Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 41,457 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Home-made 128 GB micro-SD

Tip us?

Techronico
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcrptguy View Post
Where can I get the adaptor? I think I might try this, I cut my otter box down the 2nd day after buying it, I now run a 6500mah extended battery inside with virtually no added thickness.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
Can you detail this 6500mAh mod?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Techronico For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stesteste
Old
Thanks Meter 240
i ordered the adapter if i remove my nfc chip from one of my backs will the sd card fit in thanks
If you like someones post pls press the "THANKS" button

kwenteen
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by stesteste View Post
i ordered the adapter if i remove my nfc chip from one of my backs will the sd card fit in thanks
Hello, if you are planning to use the entire SDcard adaptor, then no, no matter what you do, it won't fit under a normal backplate. Look at my first mod for an NOTE 1, it is way too thick !
If you are planning to drill through your back plate, then you might be able to fix the adaptor to the outside of it, but because of the different placement of the microSD slot between the note 1 and the 2, you'll have to bend the ribbon cable in a weird way ( a U shape).
Anyway, if you are planning to keep the adaptor's integrity, and the original backplate, you'll end up with something even more ugly and less usable as my first mod...
I scratched my head for a long time to figure out how to implement the mod correctly, and only fund the hard-wiring way to be doable.

Now IF you can find a back plate for huge batteries, then that would be another story !

Good luck,
boujou bien,
K.

scottmog
Old
Thanks Meter 71
that is freaking sweet, you could pull the shell of the card and replace it with tape for a much slimmer card correct?

kwenteen
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmog View Post
that is freaking sweet, you could pull the shell of the card and replace it with tape for a much slimmer card correct?
That's what I partially did, I left a piece of the shell, because the pcb of the SDcard is so thin, that it's really flimsy ! but if you plan to stick and never touch it again, that could be ok.
remember that the solder will face the battery, so to avoid it to rub against it and maybe damage it, be sure that the pressure is correctly distributed, I left a piece of the shell for it.

Boujou bien,
K
If you like it, say it Just hit the thanks one !

fade2black101
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyjr View Post
Small world eh

Im hoping the 128gb misco sd cards will be announced at CES but im not holding my breath.
+1

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
Current Devices: Samsung Galaxy Note II, LG Nexus 4

Previous Devices: HTC Wizard, HTC Kaiser, HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Desire Z, iPhone 3G, HTC Mozart, HTC EVO 3D, HTC Trophy, iPhone 4, HTC One S, iPhone 4S

MafestoPresents
Old
Thanks Meter 7
this is awesome... great soldering job!... but i noticed in the pic that you left one pin un soldered... any reason why? is it specific?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

mingkee
Old
Thanks Meter 256
Note 2 can take FAT64 FS.

stesteste
Old
Thanks Meter 240
i wonder if i can get a block of wood the same size of the sd card and hammer lighty round it on back case mybe it might mould it out abit for card to fit,,any more suggestions
If you like someones post pls press the "THANKS" button

mrcrptguy
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Yeah I'll take some pics with my wife's Iphone in a little while

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Tags
128 gb, mod, sdcard