Sent from my GT-N8000 using xda app-developers app
7th February 2013, 03:22 PM   |  #52  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 350

1,069 posts
Donate to Me
More
Where did you here it aroma installer is generally for custom roms which gives you options to selection different features during installation
14th February 2013, 09:22 AM   |  #53  
Thanks Meter: 3

37 posts
I had previously successfully rooted via Exynos Abuse method. This morning I was prompted to install an android software update. (I was already on jelly bean so not sure what the update was exactly. In any case my version now says 4.12)

As expected, the update undid the root. However when I try to reapply, the exymos abuse app now says "failure, could not root device".
Anybody know if there is still a way I will be able to re-root via exyjos abuse? I really like this method as I have averything else stock on my Note and I like receiving the ota updates automatically.

Thanks a lot for any help on this
14th February 2013, 09:55 AM   |  #54  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 66

265 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiboy6

I had previously successfully rooted via Exynos Abuse method. This morning I was prompted to install an android software update. (I was already on jelly bean so not sure what the update was exactly. In any case my version now says 4.12)

As expected, the update undid the root. However when I try to reapply, the exymos abuse app now says "failure, could not root device".
Anybody know if there is still a way I will be able to re-root via exyjos abuse? I really like this method as I have averything else stock on my Note and I like receiving the ota updates automatically.

Thanks a lot for any help on this

The Exynos Abuse made use of an exploit/vulnerability to easily gain root. The vulnerability was removed in 4.1.2 so Exynos Abuse no longer works.

This method of rooting with Framaroot works apparently http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2144710
The Following User Says Thank You to Bulbous For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2013, 11:07 AM   |  #55  
Thanks Meter: 3

37 posts
Thanks Bulbous...framaroot seems to have worked perfectly.

Any idea if I will still receive OTA updates after rooting this way?
15th February 2013, 12:07 AM   |  #56  
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
How to get Official status back after Rooting?
Hi, I rooted before when I used the German JB 4.1.1 firmware and had to get back to U.S. ICS to update to 4.1.2 U.S. Jelly Bean. I used triangle away last time and status and binary counter went back to "Official" and none. Now I tried to root to use the Multiview Manager app on my GN 10.1, it didn't work the way I wanted with the main app I wanted to use it for. So decided to UnRoot and use triangle away again. Now when I unrooted I still have the Custom showing on Device Status. How do I get it back to Official now?
I'm hoping I don't have to revert back to ICS again and do a full wipe of my GN, Then Update to JB again. Is there a way to do this without going that route? Appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks.
16th February 2013, 02:39 AM   |  #57  

16 posts
Bump

Anybody??
19th February 2013, 04:36 PM   |  #58  
Thanks Meter: 5

69 posts
nevemrind
21st February 2013, 04:34 PM   |  #59  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 350

1,069 posts
Donate to Me
More
Do you have CWM or custom recovery installed if it is then count wont reset to zero

if not then reinistall triangleaway and try
22nd February 2013, 10:37 AM   |  #60  

16 posts
Samir, thanks for checking in and replying. I used Chainfire's Auto-Root for the N8013 GN and flashed it using Odin. When I rooted this time, I used Triangle away, then full unroot, and when I went to check in Download Mode, I have:
Custom Binary Download: No
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System STATUS: Custom

Like I said, when I went From German 4.1.1 ROM back to flashing the U.S. ICS ROM and Rooted, using triangle away app and then full Unroot that time, Binary count was reset to No, Current Binary was set to Samsung Official, and System Status was set to Official. When I did the Same Chainfire Auto-Root and flashed this time, Root was succesful, tried the Multiview App, but didn't work for the app I wanted, so did the Triangle Away app again, did the full unroot, and when I went into Download Mode everything was as listed above. Reset everything, except the System Status, which is now Custom.
I have a couple of questions:
1. Is there a way to get back to Official System Status without going through the above listed way I got back to U.S. ICS and Having to Wipe my device and do a factory reset?
2. If i go back to U.S. ICS and flash it, then do a full wipe of everything and factory reset, will that set everything right and back to Official? I'm just trying to save some time of having to load everything again and setup my GN all over again.

As for your Question about the CWM or Custom recovery, not sure if that was included in Chainfire's Auto-Root, but I don't think so. I never saw a custom recovery, just stock recovery when I used it before.
Also, since I didn't get an answer right away, did some googling and found this Post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1939945
He's saying all I should have to do is flash the last Official ROM for my Country(Meaning ICS) and then Binary Counter and System Status will Both Be Official and I can reload the U.S. OTA JB update or Use Kies to do it. The big thing is I will not lose my data. Now I know this post is for a phone, but wondering if it'll work for my galaxy Note N8013?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
flashing firmware, installing firmware, odin
Previous Thread Next Thread