Ask a question

No registration required

Best buy price match for note 2

OP damnitdave

4th January 2013, 05:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 20

95 posts
Was wondering if anyone on here has printed out from amazon wireless or walmart.com and taken it to best buy to get a price match when activating a new line. Just wanna see if their are some tips before i head over to best buy and see that would do a price match.
4th January 2013, 06:01 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 463

1,627 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by damnitdave

Was wondering if anyone on here has printed out from amazon wireless or walmart.com and taken it to best buy to get a price match when activating a new line. Just wanna see if their are some tips before i head over to best buy and see that would do a price match.

i did the pricematch on an upgrade line... not too hard.
4th January 2013, 06:06 PM   |  #3  
Flag kansas city mo
Thanks Meter: 416

1,462 posts
More
i did this also. best buy price matched the 149 new line note on amazon as an upgrade. when it dropped to 99, i just took the print out back in and they gave me a 50 dollar gift card since i was within my return period.
4th January 2013, 06:09 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

95 posts
Yeah im about to take a print out of the amazon wireless into bestbuy, i had only christmas money to play with to buy a phone and i went with the optimus G... but if i can get a price match for amazon wireless i would be happy to fork up an extra 70 bucks for the note 2... should i call around first or actually go into a best buy?
4th January 2013, 06:32 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 50

229 posts
More
It was very subjective at the two Best Buys I talked to before. Try calling and make sure you get the name.

The second store was going to price match but then could not because I was on SERO.
Last edited by scoobmd; 4th January 2013 at 06:54 PM.
4th January 2013, 07:04 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
I did And got it for 149.99 If its on backorder Then theyWill only do it for 199.99

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
4th January 2013, 07:16 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 3

66 posts
They can price match the note because amazon is the seller not a third party store. The guy I talk too at first said no because the note could not be bought of the moble version of the website. I told him he had to go to the full site to buy the phone by pressing on the hyperlink. It is amazing a phone rep did not his brower could veiw full sites. I got the price match rate at 149 on monday. It went up to 249 the next day.
4th January 2013, 07:25 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 10

161 posts
I walked in and told them I wanted to return the phone. They asked why. I told them it was 1/2 price on Amazon. They looked it up and refunded me the $150 + tax.
4th January 2013, 07:52 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 22

71 posts
Donate to Me
More
I took advantage of it and got the note 2 for 49.99 and t the galaxy s3 for a penny by price matching Amazon. The mobile stores won't if they are back ordered, but the big box store gave me no trouble an hour later.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
4th January 2013, 07:58 PM   |  #10  
OP Member

95 posts
So an update, just got back and ended up getting it for $139.99... i guess the chick i talked to thought it was a new line when it was an add a line... so with my return of the optimus g and the case... i ended up paying around $20 bucks... pretty smooth transaction with no questions asked besides why i was switching

The Following User Says Thank You to damnitdave For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread