5,596,128 Members 33,344 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Home-made 128 GB micro-SD

Tip us?
 
farfromovin
Old
#71  
farfromovin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 355
Posts: 1,709
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default Re: Home-made 128 GB micro-SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwmxxda View Post
I'm starting mine now, will post some screens when done
I had much smaller wire but I left it at home when I went out to sea (that's when I did this). I think with the tiny wire you could position it where mine is and still have a closing battery cover. I might redo mine again with the tiny (30ga ?) wire but that flex print sucks so bad to work with...

Sent from my GIANT internet thingy.
Tmobile Note 2- powered by XDA magic.
 
kwenteen
Old
#72  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 47
Join Date: Apr 2009
Great job !
Can you tell if your mod still allow you the use of nfc? It might affect the connection between the phone and the antenna ?
I was wondering how i could add a wireless charging mod with the sdcard mod and with the nfc still working...
If you like it, say it Just hit the thanks one !
 
farfromovin
Old
#73  
farfromovin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 355
Posts: 1,709
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default Re: Home-made 128 GB micro-SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwenteen View Post
Great job !
Can you tell if your mod still allow you the use of nfc? It might affect the connection between the phone and the antenna ?
I was wondering how i could add a wireless charging mod with the sdcard mod and with the nfc still working...
My NFC is in op currently, but I just need to add a little copper tape between the contacts, or re-solder the wires with the smaller ones to get the case to snap shut. The QI receivers for wireless charging sit on the battery and don't interfere with NFC at all.

Sent from my GIANT internet thingy.
Tmobile Note 2- powered by XDA magic.
 
ghandi2000
Old
#74  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Feb 2013
wow, that's coming together nicely! i also thought the blue wires are a little on the thick side, but if that's what's available, you gotta use it!

my sd->microsd adaptor finally arrived and now i'm waiting for my 128gb kingston. when i got it i'll do a quick check to see if it works on my sensation xe, but the goal is to integrate it "completely", so the battery-cover closes securely, since i don't use any case to "cover up" my doings.
i hope i'll get it next week and will keep you updated!

the only thing i worry about it that by the time i finish this lil' project, there'll be 128gb-cards in micro-sd... ^^
 
farfromovin
Old
#75  
farfromovin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 355
Posts: 1,709
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default Re: Home-made 128 GB micro-SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghandi2000 View Post
wow, that's coming together nicely! i also thought the blue wires are a little on the thick side, but if that's what's available, you gotta use it!

my sd->microsd adaptor finally arrived and now i'm waiting for my 128gb kingston. when i got it i'll do a quick check to see if it works on my sensation xe, but the goal is to integrate it "completely", so the battery-cover closes securely, since i don't use any case to "cover up" my doings.
i hope i'll get it next week and will keep you updated!

the only thing i worry about it that by the time i finish this lil' project, there'll be 128gb-cards in micro-sd... ^^
Then 256gb sd cards should drop drastically in price

Sent from my GIANT internet thingy.

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

I'll redo mine next weekend and post pics. Hoping to get that cover shut

Sent from my GIANT internet thingy.
Tmobile Note 2- powered by XDA magic.
The Following User Says Thank You to farfromovin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
lepapirriky
Old
#76  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 447
Join Date: Oct 2008
Default Re: Home-made 128 GB micro-SD

Awesome!! And tell us where you got the wires from

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
 
farfromovin
Old
#77  
farfromovin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 355
Posts: 1,709
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepapirriky View Post
Awesome!! And tell us where you got the wires from

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
I re-did my mod this morning and unfortunately am unable to post pics until this weekend but it's much better than previously posted. I took out that copper wire with the blue heatshrink and used regular 30ga insulated wire that is MUCH smaller. Now the battery cover shuts, but it's just pushed out a tiny bit by the NFC connections. A small ball of copper tape should do the trick there. The battery cover shuts good enough for very tight fitting cases to be slid on I'm sure. I'm pretty happy with it now and don't plan on changing anything now
Tmobile Note 2- powered by XDA magic.
The Following User Says Thank You to farfromovin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
K.0.0.L.
Old
#78  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 110
Posts: 643
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Super Ghetto!
The Following User Says Thank You to K.0.0.L. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
lepapirriky
Old
#79  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 447
Join Date: Oct 2008
Default Re: Home-made 128 GB micro-SD

But it does the job

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
 
farfromovin
Old
#80  
farfromovin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 355
Posts: 1,709
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepapirriky View Post
But it does the job

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah, very well too! I have my 70gb music library, 2 tv show seasons and 6 movies, several TWRP backups, and still 25gb free
Tmobile Note 2- powered by XDA magic.

The Following User Says Thank You to farfromovin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
128 gb, mod, sdcard
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes