XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Guide - Installing Firmware, CWM recovery & Rooting

Tip us?

samir_a
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 346

DONATE TO ME
Yes if the above said options are not there then you need to reinstall CWM as something is wrong also before doing that check you memory card is functional

By default CWM will store on internal memory unless you select external memory card
List of Devices

Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Note 10.1
Micromax Canvas HD, HP DV6 Laptop
LG 6990 Smartv LED TV, Samsung 5 Series LCD TV
Tata Sky HD+, Videocon D2H HD

aaroncslusher
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default rooting 8013 on stock US JB 4.1.2

I would like to root my 8013 model running the OTA update of JB4.1,2. How do I do this? I tried the easy one you listed, but it failed. So I was going to try the cwm version via rom manager, but there isn't a CWM version for the 8013. Will the one for the 8010 or the 8000 work?
At this point I'm not certain I want to load a custom rom, I just want root! Help.

cq1723
Old
(Last edited by cq1723; 17th January 2013 at 10:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I'm hung up at this coming from a rooted stock 4.0.4 trying to update to 4.1.2 using the US n8013 firmware from your post here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2016792

edit: it just failed. what do I do now?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	odin.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	1653997  

txtmikhail
Old
Thanks Meter 367
Default Re: Guide - Installing Firmware, CWM recovery & Rooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaroncslusher View Post
I would like to root my 8013 model running the OTA update of JB4.1,2. How do I do this? I tried the easy one you listed, but it failed. So I was going to try the cwm version via rom manager, but there isn't a CWM version for the 8013. Will the one for the 8010 or the 8000 work?
At this point I'm not certain I want to load a custom rom, I just want root! Help.
This one seems to work...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=33298782

Sent from my GT-N8013 using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cq1723 View Post
I'm hung up at this coming from a rooted stock 4.0.4 trying to update to 4.1.2 using the US n8013 firmware from your post here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2016792

edit: it just failed. what do I do now?
Usually if it fails it means the file was corrupted.. try redownloading the file..

flippingout
Old
Thanks Meter 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by samir_a View Post
Yes if the above said options are not there then you need to reinstall CWM as something is wrong also before doing that check you memory card is functional

By default CWM will store on internal memory unless you select external memory card
The option is there just won't work. I will try flashing CWM again in Odin and see if it works after that.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD
Phone: Nexus 5 on AT&T
Tablet: Galaxy Note 10.1 (Darkman_RA ROM), 4G Xoom - Team EOS Jellybean
GoogleTV: Sony NSX40-GT1, NSZGS7 and NSZ-GT1
History: HTC One, Galaxy Nexus, Droid Incredible - AMOLED, T-Mobile G1 (the start of it all), Blackberry Pearl, Samsung Katana, HTC Wizard Pocket PC Phone, various flip phones back to 1997.

No need to sweat the little things. Keep it easy and all is good.

Find me on Google+

txtmikhail
Old
Thanks Meter 367

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippingout View Post
The option is there just won't work. I will try flashing CWM again in Odin and see if it works after that.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD
Which version of cwm are u using?

Stoney60
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:

Well. I've just decided to make the leap to CM10.1. (I really REALLY need multiuser) I've flashed Chainfire's auto root, installed Mobile ODIN pro, and SuperSU pro, Triangle Away, I'm in the process of downloading the stock 4.1.2 just in case. I have Titanium Backup Pro so I'm going to do a BU with that. Will the CM10.1 install using Mobile ODIN? I think I'm on the right track (I hope, I hope) Please tell me if I'm missing anything. Thanks for all your great work!

samir_a
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 346

DONATE TO ME
I am not familiar with mobile Odin is never used it but if it supports installation from a zip file then it should BTW Odin will not install CM and hence I do not think it will install using mobile Odin.

Also for CM rom you need to do a wipe before you can upgrade from your existing stock rom so all you apps will go.

I had installed it using cwm installed like a charm the multiuser feature is cool

Why dont you install CWM do a Nandroid back up clean wipe and then install CM

Also do not know what triangleaway will do it will not reset the count until you have the stock recovery and once you install CM the count will increase so you can either install it after you install CM or before you install the stock rom
List of Devices

Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Note 10.1
Micromax Canvas HD, HP DV6 Laptop
LG 6990 Smartv LED TV, Samsung 5 Series LCD TV
Tata Sky HD+, Videocon D2H HD
The Following User Says Thank You to samir_a For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Stoney60
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
I am not familiar with mobile Odin is never used it but if it supports installation from a zip file then it should BTW Odin will not install CM and hence I do not think it will install using mobile Odin.

Also for CM rom you need to do a wipe before you can upgrade from your existing stock rom so all you apps will go.

I had installed it using cwm installed like a charm the multiuser feature is cool

Why dont you install CWM do a Nandroid back up clean wipe and then install CM

Also do not know what triangleaway will do it will not reset the count until you have the stock recovery and once you install CM the count will increase so you can either install it after you install CM or before you install the stock rom
You ARE quick!!! Guess I'll get with Chainfire to ask some of those questions. Thanks again for your help!

Endoroid
Old
Thanks Meter 314
I seem to be having some difficulties flashing any FW to my N8000, running ZCBLL5. I have tried 3 different FW and they all fail, seemingly right at the last step(Radio). I have tried XXCMA1, XXCLL3, and XXBLK2. My main goal is to enable Google apps on the device, as the chinese FW doesn't seem to come with it. Anybody have any idea why this keeps happening? Does odin output any error log? Would i be better off to try heimdall in linux, or does the chinese FW block the install of other? Any help is appreciated

Tags
flashing firmware, installing firmware, odin