Best buy price match for note 2

Search This thread

damnitdave

Nov 12, 2010
Was wondering if anyone on here has printed out from amazon wireless or walmart.com and taken it to best buy to get a price match when activating a new line. Just wanna see if their are some tips before i head over to best buy and see that would do a price match.

twe90kid

Jan 20, 2008
Was wondering if anyone on here has printed out from amazon wireless or walmart.com and taken it to best buy to get a price match when activating a new line. Just wanna see if their are some tips before i head over to best buy and see that would do a price match.

i did the pricematch on an upgrade line... not too hard.

austin420

Jan 8, 2009
kansas city mo
i did this also. best buy price matched the 149 new line note on amazon as an upgrade. when it dropped to 99, i just took the print out back in and they gave me a 50 dollar gift card since i was within my return period.

damnitdave

Nov 12, 2010
Yeah im about to take a print out of the amazon wireless into bestbuy, i had only christmas money to play with to buy a phone and i went with the optimus G... but if i can get a price match for amazon wireless i would be happy to fork up an extra 70 bucks for the note 2... should i call around first or actually go into a best buy?

scoobmd

Jan 17, 2008
It was very subjective at the two Best Buys I talked to before. Try calling and make sure you get the name.

The second store was going to price match but then could not because I was on SERO.

Last edited:

drpal181

Mar 25, 2008
They can price match the note because amazon is the seller not a third party store. The guy I talk too at first said no because the note could not be bought of the moble version of the website. I told him he had to go to the full site to buy the phone by pressing on the hyperlink. It is amazing a phone rep did not his brower could veiw full sites. I got the price match rate at 149 on monday. It went up to 249 the next day.

ntron1

Apr 11, 2009
I walked in and told them I wanted to return the phone. They asked why. I told them it was 1/2 price on Amazon. They looked it up and refunded me the $150 + tax.

anidrin

May 3, 2007
I took advantage of it and got the note 2 for 49.99 and t the galaxy s3 for a penny by price matching Amazon. The mobile stores won't if they are back ordered, but the big box store gave me no trouble an hour later.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

damnitdave

Nov 12, 2010
So an update, just got back and ended up getting it for $139.99... i guess the chick i talked to thought it was a new line when it was an add a line... so with my return of the optimus g and the case... i ended up paying around $20 bucks... pretty smooth transaction with no questions asked besides why i was switching

Reactions: DenusAndre

ishsed

Oct 25, 2008
note 2

so can anybody help me out i have a upgrade and i won't to get the phone and price match it at best buy. but i just check the amazon wireless website and as i can see all the prices went back up to 250 even for a new line. Im just trying to get the note 2 for a great deal.

---------- Post added at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

i did this also. best buy price matched the 149 new line note on amazon as an upgrade. when it dropped to 99, i just took the print out back in and they gave me a 50 dollar gift card since i was within my return period.

so you was able to use your upgrade and get the note 2 for the price listed for a new line

imiller913

May 23, 2012
I printed out the page when amazon had the note 2 for $99 went to best buy and ended up upgrading two lines at the new customer price.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

morbiddevil82

Aug 5, 2010
Rogers, AR
Didnt work for me when i got this phone in december.. they said the amazon one wasnt in stock and its against policy.. even if i had a printout of the chat with them saying they could match it

Sent from my big big BIG iphone killer.

ishsed

Oct 25, 2008
I printed out the page when amazon had the note 2 for $99 went to best buy and ended up upgrading two lines at the new customer price.

im going to try that. do you thinks it better to go in the store or call first and see if i can get my phone upgraded, at adding a new line prices. amazon wireless has the phone for 169 if you add a line.

Last edited:

yankees45us

May 5, 2008
im going to try that. do you thinks it better to go in the store or call first and see if i can get my phone upgraded, at adding a new line prices. amazon wireless has the phone for 169 if you add a line.

I would just go in. If at first they deny then ask for a manager. If in the end it doesn't work then call the 1800 number. Their policy right now is to price match online retailers. They have to honor it. Unless the policy just ended since the holidays are over.

Sent from my Amazing Galaxy Note 2!

crzycrkr

Jun 26, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I just picked one up from best buy and had them price match Amazon. No problems at all so I walked out with one for $139.99 plus tax. All the money I saved just got plunked down on accessories on Amazon

yankees45us

May 5, 2008
I just picked one up from best buy and had them price match Amazon. No problems at all so I walked out with one for $139.99 plus tax. All the money I saved just got plunked down on accessories on Amazon

With this phone you been never have too many accessories. Gotta protect it due to its plastic body..That's the only complaint I have.

Sent from my Amazing Galaxy Note 2!

Reactions: ac16313

imiller913

May 23, 2012

When I saw it was $99 I just printed it out and went in. Didnt want to ask over the phone becasue since its new the probably would have said no right off the bat. Sorry for the slow response.

Top Liked Posts