Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,401 Members 38,956 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP][4.2.1] schnip's ROM w/ TABLET UI (1/12/2013)

Tip us?

clavicle
Old
Thanks Meter 47
I am getting a message, Location settings aren't working in google now. Are these working or something wrong at my end. Though all location settings are checked, including the gps.

Primary device= Nexus 5
NEXUS 10 16gb

schnip
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Hi clavicle,

another user (billplowman) had the same problems with the location settings. I'm not sure why this happens. I assume it has something to do with the gapps. I used the Cyanogenmod gapps and they might have a bug. Im really new to developing Roms which is why i cant really debug your issue.

As a solution i recommend you to try other flashable gapps packages. (Just pick one of the other Rom threads) If it works I'd be grateful if you could post the working gapps here.

Adding extended power menu is on the top of my priority list. If you know some Howtos or any kind of knowledge on how to implement it please let me know!

clavicle
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Thanks for the reply, I will try to install few more gaps and let you know about it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Primary device= Nexus 5
NEXUS 10 16gb

craigacgomez
Old
Thanks Meter 2577

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnip View Post
Hi clavicle,

another user (billplowman) had the same problems with the location settings. I'm not sure why this happens. I assume it has something to do with the gapps. I used the Cyanogenmod gapps and they might have a bug. Im really new to developing Roms which is why i cant really debug your issue.

As a solution i recommend you to try other flashable gapps packages. (Just pick one of the other Rom threads) If it works I'd be grateful if you could post the working gapps here.

Adding extended power menu is on the top of my priority list. If you know some Howtos or any kind of knowledge on how to implement it please let me know!
@schnip here's some help...

For Google Location Service, use the changes in this commit... https://github.com/craigacgomez/andr...5c8fa0b86bb9d1

For the Advanced Power Menu... here's a git diff of the changes... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0#post34280090 but you still need the images...

CRAiG GoMEZ

Donate to me

Google LGE Nexus 5 [D820] | SlimKat (Android 4.4.2) - SlimRoms
Google Samsung Nexus 10 [GT-P8110HAEXAR] ThunderKat (Android 4.4.2) - craigacgomez
The Following User Says Thank You to craigacgomez For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dankerton
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Great start to the exact ROM I am hoping for. Currently I find the time in notification bar to be small and hulu plus doesn't recognize as supported device (which I noticed on paranoid android rom too...). I tried some gapps but they either crash or location service is broken. Also what happened to tiles?

I def check back and test new versions of this rom. Goodluck and great work so far.

schnip
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigacgomez View Post
@schnip here's some help...

For Google Location Service, use the changes in this commit... https://github.com/craigacgomez/andr...5c8fa0b86bb9d1

For the Advanced Power Menu... here's a git diff of the changes... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0#post34280090 but you still need the images...

Thank you very much for the advice. I find it quite hard to "get into" rom development. So i really appreciate the help from an experienced developer!

craigacgomez
Old
Thanks Meter 2577

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thank you very much for the advice. I find it quite hard to "get into" rom development. So i really appreciate the help from an experienced developer!
I'm not an experienced dev... just another newbie dev!! But glad I could help!

CRAiG GoMEZ

Donate to me

Google Samsung Nexus 10 [GT-P8110HAEXAR] ThunderKat (Android 4.4.2) - craigacgomez
The Following User Says Thank You to craigacgomez For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

schnip
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
I'm not an experienced dev... just another newbie dev!! But glad I could help!

I very much appreciate it! If you have time probably you can help me with another issue.

Im trying to make an update.zip for the nexus 10 tablet ui. Unfortunately if i exchange this file for example: /system/framework/services.odex I always end up with bootloops and dont know how to debug it.

craigacgomez
Old
Thanks Meter 2577

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I very much appreciate it! If you have time probably you can help me with another issue.

Im trying to make an update.zip for the nexus 10 tablet ui. Unfortunately if i exchange this file for example: /system/framework/services.odex I always end up with bootloops and dont know how to debug it.
Did you also replace the corresponding jar file?? services.jar??

CRAiG GoMEZ

Donate to me

schnip
Old
(Last edited by schnip; 11th January 2013 at 02:37 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Did you also replace the corresponding jar file?? services.jar??

Yes. I have a completely stock Nexus 10. Except that i unlocked and rooted the stock Rom.

Then i took the completely stock AOSP and built a Rom. I flashed that rom as otazip package to see if it works and it does.

Then i took the services.jar and services.odex from the AOSP rom and replaced the corresponding files on my stock rooted rom. (I used adb shell to remove the old files and then adb pushed the new ones)

And it results in a boot loop.

I compiled the rom using this for "lunch" full_manta-user. I used "user" to make sure the rom is odexed because using full_manta-userdebug results in a deodexed rom.