Post Reply

[Q] Note 2 Overheating Problem

OP berkayca78

16th January 2013, 02:30 AM   |  #11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Mine became hot around the camera lens too when playing Disney's Where is Perry? game.
16th January 2013, 11:31 AM   |  #12  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by amgreenhawk

Mine became hot around the camera lens too when playing Disney's Where is Perry? game.

Is the upper top half of the screen became hot also?
16th January 2013, 12:22 PM   |  #13  
gabamoner's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag baguio city
Thanks Meter: 78
 
325 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
How hot is it.. because normally it will feel hot when playing games... try to imagine that a powerful 1.6 quad core is insertet inside a smartphone with no ventilation..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
16th January 2013, 02:23 PM   |  #14  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabamoner

How hot is it.. because normally it will feel hot when playing games... try to imagine that a powerful 1.6 quad core is insertet inside a smartphone with no ventilation..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

the screen also (top half of the screen) became hot is this normal?
16th January 2013, 08:21 PM   |  #15  
bushako's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 284
 
1,119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2007
More
Yea I can confirm the same thing while playing Modern Combat 4...not 5 minutes into the game and the heat starts to pick up.

Sent from the Rabbit Hole
17th January 2013, 03:37 AM   |  #16  
Ookami999's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
140 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
I experience heating also while playing games like NFS, Osmos HD etc. I monitored the cpu temperature and I encountered temps from 55-60C so far. In stress tests I see around 75-80C. I think is kinda hot.
17th January 2013, 08:28 AM   |  #17  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdo9119

Is the upper top half of the screen became hot also?

No, only the hind part around the camera lens. The front and/or upper (or even whole) part around the screen is normal. Surprisingly other 3D intensive games like Beach Buggy Blitz and Blood and Glory do not get that hot like when playing with Where is Perry? game, which is a 2D game, but I guess it is more CPU intensive.
17th January 2013, 03:23 PM   |  #18  
adytum's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 274
 
1,012 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
These are not problems, the heat has to go somewhere. The cpu operates safely even at temperatures above 80.

If your phone suddenly gets hot for no reason, your cpu is spiking probably because an app didn't release its lock on a high cpu frequency. Kill the rogue app.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to adytum For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2013, 06:24 PM   |  #19  
Ookami999's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
140 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adytum

These are not problems, the heat has to go somewhere. The cpu operates safely even at temperatures above 80.

If your phone suddenly gets hot for no reason, your cpu is spiking probably because an app didn't release its lock on a high cpu frequency. Kill the rogue app.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Do you have a source for showing the ideal temps for the cpu chip? I must confirm that 65C is normal under heavy load.
18th January 2013, 10:10 AM   |  #20  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ookami999

I experience heating also while playing games like NFS, Osmos HD etc. I monitored the cpu temperature and I encountered temps from 55-60C so far. In stress tests I see around 75-80C. I think is kinda hot.

Does your upper half of the screen became hot also when you play NFS?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note II Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank