5,594,151 Members 47,247 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Note 2 Overheating Problem

Tip us?

berkayca78
Old
(Last edited by berkayca78; 1st January 2013 at 04:26 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Note 2 Overheating Problem

Hello XDA,
I have just bought Galaxy Note 2 (using the stock rom 4.1.2), on second day of use I have installed "Need for Speed Most Wanted". After playing about 15 minutes the upper part of Note 2 (around of the camera) started to heat up then I have stopped the app so on that it have returned to normal heat. I am so confused, do you suggest me to bring it back to store? or it is normal? have you ever had overheating on your Note 2 before?
(The mobile data was on, I was not running any apps on background, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi was off, brightness was full)

Thanks in advance!

gabamoner
Old
Thanks Meter 78
When im playing nfs ..I also experience this one.. I guess it is normal..as long as the heat is tolerable and not too much

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to gabamoner For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zeeshanonlyme
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by berkayca78 View Post
Hello XDA,
I have just bought Galaxy Note 2 (using the stock rom 4.1.2), on second day of use I have bought and installed "Need for Speed Most Wanted". After playing about 15 minutes the upper part of Note 2 (around of the camera) started to heat up then I have stopped the app so on that it have returned to normal heat. I am terrified, would you suggest me to bring it back to store? or it is normal? have you ever had overheating on your Note 2 before?
(The mobile data was on, I was not running any apps on background, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi was off, brightness was full)

Thanks in advance!
Thats where the exynos processor is!
It's a quad core'd beast phone without any external fans to cool off the heat. It would naturally get hot when playing GPU intensive games such as NFS.

In short its normal for it to get heated that much and all should be well.

Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to zeeshanonlyme For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gabamoner
Old
Thanks Meter 78
And also lower your brightness.. it eats alot of battery considering nfs is also a power hog.. they will make your phone really hot

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to gabamoner For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

berkayca78
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you very much guys for brightening me up!

zeeshanonlyme
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Thank you very much guys for brightening me up!
Anytime

zkyevolved
Old
Thanks Meter 276
Yeah don't worry about it. Phones ALWAYS get warm when doing processor intensive things. The problem is that phones are getting thinner and thinner, and that means less and less room for the components to breathe! While it's fine and dandy that it's getting warm, it should never get too hot to handle. Otherwise, it's OK .

Loosieus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default similar overheating problem

hey guys, i have a similar heating problem with my note 2 but it occurred after i rooted my phone with the toolkit. the overheating happens while just using the internet browser. has anyone had this problem after root?

thanks in advance.

XeroHertZ
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I experienced the same last night when I played it from the external SD Card, not sure if it was the same when it was in the local sd..
Phone: GT N7100
ROM: Ditto Note 3 V4
Kernel: Stock

abdo9119
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Hello XDA,
I have just bought Galaxy Note 2 (using the stock rom 4.1.2), on second day of use I have installed "Need for Speed Most Wanted". After playing about 15 minutes the upper part of Note 2 (around of the camera) started to heat up then I have stopped the app so on that it have returned to normal heat. I am so confused, do you suggest me to bring it back to store? or it is normal? have you ever had overheating on your Note 2 before?

Thanks in advance!
I have the same issue but the screen also (upper part of it) became hot, any body face this issue?