Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,503 Members 37,207 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] 01/01/13 Stock rooted odexed JB Telstra_WWE_3.17.841.2

Tip us?

pablo11
Old
(Last edited by pablo11; 3rd January 2013 at 02:50 AM.) Reason: Busybox info
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 301
Smile [ROM] 01/01/13 Stock rooted odexed JB Telstra_WWE_3.17.841.2

Feel free to use this but I accept no responsibility for the results - read up before you flash!

This is a collaboration between radavs and me and is primarily for Telstra users but can be modified for any carrier in build.prop.

I use this on a daily basis and have had no issues for a week solid.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All apps working - including video camera.

Removed some bloat (Telstra Navigator, Google plus, Polaris, pdf viewer)

English language only - other languages removed - they can be pulled from the original OTA zip (which can be found here on the forums) and added to the rom.zip before flashing.

There are no screen shots because we all know what a stock rom looks like......

DOWNLOADS:

Rom http://www.4sync.com/zip/_8CLQVVk/ra...aJB-stock.html MD5 e49ec694f7d22bc37b851a2365f4dad4

Radio http://www.vangoogle.com.au/HTC_oneX...a_JB_Radio.zip - Thanks for the mirror vangoogle!

Flashing Instructions:

1)Perform a backup and then a FULL wipe in TWRP and Flash the Telstra JB radio zip.

2)Flash the rom zip and boot up.

I use System Tuner to overclock and disable the power notification - have fun!

Thanks to radavs and the people mentioned here and the XDA community
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to pablo11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pablo11
Old
(Last edited by pablo11; 1st January 2013 at 09:15 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 301
Reserved - just in case.

An extra note: I am on hboot 1.09 - I cannot garuntee this will work with other hboot versions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pablo11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vangoogle
Old
(Last edited by vangoogle; 1st January 2013 at 10:05 AM.) Reason: (Thanx Pablo11 was supposed to be first line!!)
Thanks Meter 14
Thanx Pablo11

Love you have done this!

Couple things:
I am on hboot 1.14 but have flashed the boot.img file from JB ROM already when running Jokers ROM so I cant say if it was required to be done or not.
Wiper had error twice on startup and then is fine, however I removed wiper.apk and the odex for it from zip and rewiped and reflashed.
Added Superuser.apk to apps folder (in ROM zip file before flashing) and it installs with ROM no probs.
When checking with 3G/4G Speed Optimizer pro it states /24/6 when with ICS it used to be 12/24/6 and I found line "ro.ril.gprsclass=12" missing from build.prop.
Mind you this is also missing from the stock JB Telstra ROM OTA update file so have left it out until I can do some 4G speed tests.

This is all I have found and will be running this 24/7 and will let you know how it goes. Thanx heaps for doing this as I have no idea how to root etc the OTA and wanted the stock Telstra settings in my device so this is awesome!!
Triple thumbs up!!

jbm76
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Nice work Pablo11

I will give this one a try soon
Phone:
-Current-
HTC One M8 - InsertCoin 3.0.8 | 1.54.401.10 | Android 4.4.2 & Sense 6
-Retired-
HTC One XL, HTC Desire
Tablet:
-Current-
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) SM-P605 - XXUCNF2 - 4.4.2 - ★★xKat v4.0★★
-Retired-
Acer Iconia A500

CheesyNutz
Old
Thanks Meter 3,031
Any change from the Asia build to this one looks like the same build number

Err base I mean

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Copy Cloud storage https://copy.com?r=cgXMEB
DropBox Cloud storage http://db.tt/UnygTbN

nbhnohome
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Can anyone please mirror the Rom and Radio ?
Thanks

dnorthington
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Can someone post the build.prop from this one?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

EoinCuinn
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnorthington View Post
Can someone post the build.prop from this one?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

build.zip
Current:
HTC One XL (LTE) (Dual Core 32g Version) ViperXL

Retired:
HTC Desire - GingerVillian 3
The Following User Says Thank You to EoinCuinn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pablo11
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by vangoogle View Post
Thanx Pablo11

Love you have done this!

Couple things:
I am on hboot 1.14 but have flashed the boot.img file from JB ROM already when running Jokers ROM so I cant say if it was required to be done or not.
Wiper had error twice on startup and then is fine, however I removed wiper.apk and the odex for it from zip and rewiped and reflashed.
Added Superuser.apk to apps folder (in ROM zip file before flashing) and it installs with ROM no probs.
When checking with 3G/4G Speed Optimizer pro it states /24/6 when with ICS it used to be 12/24/6 and I found line "ro.ril.gprsclass=12" missing from build.prop.
Mind you this is also missing from the stock JB Telstra ROM OTA update file so have left it out until I can do some 4G speed tests.

This is all I have found and will be running this 24/7 and will let you know how it goes. Thanx heaps for doing this as I have no idea how to root etc the OTA and wanted the stock Telstra settings in my device so this is awesome!!
Triple thumbs up!!

Damn! I thought I pulled out that wiper.apk! It's useless anyway.

Thanks for the superuser feedback. I did add the binaries to the rom but not the superuser apk. At the time I built this there were root issues and feedback was to flash the zip. Shows how long ago I built it

To be honest optimizer pro is not needed with these new roms. I am getting best ever speeds with this rom and I hardly ever use LTE.
I did notice some changes in the build.prop and the line you mention is one of them.
Seems like some values are not needed on Telstra's newer network.

Sorry about the dowload links everyone. I have a 3 day suspension from Dropbox and nowhere else to upload it

pablo11
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesyNutz View Post
Any change from the Asia build to this one looks like the same build number

Err base I mean

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Not that I know of. The release is basically the same but the Video camera is working well and it's really just so Telstra users have a base with their settings as stock. I just like the smoothness on this build too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pablo11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]