FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[MOD] Spotify app with AVRCP bluetooth metadata

58 posts
Thanks Meter: 35
 
By res_au, Member on 4th January 2013, 06:33 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
16th December 2013, 12:38 AM |#291  
Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMc85

I will patch the version that was just released tomorrow when I get home from work... however, no fix has been found yet for 4.3 Samsung devices, so you may still have issues as the patch will still be based on the existing code but I will post it for others not using a Samsung device to benefit from.

- Dan

Very much looking forward to it. I'm on 4.4 so the old versions have no album art for me. I'm also using ART so I can't use the xposed module and metafy is way too slow and unreliable to bother with. I'd definitely be willing to donate something for an update. Thanks for your past versions. Been using them on other devices for quite some time now.
 
 
16th December 2013, 12:59 AM |#292  
Senior Member
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 244
 
Donate to Me
More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooobbbbb

Very much looking forward to it. I'm on 4.4 so the old versions have no album art for me. I'm also using ART so I can't use the xposed module and metafy is way too slow and unreliable to bother with. I'd definitely be willing to donate something for an update. Thanks for your past versions. Been using them on other devices for quite some time now.

Thanks for the reminder... I just uploaded the new version, let me know how it works. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 so I am unable to test as it crashes bluetooth on samsung 4.3 devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to DanMc85 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th December 2013, 01:03 AM |#293  
Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMc85

Thanks for the reminder... I just uploaded the new version, let me know how it works. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 so I am unable to test as it crashes bluetooth on samsung 4.3 devices.

I'm not seeing an attachment anywhere? I'd love to test it.
16th December 2013, 01:09 AM |#294  
Senior Member
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 244
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooobbbbb

I'm not seeing an attachment anywhere? I'd love to test it.

Here: http://d-h.st/YCa
The Following User Says Thank You to DanMc85 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th December 2013, 01:21 AM |#295  
Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMc85

Here: http://d-h.st/YCa

So far so good, thanks so much! You rock!

Sent from my Moto X.
16th December 2013, 11:22 PM |#296  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
audio ducking
DanMc85,

Thank you so much for this!! The state of the Android Spotify app is pretty sad and I don't see it changing anytime soon (there have been threads requesting this on their forms for years).

The only other feature I really want and don't expect to ever get is audio ducking (lowering the volume when you get a notification or your GPS alerts you of a turn similar to how iOS or Google Music acts instead of simply stopping the music, which is really annoying). Apparently using "AUDIOFOCUS_LOSS_TRANSIENT_CAN_DUCK" allows Android apps to lower volume during a brief loss of focus. I was wondering if you know of anyway to modify the spotify apk to do this as well. There is more info on this function here: developer.android.com/reference/android/media/AudioManager.html

I attempted to add this, and I've got the apk decompiled but that itself stretches the limits of my knowledge and I have no idea where I would put this command inside the app.

Regardless, thank you for picking up the Spotify slack and providing continued updates!
17th December 2013, 09:27 AM |#297  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Smile Gave up waiting for Spotify
Gave up waiting for Spotify to officially respond and signed up to Deezer at half price for 6 months. Everything worked straight away!
18th December 2013, 09:02 PM |#298  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Still not work on S4 Bluetooth stack crash
Kjell
26th December 2013, 01:05 AM |#299  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
App is working on my ATT Galaxy S4 running 4.3. However, bluetooth shuts down every minute or so-it reconnects, but its a pain. Any troubleshooting advice would be greatly appreciated. Other than that bug, its great work, thank you!
26th December 2013, 01:19 AM |#300  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender323

App is working on my ATT Galaxy S4 running 4.3. However, bluetooth shuts down every minute or so-it reconnects, but its a pain. Any troubleshooting advice would be greatly appreciated. Other than that bug, its great work, thank you!

Are you getting an error when the Bluetooth disconnects? I get a Bluetooth error when I open this apk on the note 3 running 4.3 whereas the note 2 never gave this. I assume its normal and hopefully there will be a fix for a different apk..

Dave
26th December 2013, 02:19 AM |#301  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT_Vert

Are you getting an error when the Bluetooth disconnects? I get a Bluetooth error when I open this apk on the note 3 running 4.3 whereas the note 2 never gave this. I assume its normal and hopefully there will be a fix for a different apk..

Dave

I get a popup saying "Bluetooth Share has stopped". Then my phone locks (due to a tasker script I set for disabling my password when connected to my smartwatch, I should probably turn that off) Sometimes my phone freezes for a moment before giving me that error.

EDIT: Uninstalled, now my smartwatch just constantly displays the last song I had playing with the modified app instead of just having blank space where the song title should be. Not a big deal, but anyone have an idea of where this is being stored? (What I have to delete and reinstall to get rid of this) If it helps, I'm now using stock Spotify on a Galaxy S4 (AT&T) on 4.3 (rooted) with Music Boss on a Pebble smartwatch.

EDIT 2: I've found another app that adds metadata, at least for my Pebble, without giving BlueTooth errors-sorry if this is against the rules.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=260
Last edited by ender323; 26th December 2013 at 03:55 AM.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes