Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 51,847 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q][SOS] blank screen after install chainfire 3d

Tip us?

paijo0708
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q][SOS] blank screen after install chainfire 3d

hy evevy body

my phone now got black screen after installed chainfire 3d. using ics, root, hboot 1.50 unlock
now i just can enter fastboot via fastboot via terminal in windows,
i just push vol down+power button and then i push power button again to enter fastboot, my scren still black
when i type fastboot devices it shown my device

what can i do with that

thx 4advice

DjDom
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by paijo0708 View Post
hy evevy body

my phone now got black screen after installed chainfire 3d. using ics, root, hboot 1.50 unlock
now i just can enter fastboot via fastboot via terminal in windows,
i just push vol down+power button and then i push power button again to enter fastboot, my scren still black
when i type fastboot devices it shown my device

what can i do with that

thx 4advice
Can you get into the recovery via fastboot?

Current Tablet: Acer Iconia A110, Stock, Rooted, 4.1.2
Acer A110 Root Guide

Current Phone:

LG Nexus 5

Rooted

Stock ROM

Rogers Wireless Canada
The Following User Says Thank You to DjDom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

paijo0708
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjDom View Post
Can you get into the recovery via fastboot?
i suposed i can.
the step to enter fasfboot are :
1. press vol down+power
2. wait few seconds and then press vol down
3. press power again
i do that with black screen condition

sorry for my bad english

MistedEvo
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Flash a new bootloader in Fastboot USB and a recovery and you should be able to tweak your way from there by flashing a new ROM.

HTC EVO 3D (GSM)
HBOOT : HBOOT 1.49.0007 UNLOCKED ~ S-OFF
KERNEL : 3.0.44-ck1-CoolZ-EvoG-v3.7
RECOVERY : 4ext v1.0.0.5 RC8
RADIO : 11.25.3504.06_M
ROM : KingCobra GSM
CID : SUPER CID

Message me if you have any questions.
The Following User Says Thank You to MistedEvo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

paijo0708
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistedEvo View Post
Flash a new bootloader in Fastboot USB and a recovery and you should be able to tweak your way from there by flashing a new ROM.
is "Flash a new bootloader" change the hboot? i mean i`m using hboot 1.50 and i have to update it?
or just change the boot from an ROM.
thx

MrJyrks
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Blank screen? Mine got stuck on htc logo a while back. It's not meant to be working on ics. I made a backup before, just in case and restored it. All was fine after. Flashing the same rom over, without cleaning any partitions should work fine too. But in your case i am not sure it will work.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrJyrks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mnomaanw
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 522
put a recovery.img in your fastboot folder and then put your phone in fastboot mode then type "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" then try to boot recovery again if it still doesnot work, try "fastboot boot recovery.img" but IMO chainfire should not affect your hboot and recovery. If nothing works you can use RUU.

The Following User Says Thank You to mnomaanw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

paijo0708
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnomaanw View Post
put a recovery.img in your fastboot folder and then put your phone in fastboot mode then type "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" then try to boot recovery again if it still doesnot work, try "fastboot boot recovery.img" but IMO chainfire should not affect your hboot and recovery. If nothing works you can use RUU.
didn't work man
my lcd still blank

is chainfire 3d flash my gpu firmware, so my gpu got in wrong 'state' so it wont work?
can i reflash my gpu firmware?

MrJyrks
Old
Thanks Meter 75
I'm a bit confused. So you said the screen is black even while in hboot?
And you are cdma, right? S-on or s-off? And to get into fastboot usb i think it is more like, power off your phone completely, if you were using sense 3.6 rom i guess it is a good idea to remove the battery for a sec in case fast boot was enabled in settings, then pwr+voldwn, wait a moment, pwr again and now you should be on fastboot.
Then on pc make sure you have installed all the required drivers for your phone and download fastboot. Connect your phone to the pc. Copy a recovery.img on the folder on your pc where fastboot executable is located. Then shift + right click on an empty space in that folder and create a terminal (cmd) there. Run fastboot flash recovery.img. then try to boot into recovery again. So shut down your phone again. Then pwr + voldwn. Again voldwn and now it should boot into recovery. You may also use 'fastboot reboot recovery' from fastboot instead of this i guess. If it doesnt work do fastboot boot recovery.img. If you are s-off you can just flash a ruu if it didn't work, but you will lose root ofcourse. If s-on you need to relock bootloader in fastbbot mode with 'fastboot oem lock' and then flash the ruu. I dont have time to find a ruu for you, so you better google for it yourself. Make sure to choose the appropriate ruu for your phone. To flash the ruu you just open the downloaded ruu.exe file and it will start flashind. It will take time and will tell you when it is done. If you are s-off i am not sure if you need to relock the bootloader but i guess you should not. If you are on a custom hboot(only possible if you are s-off), please no way lock your bootloader it will hardbrick it!

You may send me a pm. And i will do what i can to help you.

---------- Post added at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

And if you are not s-off i would reccommend you to go s-off after you have fixed this issue. Wire trick is the easiest way to gain s-off imho. Just go to this page and read the info on how to do this. I got s-off on my second try. It must be timed correctly. If anything goes wrong read the troubleshooting section. http://unlimited.io/juopunutbear.htm
And as always, if you need any help feel free to pm me.

paijo0708
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJyrks View Post
I'm a bit confused. So you said the screen is black even while in hboot?
yes, my screen is black while in hboot.

Quote:
And you are cdma, right? S-on or s-off?
yes my evo 3d is CDMA in S-on mode, but unlock

Quote:
Then on pc make sure you have installed all the required drivers for your phone and download fastboot. Connect your phone to the pc. Copy a recovery.img on the folder on your pc where fastboot executable is located. Then shift + right click on an empty space in that folder and create a terminal (cmd) there. Run fastboot flash recovery.img. then try to boot into recovery again. So shut down your phone again. Then pwr + voldwn. Again voldwn and now it should boot into recovery. You may also use 'fastboot reboot recovery' from fastboot instead of this i guess.
i have done that step, I have been success when flashing the recovery. when i turned it off, then turn it on again, my screen still black
when i tried boot from recovery boot,my screen still black too.

Quote:
If s-on you need to relock bootloader in fastbbot mode with 'fastboot oem lock' and then flash the ruu.
i'll try this thing

Quote:
I dont have time to find a ruu for you, so you better google for it yourself. Make sure to choose the appropriate ruu for your phone.
what make the rru different from me and the other? how to make sure is that ruu appropriate for my phone?

thanks for all your advice man, i'll try