Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[XT925] Downgrade to ICS stock rom ! Root any JB rom !

OP thund3rbay

14th January 2013, 04:32 AM   |  #11  
Flag Sherwood Park, AB
Thanks Meter: 20

214 posts
More
So, what exactly is the point of the DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.10? I reverted back to stock ICS by deleting that partition line and the getvar line and flashing via RSD Lite.

If you have to delete the <step operation="flash" partition="partition" filename="partition_signed" MD5="0c0917493a29c487f87434a0997c3048" /> line, that just means that there's still something irreversible after going JB.

Update: My SD card is not accessible after doing things my way.

Update 2: I think I'm retarded... I had my USB settings in Mass Storage mode (which blocks me from my SD card from my phone).
Last edited by Scourge1024; 14th January 2013 at 06:11 AM.
17th February 2013, 10:50 PM   |  #12  
Flag Villeurbanne
Thanks Meter: 10

164 posts
More
Re: [XT925] Downgrade to ICS stock rom ! Root any JB rom !
Hi,

What is that "partition" line do anyway? Can we delete it without consequences ?

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app
3rd May 2013, 09:21 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
I am on stock ICS Telcel Rom with unlocked bootloader.
Tried to upgrade to Brasilian Retail 4.1.2 FW using RDS lite 6.0.

1. The power in the house went down, resulting a Fail in the flashing process.
2. Booting up the phone brings me straight to Fastboot saying: Fastboot reason: Flash Failure.
3. Selecting "Normal Powerup" the phone boots to my stock ICS.
4. I tried flashing the Stock ROM through RDS Lite, but it gives me a "Partition_signed" error

I believe that my Fastboot is somehow corrupted and i want to try the following method to recover:

1. Download Telcel Stock Rom
2. Edit the .xml file removing the lines:
a. <step operation="flash" partition="partition" filename="partition_signed" MD5="0c0917493a29c487f87434a0997c3048" />
b. Getvar line
3. Install the ROM using RDS lite 6.0

Is this the correct way? Also: what does eliminating the "Step operation.." line means?

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scourge1024

So, what exactly is the point of the DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.10? I reverted back to stock ICS by deleting that partition line and the getvar line and flashing via RSD Lite.

If you have to delete the <step operation="flash" partition="partition" filename="partition_signed" MD5="0c0917493a29c487f87434a0997c3048" /> line, that just means that there's still something irreversible after going JB.

Update: My SD card is not accessible after doing things my way.

Update 2: I think I'm retarded... I had my USB settings in Mass Storage mode (which blocks me from my SD card from my phone).

What do you mean when you say: "...That just means that there's still something irreversible after going JB".
Last edited by elcacho; 3rd May 2013 at 08:54 PM. Reason: grammatical corrections
4th September 2013, 04:16 AM   |  #14  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 7

32 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcacho

I am on stock ICS Telcel Rom with unlocked bootloader.
Tried to upgrade to Brasilian Retail 4.1.2 FW using RDS lite 6.0.

1. The power in the house went down, resulting a Fail in the flashing process.
2. Booting up the phone brings me straight to Fastboot saying: Fastboot reason: Flash Failure.
3. Selecting "Normal Powerup" the phone boots to my stock ICS.
4. I tried flashing the Stock ROM through RDS Lite, but it gives me a "Partition_signed" error

I believe that my Fastboot is somehow corrupted and i want to try the following method to recover:

1. Download Telcel Stock Rom
2. Edit the .xml file removing the lines:
a. <step operation="flash" partition="partition" filename="partition_signed" MD5="0c0917493a29c487f87434a0997c3048" />
b. Getvar line
3. Install the ROM using RDS lite 6.0

Is this the correct way? Also: what does eliminating the "Step operation.." line means?[COLOR="Silver"]

It shouldn't harm your cellphone, it is weird that it boots normally on your stock ics rom though..
Try to do a full revert to stock and see what it gets you.

My understanding is that the "step operation" delete eliminates some verifications that Rsd lite does before flashing, it is useful if your phone is hanging in some part of the process, it it isn't, it doesn't make any difference (but it normally WILL hang in some part of the process )
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread