Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,261 Members 37,609 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Note 2 Overheating Problem

Tip us?

amgreenhawk
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Mine became hot around the camera lens too when playing Disney's Where is Perry? game.

abdo9119
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by amgreenhawk View Post
Mine became hot around the camera lens too when playing Disney's Where is Perry? game.
Is the upper top half of the screen became hot also?

gabamoner
Old
Thanks Meter 78
How hot is it.. because normally it will feel hot when playing games... try to imagine that a powerful 1.6 quad core is insertet inside a smartphone with no ventilation..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

abdo9119
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabamoner View Post
How hot is it.. because normally it will feel hot when playing games... try to imagine that a powerful 1.6 quad core is insertet inside a smartphone with no ventilation..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
the screen also (top half of the screen) became hot is this normal?

bushako
Old
Thanks Meter 278
Yea I can confirm the same thing while playing Modern Combat 4...not 5 minutes into the game and the heat starts to pick up.

Sent from the Rabbit Hole
Nexus 5 - 32GB - D820 - latest 4.4.4 Mahdi ROM with Franco's Kernel

Sony Xperia Z Ultra - C6833 - White - Latest stock rom and kernel - rooted with Dual Recovery.

Ookami999
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I experience heating also while playing games like NFS, Osmos HD etc. I monitored the cpu temperature and I encountered temps from 55-60C so far. In stress tests I see around 75-80C. I think is kinda hot.

amgreenhawk
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdo9119 View Post
Is the upper top half of the screen became hot also?
No, only the hind part around the camera lens. The front and/or upper (or even whole) part around the screen is normal. Surprisingly other 3D intensive games like Beach Buggy Blitz and Blood and Glory do not get that hot like when playing with Where is Perry? game, which is a 2D game, but I guess it is more CPU intensive.

adytum
Old
Thanks Meter 274
These are not problems, the heat has to go somewhere. The cpu operates safely even at temperatures above 80.

If your phone suddenly gets hot for no reason, your cpu is spiking probably because an app didn't release its lock on a high cpu frequency. Kill the rogue app.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to adytum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ookami999
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by adytum View Post
These are not problems, the heat has to go somewhere. The cpu operates safely even at temperatures above 80.

If your phone suddenly gets hot for no reason, your cpu is spiking probably because an app didn't release its lock on a high cpu frequency. Kill the rogue app.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
Do you have a source for showing the ideal temps for the cpu chip? I must confirm that 65C is normal under heavy load.

abdo9119
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ookami999 View Post
I experience heating also while playing games like NFS, Osmos HD etc. I monitored the cpu temperature and I encountered temps from 55-60C so far. In stress tests I see around 75-80C. I think is kinda hot.
Does your upper half of the screen became hot also when you play NFS?