[GUIDE] Restoring Phone from Soft-Brick and FAQ [7/11]

Search This thread

humanbean

Dec 28, 2010
Kansas City, MO
LGNPST

I have done the LGNPST process twice. It reboots at 66% and hangs at the Sprint 4GLTE screen. I can't seem to get it to fully boot. Any suggestions?

javskies

Dec 17, 2012
davie
I have done the LGNPST process twice. It reboots at 66% and hangs at the Sprint 4GLTE screen. I can't seem to get it to fully boot. Any suggestions?

when the phone is off press the vol down+ home button+ power button at the same time til the captive lights flash once and let go. you will be in stock recovery, go to wipe data then factory reset i believe. you should boot up now.

Kryptonite16

Feb 9, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
ok so i was on lifeless v11, when v12 came out i tried to flash it, once the second zip came out and it was flashable, i followed the steps, flash radio, wipe everything then flash v12. i did that, i reboot it. the lg screen would come up then it would hang on a black screen. i wiped everything again and flashed back to v11 but everything is broken. everything is super laggy wifi doesn't work and neither does my service. i tried to flash stock zv9 but it also hangs in a black screen. so anything i flash that isn't lifelessv11 doesnt boot up. any ideas what i can do?:(

edit: figured out what to do nvm.

Last edited:

djsplitimage

Dec 22, 2008
when the phone is off press the vol down+ home button+ power button at the same time til the captive lights flash once and let go. you will be in stock recovery, go to wipe data then factory reset i believe. you should boot up now.

I'm having the same issue after lgpnst where it starts up and get to the 4G LTE part of the boot screen then just stays there. I tried to do the button combination you stated to get to the stock recovery but nothing comes up, phone just restarts again, I tried to get to the boot loader also (vol up & power I believe) but nothing there either......HELP!!!

touchprofan

Dec 3, 2008
Hi All,

Accessing Recovery Screen (First Step if you have bricked your phone)

4. Press volume down 2x and then the power button.

5. You should see either TWRP or CWM recovery.
I don't have a zip in my local storage!!!!

Thanks for all of it, but this in particular. I stumbled across it accidentally yesterday trying to fix a problem. Not sure how I was able to get into recovery until I read this. I was trying all kinds of combinations and eventually stumbled on it.

TJ1401

Jan 16, 2012
København
thors.webs.com
5. Select LGNPST_LS970.dll for the DLL file and then for the .bin file, use the bin file that you renamed from tot to bin.

I can only find LGNPST_Utilty2.dll is that the same file as LGNPST_LS970.dll or has i forgot something ?:confused:

mrchichow

May 13, 2008
this whole process was a hassle. i had to run windows xp in VMware because it just would work on my windows 8 64bit trying to do the LGNPST. only LGNPST_Utilty2.dl would show up. i spent hours looking things up only to realize it was so easy in windows xp.

simpkill

Nov 21, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
5. Select LGNPST_LS970.dll for the DLL file and then for the .bin file, use the bin file that you renamed from tot to bin.

I can only find LGNPST_Utilty2.dll is that the same file as LGNPST_LS970.dll or has i forgot something ?:confused:

I'm not sure if you've already figured this out, but when I LGNPST''d back in Jan. I had to register the ls970.dll with the REGSVR32 command in cmd before it would show up in the program. If you need more help let me know, i'm not super cmd prompt savy but I can figure it out.

Last edited:

phreak777

Oct 2, 2011
Owensboro
Hi All,

I've noticed that there isn't a guide that contains all the information for restoring your phone to a stock state. I recently soft-bricked my phone, and with the help of XDA and the members at IRC I was able to restore my phone. Most of these methods will require you LGNPST ; however, we'll also attempt to fix with restoring backups and flashing new roms.

This is our initial step for any problems that might arise. If you can access recovery, usually you're in a perfectly fine situation.

1. Power off your phone by holding Volume down & power at the same time.

2. When the screen shuts off, switch to entering fastboot by holding Volume Up & Power. Release immediately once you see a black screen with some text on the bottom.

3. You should see a black screen with some text at the bottom.

6. Wipe Cache, Dalvic Cache, and Factory Wipe

7. Flash new stock zip. Wipe caches again.

8. Restart.

It's okay. We can still fix this. All we need to do is sideload the zip.

On PC or Mac

1. Download the Android SDK HERE or Download Files Located below.

2. Place files on Desktop.

3. Enter Terminal or Console

4. Go to your desktop by entering

cd /Users/<username>/Desktop

The <username> is your unique information.

On Phone

1. Do step 1 -5 above.

2. On TWRP go to advanced and place your phone in ADB mode.

3. Wait for the terminal screen to come on.

After setting up the above

1. Go back to your PC and type the below.

For Windows remove the "./"

./adb sideload <filename>.zip

2. On terminal you should see the percentile for the upload.

3. Wait.

4. Do steps 6-8 on Accessing Recovery Screen

LGNPST(No Direct Links)

Getting the files to revert back to stock can only be accessed from IRC or private message me. Please, DO NOT SHARE the link.

For anyone at IRC, if I provide to much information, I will be more than willing to pull information.

IRC Here

After you've acquired the Auto-LGNPST and the .tot file which can be accessed from the Sprint Directory.

1. Run install.bat to install the necessary programs. If you are using Windows Vista or later then Run install.bat as Administrator (Right click install.bat and click Run as Administrator)

2. Download the proper factory image (should end with .tot) and rename the file from .tot to .bin (if it ends with .zip, gzip, .rar, .7z, .tar, etc. than you need to extract it first)

3. Plug your phone into the computer. Then put your phone in download mode, continue reading if your not sure how. From then power off state press and hold Volume Up + Down and then press Power. If this does not work then try again except release the power before the LG logo shows up. The phone's screen will says "Download Mode Do Not Unplug".

4. Wait for the drivers to be detected and installed. Once they are run LGNPST. To do so do the following: Click Start - All Programs (if applicable) - LGNPST

If LGNPST errors out at 85%, after a few minutes turn your phone off and hold the power button until the phone powers on, then release.

Helpful Button Presses

From Powered Down Device

Volume Up + Power = Boot into Fastboot Mode
Volume Down + Volume Up + Power (While Plugged into Computer) = Download Mode
Volume Down + Volume Up (While PLUGGING into Computer) = Download Mode

Bootloop

Volume Down + Power = Power Down

On launcher screen

Fastboot Screen

Volume Down twice, then press Power = Enter Recovery

Additional information

• There is now a v9 root method.
  • Utilize the v9 .tot avaible in XDA or IRC. v9 tot

Many people are experiencing issues when LGNPST times out at 85%, which then leads to a phone that never roots and unlocks properly. If you're still soft-bricking, follow these steps.

1. Shut the phone off by placing your phone in download mode
  2. When in download mode, hold down volume down and power for 30+ seconds
  3. When the phone is shut off, and isn't turning itself back on when no buttons are pressed, plug into a wall cahrger
  4. If you don't immediately see a charging battery, leave the charger for a considerable amount of time.

Reroot your phone after restoring

Root Device - Thanks to Engine95

Thanks
sharkboy0901
B-Breezy
AshtonTS
engine95
Folks at IRC

This is really helpful! I soft-bricked the other night after sitting in recovery too long I guess. Think it totally garbled my partition tables. Anyways, probably most easy resolution is LGNPST. It's what I would up having to do. Thanks for all the information!

omarcano

Mar 27, 2013
zVB Brick

I downloaded the android.zip and extracted the files to my desktop. Downloaded the SDK and also placed it on my desktop. When i execute the adb sideload command, cmd tells me it is not recognized as an internal or external command.

The Pug

Apr 2, 2013
Corcoran
Soft bricked my ls970 LGNPST wont see phone

:silly:Dumb Ass alert... I used gaio to root and unlock boot loader on my ls970, Rebooted my phone and it went into fastboot mode then into cwm recovery. I have never used cwm so i fastboot flash recovery twrp. Now i cannot figure out how to get ROM back on my phone. I wiped every thing because i was getting password error in twrp. Only way i could get system access was to wipe system, everything in the wipe category. lgnpst will not see my phone. Only thing i can do adb and fastboot. I tried adb sideload but keep getting md5 verification failed. I have been trying everything i can think of for about a week and cant get a ROM installed. I have another phone and insurance but i would rather take the time to figure this out. Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks

The Pug

Apr 2, 2013
Corcoran
go figure got lifeless rom installed

:silly:Dumb Ass alert... I used gaio to root and unlock boot loader on my ls970, Rebooted my phone and it went into fastboot mode then into cwm recovery. I have never used cwm so i fastboot flash recovery twrp. Now i cannot figure out how to get ROM back on my phone. I wiped every thing because i was getting password error in twrp. Only way i could get system access was to wipe system, everything in the wipe category. lgnpst will not see my phone. Only thing i can do adb and fastboot. I tried adb sideload but keep getting md5 verification failed. I have been trying everything i can think of for about a week and cant get a ROM installed. I have another phone and insurance but i would rather take the time to figure this out. Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks

20 minutes after I resorted to asking for help I got the lifeless ROM installed. Sweet Y'ALL!!!!!:laugh:

mobius1484

Jun 5, 2012
Clinton, UT
Well, I just got a replacement phone and rooted and unlocked on ZVB. It said it installed CWM, so I figured I would update to TWRP before rebooting into recovery and flashing. I have been unable to get into the recovery, nor the bootloader, and the phone won't boot, it gets stuck on the LG logo. Idk what happened. The script said everything went fine. I can get into download mode. I'm guessing I'll have to use LGNPST to restore it? Any advice guys?

hugeproblem

Apr 4, 2013
I'm using LGNPST to recover a phone that shut off during a backup within recovery mode. The phone would not boot but would go to the fast boot screen, and USB recover. It also flashes the red led and soft key lights alternating when plugged into a wall charger. When running LGNPST the install process freezes at 67% and then after some time will skip to 85% and will error like troubleshooted in the first post (I also let the phone plugged into the charger for about an hour). However I followed the steps and I'm still getting this error. Is my error different or am I missing something.

TaviRawr

Jul 26, 2012
Killeen
My phone is soft bricked. I can get into download mode and everything but I am terrified.
I had the ZVB 4.1.2 jb update and I tried unlocking bootloader but it soft bricked my phone. What do I do in download mode?
SOmeone please help me this is urgent.

WeAreGuns

Sep 4, 2012
Stuck on LG load screen

I rooted my phone VIA http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2050582, Engine95's root method and I used FreeGee to to unlock my bootloader and install TWRP 2.5.0.0. After trying numerous times to boot into recovery mode VIA Volume Up + Power I am now stuck on the black screen with the LG logo permanently.

Edit: I can get to download mode. I do not have these LGNPST files, but from what I understand that seems to be the solution. How do I go about getting them if I don't have IRC? I could also use a few further instructions.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    !!!!!!!NOTE!!!!!!!

USE TEENYBIN IN DEV SECTION

!!!!!!!!NOTE!!!!!!

Hi All,

I've noticed that there isn't a guide that contains all the information for restoring your phone to a stock state. I recently soft-bricked my phone, and with the help of XDA and the members at IRC I was able to restore my phone. Most of these methods will require you LGNPST ; however, we'll also attempt to fix with restoring backups and flashing new roms.

This is our initial step for any problems that might arise. If you can access recovery, usually you're in a perfectly fine situation.

1. Power off your phone by holding Volume down & power at the same time.

2. When the screen shuts off, switch to entering fastboot by holding Volume Up & Power. Release immediately once you see a black screen with some text on the bottom.

3. You should see a black screen with some text at the bottom.

6. Wipe Cache, Dalvic Cache, and Factory Wipe

7. Flash new stock zip. Wipe caches again.

8. Restart.

It's okay. We can still fix this. All we need to do is sideload the zip.

On PC or Mac

1. Download the Android SDK HERE or Download Files Located below.

2. Place files on Desktop.

3. Enter Terminal or Console

4. Go to your desktop by entering

cd /Users//Desktop

The is your unique information.

On Phone

1. Do step 1 -5 above.

2. On TWRP go to advanced and place your phone in ADB mode.

3. Wait for the terminal screen to come on.

After setting up the above

1. Go back to your PC and type the below.

For Windows remove the "./"

./adb sideload .zip

2. On terminal you should see the percentile for the upload.

3. Wait.

4. Do steps 6-8 on Accessing Recovery Screen

LGNPST(No Direct Links)

Getting the files to revert back to stock can only be accessed from IRC or private message me. Please, DO NOT SHARE the link.

For anyone at IRC, if I provide to much information, I will be more than willing to pull information.

IRC Here

After you've acquired the Auto-LGNPST and the .tot file which can be accessed from the Sprint Directory.

1. Run install.bat to install the necessary programs. If you are using Windows Vista or later then Run install.bat as Administrator (Right click install.bat and click Run as Administrator)

2. Download the proper factory image (should end with .tot) and rename the file from .tot to .bin (if it ends with .zip, gzip, .rar, .7z, .tar, etc. than you need to extract it first)

3. Plug your phone into the computer. Then put your phone in download mode, continue reading if your not sure how. From then power off state press and hold Volume Up + Down and then press Power. If this does not work then try again except release the power before the LG logo shows up. The phone's screen will says "Download Mode Do Not Unplug".

4. Wait for the drivers to be detected and installed. Once they are run LGNPST. To do so do the following: Click Start - All Programs (if applicable) - LGNPST

If LGNPST errors out at 85%, after a few minutes turn your phone off and hold the power button until the phone powers on, then release.

Helpful Button Presses

From Powered Down Device

Volume Up + Power = Boot into Fastboot Mode
    Volume Down + Volume Up + Power (While Plugged into Computer) = Download Mode
    Volume Down + Volume Up (While PLUGGING into Computer) = Download Mode

Bootloop

On launcher screen

Fastboot Screen

Volume Down twice, then press Power = Enter Recovery

Additional information

• There is now a v9 root method.
    • Utilize the v9 .tot avaible in XDA or IRC. v9 tot

Many people are experiencing issues when LGNPST times out at 85%, which then leads to a phone that never roots and unlocks properly. If you're still soft-bricking, follow these steps.

1. Shut the phone off by placing your phone in download mode
    2. When in download mode, hold down volume down and power for 30+ seconds
    3. When the phone is shut off, and isn't turning itself back on when no buttons are pressed, plug into a wall cahrger
    4. If you don't immediately see a charging battery, leave the charger for a considerable amount of time.

Reroot your phone after restoring

Root Device - Thanks to Engine95

Thanks
    sharkboy0901
    B-Breezy
    AshtonTS
    engine95
    Folks at IRC

I LGNSPT-ed 4 times in the past 12 hours and it's not helping. It errors out at 85% and sits at the LG screen until it dies.
    I used the ZVB file. Plx help.

it keeps getting stuck at 60%. Any ideas?

I don't know if I'm too late to help but lgpnst works even thought it stops short
    During the LGNPST process in OP, when I plug in my phone and set it to download mode, it crashes my PC ???? I am on Windows8 64 bit
    any ideas ... also in LGNPST program I cannot click on Select DLL, my clicks dont register???

That;s odd. I have windows 8 also and it worked fine. Try the updated drivers that engine's root thread has.
    Very nice. Thank you! This'll help alot of us.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium