FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

 View Poll Results: Do you experience any issues with the ZTE Grand X IN?

I have a perfect device
 
62 Vote(s)
31.63%
Unresponsive touchscreen
 
44 Vote(s)
22.45%
Touchscreen freezes
 
40 Vote(s)
20.41%
GPS problems
 
20 Vote(s)
10.20%
1-2 sec call delay
 
36 Vote(s)
18.37%
Bad call quality
 
26 Vote(s)
13.27%
Random turn-offs, reboots
 
37 Vote(s)
18.88%
GSM network or mobile data problems
 
24 Vote(s)
12.24%
WiFi problems
 
14 Vote(s)
7.14%
Too silent video recordings
 
12 Vote(s)
6.12%
Other, I'll post about it
 
21 Vote(s)
10.71%

ZTE Grand X IN P940

357 posts
Thanks Meter: 100
 
By atillaahun, Senior Member on 1st January 2013, 09:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th January 2013, 10:13 PM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
I see now when I check they are exe files like connect your phone to pc with usb debugging and run that?
The Following User Says Thank You to Metacloud For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Metacloud Ad-Free
 
 
15th January 2013, 10:18 PM |#12  
atillaahun's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Hungary
Thanks Meter: 100
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metacloud

I see now when I check they are exe files like connect your phone to pc with usb debugging and run that?

Yeah, they are pretty much the same as in case of the CWM recovery, you just have to make a choice with picking the original recovery after running the .exe
15th January 2013, 11:41 PM |#13  
Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Will supersu be deleted when running stock rom? because I just restore my backup where root was not working but there is still supersu. Or can you tell how to remove supersu?
16th January 2013, 12:36 PM |#14  
atillaahun's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Hungary
Thanks Meter: 100
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metacloud

Will supersu be deleted when running stock rom? because I just restore my backup where root was not working but there is still supersu. Or can you tell how to remove supersu?

Which backup? The ZTE kind of?

Anyway, restoring a stock rom supposed to (and most likely will) delete both user and system data, so everthing, including superuser and root.
16th January 2013, 01:34 PM |#15  
Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
I backup with CWM recovery but root is not working in there. I used Bin4ry v18. Hoping that stock rom helps me getting this device to service. You take your time to do your best work. Thanks!

EDIT: I done Factory Reset and boom 30min of playing with phone and open up netflix BOOM Freeze!

EDIT2: So I can't return my device in warranty service with that stock recovery when it comes?
17th January 2013, 02:02 PM |#16  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atillaahun

Right, I didn't think of that.
New links are up.

Btw, the Next v2 custom rom with CWM Recovery is on its way here, if anyone would be interested.

I can't seem to find the root file link, only the CWM and stock recovery files. Is it still active and working?

Edit: Sorry, ignore my non noob question. What I wanted to do is root my phone with its stock room so that I can use Set CPU and assign profiles.

Sent from my Grand X In using Tapatalk 2
17th January 2013, 06:15 PM |#17  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
How is battery performance with this custom ROM?

Sent from my Grand X In using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to svetievboris For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift svetievboris Ad-Free
18th January 2013, 01:02 PM |#18  
atillaahun's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Hungary
Thanks Meter: 100
 
More
The Romanian and Greek recoveries are up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metacloud

I backup with CWM recovery but root is not working in there. I used Bin4ry v18. Hoping that stock rom helps me getting this device to service. You take your time to do your best work. Thanks!

EDIT: I done Factory Reset and boom 30min of playing with phone and open up netflix BOOM Freeze!

EDIT2: So I can't return my device in warranty service with that stock recovery when it comes?

Sure you can. That's the point of it. And now it's ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svetievboris

I can't seem to find the root file link, only the CWM and stock recovery files. Is it still active and working?

Edit: Sorry, ignore my non noob question. What I wanted to do is root my phone with its stock room so that I can use Set CPU and assign profiles.

Sent from my Grand X In using Tapatalk 2

I just deleted the root method temporarily, but now it's back on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svetievboris

How is battery performance with this custom ROM?

Sent from my Grand X In using Tapatalk 2

Well, it's quite much the same with stock ROMs, we didn't really do performance modifications. Without available kernel source it's to hard.
That's my stats with minimalistic use. But if I watch movies, listening to net radio, browsing a lot, etc ... it discharges in 1 day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-16-23-20-25.jpg
Views:	649
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	1656413   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-16-23-20-40.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	1656414  
19th January 2013, 07:09 AM |#19  
krondar's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Odp: ZTE Grand X IN (P940) - Next custom ROM & CWM recovery & Root
Is there a possibility to make a Polish recovery?

Sent from my Grand X In using xda premium
19th January 2013, 10:21 AM |#20  
atillaahun's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Hungary
Thanks Meter: 100
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krondar

Is there a possibility to make a Polish recovery?

Sent from my Grand X In using xda premium

It's done, and up in the OP for some time.
21st January 2013, 06:34 AM |#21  
krondar's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Odp: ZTE Grand X IN (P940) - Next custom ROM & CWM recovery & Root
Good news, didn't check it - thanks

Sent from my Grand X In using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to krondar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift krondar Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
custom, recovery, rom, root, zte grand x in p940

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes