Tip us?

farfromovin
Old
Thanks Meter 355
Default Re: Home-made 128 GB micro-SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwmxxda View Post
I'm starting mine now, will post some screens when done
I had much smaller wire but I left it at home when I went out to sea (that's when I did this). I think with the tiny wire you could position it where mine is and still have a closing battery cover. I might redo mine again with the tiny (30ga ?) wire but that flex print sucks so bad to work with...

Sent from my GIANT internet thingy.
Tmobile Note 2- powered by XDA magic.

kwenteen
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Great job !
Can you tell if your mod still allow you the use of nfc? It might affect the connection between the phone and the antenna ?
I was wondering how i could add a wireless charging mod with the sdcard mod and with the nfc still working...
If you like it, say it Just hit the thanks one !

farfromovin
Old
Thanks Meter 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwenteen View Post
Great job !
Can you tell if your mod still allow you the use of nfc? It might affect the connection between the phone and the antenna ?
I was wondering how i could add a wireless charging mod with the sdcard mod and with the nfc still working...
My NFC is in op currently, but I just need to add a little copper tape between the contacts, or re-solder the wires with the smaller ones to get the case to snap shut. The QI receivers for wireless charging sit on the battery and don't interfere with NFC at all.

ghandi2000
Old
Thanks Meter 0
wow, that's coming together nicely! i also thought the blue wires are a little on the thick side, but if that's what's available, you gotta use it!

my sd->microsd adaptor finally arrived and now i'm waiting for my 128gb kingston. when i got it i'll do a quick check to see if it works on my sensation xe, but the goal is to integrate it "completely", so the battery-cover closes securely, since i don't use any case to "cover up" my doings.
i hope i'll get it next week and will keep you updated!

the only thing i worry about it that by the time i finish this lil' project, there'll be 128gb-cards in micro-sd... ^^

farfromovin
Old
Thanks Meter 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghandi2000 View Post
wow, that's coming together nicely! i also thought the blue wires are a little on the thick side, but if that's what's available, you gotta use it!

my sd->microsd adaptor finally arrived and now i'm waiting for my 128gb kingston. when i got it i'll do a quick check to see if it works on my sensation xe, but the goal is to integrate it "completely", so the battery-cover closes securely, since i don't use any case to "cover up" my doings.
i hope i'll get it next week and will keep you updated!

the only thing i worry about it that by the time i finish this lil' project, there'll be 128gb-cards in micro-sd... ^^
Then 256gb sd cards should drop drastically in price

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

I'll redo mine next weekend and post pics. Hoping to get that cover shut

The Following User Says Thank You to farfromovin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lepapirriky
Old
Thanks Meter 45

Awesome!! And tell us where you got the wires from

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

farfromovin
Old
Thanks Meter 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepapirriky View Post
Awesome!! And tell us where you got the wires from

I re-did my mod this morning and unfortunately am unable to post pics until this weekend but it's much better than previously posted. I took out that copper wire with the blue heatshrink and used regular 30ga insulated wire that is MUCH smaller. Now the battery cover shuts, but it's just pushed out a tiny bit by the NFC connections. A small ball of copper tape should do the trick there. The battery cover shuts good enough for very tight fitting cases to be slid on I'm sure. I'm pretty happy with it now and don't plan on changing anything now
The Following User Says Thank You to farfromovin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

K.0.0.L.
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Super Ghetto!
The Following User Says Thank You to K.0.0.L. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lepapirriky
Old
Thanks Meter 45

But it does the job

farfromovin
Old
Thanks Meter 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepapirriky View Post
But it does the job

Yeah, very well too! I have my 70gb music library, 2 tv show seasons and 6 movies, several TWRP backups, and still 25gb free

Tags
128 gb, mod, sdcard