingly from there. I haven't changed the rom,or put Google Play on it yet, as I am short of time, but I will look into that at later.