[Guide][Script]How to increase the Internal Memory

Search This thread

Sniper Killer

Dec 16, 2012
Tirana, Albania
HI ! In this tutorial i am going to show ya all How to Increase the Internal Memory on SGA GT-S5830i.
This tutorial is not my work. I have taken other tutorials and made one full. As many people were a bit confused about doing this , here it is the all in one tutorial :D

What do you need :
- CronMod Script
- CWM
- Brain
- Latest Rafael.Baugis Kernels

CronMod Script by Styrke link : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1955422
- Now download the "Cronmod Unofficial by Styrke" from the thread ( I strongly recommand it , not the other versions because it doesn't lag and GPS works )
- Place it on SD Card after 1st step [ Partition SD Card step ]

Now we are going to make a partition to the SD Card so backup all your SD Card before doing this ( It formats it )

ClockWorkMod Recovery link : http://www.mediafire.com/?a4j6zsoyaihhy60

Link2SD : Link in PlayStore ( Download when it's time to download on the installation steps lol :silly: )

OK , Let's start now :

Partition SD Card :

1) Open CWM Recovery
2) Go to "Advanced"
3) Select "Partition SD Card"
4) Choose your SD-ext size (if you’re using a 2Gb SD card, choose 512Mb. If your SD card is 4Gb or greater, you can choose 1024Mb)
5) Select "0M" Swap.
6) Wait for the procces finish.
7) Reboot.
8) Now download Link2SD from Playstore.
9) Open Link2SD you will be prompted to choose between ext2, ext3, ext4 or FAT32.
10) First , Choose ext2. If it don't work then restart Link2SD and when then don't choose ext2 but ext4. ( Don't worry , it works )
11) It will say mount script created. Reboot your phone now.
12) Open link2sd and if the message doesn’t show up, you succeded.
13) Go to Link2sd>Settings>check the autolink.
14) To check your memory, select “Storage Info”. This will show you the current state of your internal memory, FAT32, and ext2 partition.

Placing the 2nd partition of SD Card to internal.

15) Now your SD Card is formated .
16) Place the CronMod Script on your SD Card ( Cronmod Unofficial file )
17) Open CWM again
18) Foramt /data /sd-ext /system
19) Mount /system
20) Flash custom rom
21) Remount /system
22) Flash "Cronmod Unofficial " script.
23) Reboot

Alternative mod : If you have already your custom ROM just do these easy steps :

1) Format /data /sd-ext
2) Mount /system
3) Flash "Cronmod Unofficial" script
4) Reboot

NOW YOU SUCCESFULLY INCREASED YOUR INTERNAL MEMORY

How to delete 2nd partition and revert to normally :

1) Go to CWM
2) Go to Mounts and Storage
3) Choose " format /sdcard "
4) Done

Note : Backup everything again or you will lose every app installed on 2nd Partition too.

Press Thanks if i helped you ;)

Credits :

1) Styrke ( For the Cronmod Script )
2) Adam Parnala ( Link2SD Tutorial )
3) Me for writing this TUT :p

Last edited:

adithya890

Sep 4, 2012
Mysore
how do I format sd card partition ??
any thing other than mini tool partision wizard ??
Sent from my GT-S5830i using xda app-developers app

Androidnow

Mar 1, 2012
New Delhi
No no ! No tool needed and what do you mean to format it ? Ah, if you mean the 2nd partion just format/wipe the /sd-ext on the mounts and storage on CWM . But it is unnessesary becouse the 2nd partition is transfered to the the internal memory.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Did you check your gps? It didnt work for me. I also prefer data2sd script but gps didnt work on it.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Sniper Killer

Dec 16, 2012
Tirana, Albania
recommend fresh rom... rom with lot of appk maybe bootloop...no need link2sd... easy way, flash rom, flash kernel(boot.img & module) mount system & flash cronmod unofficial by styrke(latest script).. done... depend of what rom, maybe no need to mount system... kernel also, no need flash if rom include lattest kernel...:silly: adios...

#remember, create partition with cwm its totally format your sdcard... before do this, save data sdcard to pc/laptop... only left behind cwm.zip... when done, move back saving data to sdcard... when all its ready, happy flashing lol...

LOL ! Isn't this what have you said already on the TUT !!! ? :eek: And without Link2SD you idiot , you can't choose the system files betwee ext2 olr ext4 or whatever !!! ( sorry fr the word "idiot' LOL :p )

Reactions: Prinzzian

michielvDroid

Aug 11, 2012
michielv.eu
Please change the font color of the first post.
It's unreadable with the dark theme of the xda app.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using xda app-developers app

Munchkin86

Apr 22, 2012
Hey I followed your whole procedure,

but I got stocked when I wanted to apply the data2ext-fixed file

During my stock rom, I had partionated my sd-card on windows computer, not with CWM, but after I used ur guide, I partionated it again with CWM, so now it should have the structure given by CWM, right?

But here is the problem. In CWM I don't get the option "Format /data /sd-ext" there are just the following options: format "/data or /sdcard or /system or /cache" but no option "Format /data /sd-ext"

So might it be that CWM didn't apply the extention right?
When I open Link2SD it does all the things it should do, but the internal memory is rising, so maybe it is not putting the files in the right place, someone said instead of putting them to "sd-ext" it is putting them to "sdext2"

Another point: In the tutorial u mentioned after step 14)

"Placing the 2nd partition of SD Card to internal." Is that a point I have to do?
Because right now the 2nd partition is sdext2, but it is still not preventing that the internal memory is rising.

Hope u can help me to solve this problem.

uchihachi

Aug 30, 2012

During my stock rom, I had partionated my sd-card on windows computer, not with CWM, but after I used ur guide, I partionated it again with CWM, so now it should have the structure given by CWM, right?

But here is the problem. In CWM I don't get the option "Format /data /sd-ext" there are just the following options: format "/data or /sdcard or /system or /cache" but no option "Format /data /sd-ext"

When I open Link2SD it does all the things it should do, but the internal memory is rising, so maybe it is not putting the files in the right place, someone said instead of putting them to "sd-ext" it is putting them to "sdext2"

"Placing the 2nd partition of SD Card to internal." Is that a point I have to do?
Because right now the 2nd partition is sdext2, but it is still not preventing that the internal memory is rising.

LOL. Of course there is no such option like Format /data /sd-ext. What he mean is format your data and sd-ext one by one. Meaning you should format data 1st, After finished format sd-ext.

And for your second point problem, it is a title. Not a step to follow.

Munchkin86

Apr 22, 2012
LOL. Of course there is no such option like Format /data /sd-ext. What he mean is format your data and sd-ext one by one. Meaning you should format data 1st, After finished format sd-ext.

Ok, but in CWM there are only the options "format data" and "format sd-card" so in this case "sd-card" and "sd-ext" is the same?
Because I don't want that the ext3 which i partitioned before will be deleted and the sd-card will only consist of one partition and not "sd-card" by itself and "ext3" part on the sd-card.
If i push "format sd-card" it will not destroy the partitions which i created before?

uchihachi

Aug 30, 2012
Ok, but in CWM there are only the options "format data" and "format sd-card" so in this case "sd-card" and "sd-ext" is the same?
Because I don't want that the ext3 which i partitioned before will be deleted and the sd-card will only consist of one partition and not "sd-card" by itself and "ext3" part on the sd-card.
If i push "format sd-card" it will not destroy the partitions which i created before?

Ha? Thats wierd. Actually you should see many option which one you wanna format in 'mount and storage'. Which version of CWM do you use? Where do you get it?

Sent from my GT-S5830i using xda premium

Sniper Killer

Dec 16, 2012
Tirana, Albania

LOL , data2ext script is only for ext2 first and you should go to mounts and systems and format /sd-ext and data as i said in the instructions . If you can't see any , buy some glasses :p You haven't seen correctly ! Follow d steps carefully. It's a bit complied so you should keep an eye to the thread and an eye to the phone :p .. And yes if you format /sdcard your partition will revert back , so you will uninstall it

Munchkin86

Apr 22, 2012
LOL , data2ext script is only for ext2 first and you should go to mounts and systems and format /sd-ext and data as i said in the instructions . If you can't see any , buy some glasses :p You haven't seen correctly ! Follow d steps carefully. It's a bit complied so you should keep an eye to the thread and an eye to the phone :p .. And yes if you format /sdcard your partition will revert back , so you will uninstall it

Thank you for the answers.

So yeah maybe the CWM version I'm using is outdated.

So let me ask this
in this thread there are some files to root and also have CWM.
My phone is rooted, so which file (i think they should be most up-to-date CWM-files, right?) should I download and use for CWM?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1551156

So another question, so you said the partition should be ext2 not ext3, otherwise the data2ext script doesn't work, right?

I think I can't see the "format sd-ext" option, because my CWM is outdated, which version should I install? Where is the link for the most current- or usable version? Should I get the ClockWorkRec_S5830C-i-M.zip from the thread mentioned above?

Ha? Thats wierd. Actually you should see many option which one you wanna format in 'mount and storage'. Which version of CWM do you use? Where do you get it?

Sent from my GT-S5830i using xda premium

I got it from a german android website called: android-hilfe.de but yeah I also think that the CWM is not up-to-date.

Anyway still thanks for your help.

Reactions: emphaty

emphaty

Aug 3, 2006

So let me ask this
My phone is rooted, so which file (i think they should be most up-to-date CWM-files, right?) should I download and use for CWM?

So another question, so you said the partition should be ext2 not ext3, otherwise the data2ext script doesn't work, right?

I think I can't see the "format sd-ext" option, because my CWM is outdated, which version should I install? Where is the link for the most current- or usable version? Should I get the ClockWorkRec_S5830C-i-M.zip from the thread mentioned above?

I got it from a german android website called: android-hilfe.de but yeah I also think that the CWM is not up-to-date.

Yes, use CWM from rafael kernel thread..

Thanks !

uchihachi

Aug 30, 2012

So let me ask this

Yes. You can use CWM from that thread.

Press thanks button if our post helped.

Reactions: Munchkin86

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HI ! In this tutorial i am going to show ya all How to Increase the Internal Memory on SGA GT-S5830i.
    This tutorial is not my work. I have taken other tutorials and made one full. As many people were a bit confused about doing this , here it is the all in one tutorial :D

What do you need :
    - CronMod Script
    - CWM
    - Brain
    - Latest Rafael.Baugis Kernels

CronMod Script by Styrke link : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1955422
    - Now download the "Cronmod Unofficial by Styrke" from the thread ( I strongly recommand it , not the other versions because it doesn't lag and GPS works )

Now we are going to make a partition to the SD Card so backup all your SD Card before doing this ( It formats it )

ClockWorkMod Recovery link : http://www.mediafire.com/?a4j6zsoyaihhy60

Link2SD : Link in PlayStore ( Download when it's time to download on the installation steps lol :silly: )

OK , Let's start now :

Partition SD Card :

1) Open CWM Recovery
    2) Go to "Advanced"
    3) Select "Partition SD Card"
    4) Choose your SD-ext size (if you’re using a 2Gb SD card, choose 512Mb. If your SD card is 4Gb or greater, you can choose 1024Mb)
    5) Select "0M" Swap.
    6) Wait for the procces finish.
    7) Reboot.
    8) Now download Link2SD from Playstore.
    9) Open Link2SD you will be prompted to choose between ext2, ext3, ext4 or FAT32.
    10) First , Choose ext2. If it don't work then restart Link2SD and when then don't choose ext2 but ext4. ( Don't worry , it works )
    11) It will say mount script created. Reboot your phone now.
    12) Open link2sd and if the message doesn’t show up, you succeded.
    13) Go to Link2sd>Settings>check the autolink.
    14) To check your memory, select “Storage Info”. This will show you the current state of your internal memory, FAT32, and ext2 partition.

Placing the 2nd partition of SD Card to internal.

15) Now your SD Card is formated .
    16) Place the CronMod Script on your SD Card ( Cronmod Unofficial file )
    17) Open CWM again
    18) Foramt /data /sd-ext /system
    19) Mount /system
    20) Flash custom rom
    21) Remount /system
    22) Flash "Cronmod Unofficial " script.
    23) Reboot

Alternative mod : If you have already your custom ROM just do these easy steps :

1) Format /data /sd-ext
    2) Mount /system
    3) Flash "Cronmod Unofficial" script
    4) Reboot

NOW YOU SUCCESFULLY INCREASED YOUR INTERNAL MEMORY

How to delete 2nd partition and revert to normally :

1) Go to CWM
    2) Go to Mounts and Storage
    3) Choose " format /sdcard "
    4) Done

Note : Backup everything again or you will lose every app installed on 2nd Partition too.

Press Thanks if i helped you ;)

Credits :

1) Styrke ( For the Cronmod Script )
    2) Adam Parnala ( Link2SD Tutorial )
    3) Me for writing this TUT :p
    Wrong Section

Guides are for General Section

This is my first thread, sorry I'm a bit noob :p
    No no ! No tool needed and what do you mean to format it ? Ah, if you mean the 2nd partion just format/wipe the /sd-ext on the mounts and storage on CWM . But it is unnessesary becouse the 2nd partition is transfered to the the internal memory.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

can u tell me how to do it in JELLY BLAST V3.4.plzzzz give detailed steps.

Sorry , I haven't said there that RAFAEL.BAUGIS KERNELS NEEDED ! It's my mistake ! IT's universal for all d roms ! But JellyBlast v.3 doesn't have the Rafael baugis kernels , but if you have it it's ok . follow d steps !normally !