S3 vs. Nexus 4

Tip us?

FunkyELF
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default S3 vs. Nexus 4

Thought I'd share my thoughts on the N4 vs. the S3

I bought my wife a Nexus 4... if I liked it, I planned on selling my S3 and getting another one for myself.
That way we could share accessories, car docks, etc... there would be some benefit to having the same exact phone.

Anyway... her Nexus 4 was delivered yesterday and I'm not sure that I like it any better than the S3.
The N4 seems bulkier and while the N4 does have a slightly higher resolution than the S3, some of that real estate is used for the soft buttons home, back and recent apps.
So when you have them side by side it looks like the S3's screen is bigger on a smaller device.

The play store is sold out of N4s right now anyway, so I don't really have a choice.
I think once CM10.1 (or any AOSP 4.2 based ROM) is stable there'd be no reason to go from the S3 to the N4 (until 4.3 comes out and you have that 3 to 4 month lag).
Also, my S3 has 32GB and a micro sd card slot.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FunkyELF For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zencoran
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Ok?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
GOTTA LOVE CATS
The Following User Says Thank You to zencoran For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pedroisweird
Old
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
What do you mean, ok? It's the general section. It's alright he didn't ask a question good point FunkyELF. That's how I feel about it too. The difference isn't worth the switch. Just hold on to your S3 until the S4 haha I wonder if they'll get the flex screen stuff working in time for that. I'm so excited for tech in 2013. Happy NEW YEAR!!

se1000
Old
Thanks Meter 149
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0#post35174070

DBBGBA
Old
Thanks Meter 27
There are many things that I don't like hardware wise about the nexus phones, I used to own the nexus one and I was very very happy with it until I lost it, but the new models don't appeal to me like the original did... too bad other android phones get updates only if you're lucky :/

guardzero
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I almost bought an N4 over the S3 until I heard about no wifi calling on the N4 through T-mobile. That plus the lack of expandable storage and glass back of the N4 pushed me towards the S3 and I haven't regretted my purchase at all. Dropped a 64gb Micro-SD in the S3, installed Nova Launcher and BAM..Samsung knows how to make a great phone. I still hate touch-wiz, but any launcher of choice fixes that rather quickly. I really wanted the N4 until I tried the S3 + Nova Launcher.
Android themes!
http://78smith.com/android.html

Follow me for theme updates!
http://twitter.com/agent_78smith

gypsy214
Old
Thanks Meter 441
Same here buddy. I got my gf a N4 and I compared it with my s3. to tell you the truth I figure why would I want a nexus4? If I flash CM on my s3 would be better. The only thing I liked about the n4 is the hardware with the back glass. But Im happy with my s3 and not going to get me a n4.

I agree with you the s3 seems to have more space on the screen.
By the way my gf is getting tired of the n4 she doesnt want to root. So there is no way I can fix what she wants. She says that some apps like bank of america and cnn dont work properly, she hates the fact of not having adobe (even thought i told her I'll put it on and she dont want to, she says that if it was taking off it was for a reason.) Another thing she doesnt like is the speed of the phone browser wise. But anyways I like my s3

DigitalUnderground
Old
Thanks Meter 2016
Message to the OP.

AOKP 01/03/13 is stable as any ROM I've ran. I've yet to find a bug and I've been stress testing all day. S3 is better, and if u want stock aosp android, the 4.2.1 ROMS are coming along nicely and aokp feels comple

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to DigitalUnderground For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kingston73
Old
Thanks Meter 296
Thanks for this post, when I read the title I was afraid it was another " should I upgrade" thread. Nice to hear from somebody who is able to compare them side by side.
TmoUS eastcoast
G2 iphone 5
Sensation GS3
BB 9810

BassBlaster
Old
Thanks Meter 255
Funny how no one here on the S3 forums seem to mention the price of the N4 as an advantage.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda app-developers app

My Work:
JoyOS V2 ROM port for Galaxy SL i9003
iGalaxy ROM for Galaxy SL i9003
SKYNET ROM V3 for SmartQ ZWatch
Google Nexus 4
SmartQ Zwatch
Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 (R.I.P) Resurrected from the dead!

The Following User Says Thank You to BassBlaster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe