Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,254 Members 35,905 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] Spotify app with AVRCP bluetooth metadata

Tip us?

rooobbbbb
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMc85 View Post
I will patch the version that was just released tomorrow when I get home from work... however, no fix has been found yet for 4.3 Samsung devices, so you may still have issues as the patch will still be based on the existing code but I will post it for others not using a Samsung device to benefit from.

- Dan
Very much looking forward to it. I'm on 4.4 so the old versions have no album art for me. I'm also using ART so I can't use the xposed module and metafy is way too slow and unreliable to bother with. I'd definitely be willing to donate something for an update. Thanks for your past versions. Been using them on other devices for quite some time now.

DanMc85
Old
Thanks Meter 241

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooobbbbb View Post
Very much looking forward to it. I'm on 4.4 so the old versions have no album art for me. I'm also using ART so I can't use the xposed module and metafy is way too slow and unreliable to bother with. I'd definitely be willing to donate something for an update. Thanks for your past versions. Been using them on other devices for quite some time now.
Thanks for the reminder... I just uploaded the new version, let me know how it works. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 so I am unable to test as it crashes bluetooth on samsung 4.3 devices.
My Phones:

HTC One M8 Developer Edition, AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 x2, Samsung Galaxy S 4 32GB (i337), and Apple iPhone 5s 32GB

My Tablets:

Dell XPS 18, Apple iPad Mini Retina 32GB LTE, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE (i467), HTC Jetstream LTE (Puccini)

PayPal

The Following User Says Thank You to DanMc85 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rooobbbbb
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Thanks for the reminder... I just uploaded the new version, let me know how it works. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 so I am unable to test as it crashes bluetooth on samsung 4.3 devices.
I'm not seeing an attachment anywhere? I'd love to test it.

DanMc85
Old
Thanks Meter 241

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooobbbbb View Post
I'm not seeing an attachment anywhere? I'd love to test it.
Here: http://d-h.st/YCa
My Phones:

HTC One M8 Developer Edition, AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 x2, Samsung Galaxy S 4 32GB (i337), and Apple iPhone 5s 32GB

My Tablets:

Dell XPS 18, Apple iPad Mini Retina 32GB LTE, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE (i467), HTC Jetstream LTE (Puccini)

PayPal

The Following User Says Thank You to DanMc85 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rooobbbbb
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
So far so good, thanks so much! You rock!

Sent from my Moto X.

carltonbiscuit
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default audio ducking

DanMc85,

Thank you so much for this!! The state of the Android Spotify app is pretty sad and I don't see it changing anytime soon (there have been threads requesting this on their forms for years).

The only other feature I really want and don't expect to ever get is audio ducking (lowering the volume when you get a notification or your GPS alerts you of a turn similar to how iOS or Google Music acts instead of simply stopping the music, which is really annoying). Apparently using "AUDIOFOCUS_LOSS_TRANSIENT_CAN_DUCK" allows Android apps to lower volume during a brief loss of focus. I was wondering if you know of anyway to modify the spotify apk to do this as well. There is more info on this function here: developer.android.com/reference/android/media/AudioManager.html

I attempted to add this, and I've got the apk decompiled but that itself stretches the limits of my knowledge and I have no idea where I would put this command inside the app.

Regardless, thank you for picking up the Spotify slack and providing continued updates!

capelstmary
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Smile Gave up waiting for Spotify

Gave up waiting for Spotify to officially respond and signed up to Deezer at half price for 6 months. Everything worked straight away!

orren2002
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Still not work on S4 Bluetooth stack crash
Kjell

ender323
Old
Thanks Meter 1
App is working on my ATT Galaxy S4 running 4.3. However, bluetooth shuts down every minute or so-it reconnects, but its a pain. Any troubleshooting advice would be greatly appreciated. Other than that bug, its great work, thank you!

TT_Vert
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender323 View Post
App is working on my ATT Galaxy S4 running 4.3. However, bluetooth shuts down every minute or so-it reconnects, but its a pain. Any troubleshooting advice would be greatly appreciated. Other than that bug, its great work, thank you!
Are you getting an error when the Bluetooth disconnects? I get a Bluetooth error when I open this apk on the note 3 running 4.3 whereas the note 2 never gave this. I assume its normal and hopefully there will be a fix for a different apk..

Dave