5,604,507 Members 46,616 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] [UNBRICK][ROOT] FLASH Any LG Factory ROM (kdz) WITH OFFLINE FIX

Tip us?

inotis
Old
(Last edited by inotis; 19th January 2013 at 01:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Perfect!!! I follow the downgrade guide to 10A and the root and all went smoth!!! Well done!!! P760 , voodoo root keeper and update to 10e rooted!!!

cmahendra
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3186
Quote:
Originally Posted by artit View Post
Rooted my P768f (V10D - Thailand) by downgrade to P768 (V10A - Vietnam). But don't do factory reset, cannot connect to 3G after factory reset (Edge only). Just flash V10A and root it after phone reboot.

I also try update to V10D again (change my phone model back to P768f) but root is gone.
Good you could root.

Same thing happened with me. Rooted with V10C and when upgraded to V10d root was gone. But two pals were saying, they could retain root from Rooted V10a to V10d. Strange but its confirmed few posts up.
Its my "WIN" & Revenging me will just prove you loser.
List of all Roms for A116 & A117
SLD-ULTIMATE, BUGLESS Micromax A116 and A117 ROM
My son Antariksh's (16yrs) Lite+Fast SuperLuminaL LG L9
DAD-SON Rockon XDA
>FLASH LG PHONE (OFFLINE FIX METHOD)
>KDZ EXTRACTION TOOL
>FASTER Root L9 on Unlocked BL
>GUIDE2ROOT L9 with Lelus method Locked BL
>Collection LG L9 ROMS, ROOT, BB, BL
>My P765 on V20D HK with India BB
>L9 CWM Backup
Hit thanks if liked

cmahendra
Old
(Last edited by cmahendra; 25th January 2013 at 10:47 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3186
Quote:
Originally Posted by inotis View Post
Perfect!!! I follow the downgrade guide to 10A and the root and all went smooth!!! Well done!!! P760 , voodoo root keeper and update to 10e rooted!!!
Glad, now more P760 pals can use this method. Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roker1 View Post
Can somebody help me? Im an italian boy so i dont understand all you wrote in first page, especially i didnt understand where i have to extract the RootL9.zip...what does it means "extract to root of C"??
unzip the zipped file to C drive. It will create a folder as Root and there will be files inside the folder.

How should I explain in more simpler english than this? sorry I dont know italian.
DAD-SON Rockon XDA
>KDZ EXTRACTION TOOL
>L9 CWM Backup
Hit thanks if liked

Mr.Brown94
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default Remove Brand Fw

I wish to ask you a question.
I have a Lg p760 branded by ''Tim'' with fw V10B (P76010b-222-01)
I tried to flash The open Europe fw V10A without any brand but after flashing this V10A_00.kdz
I got that my phone was downgraded to V10A and seems to be unbranded but when i look for OTA update it says i'm running the latest version.
I think it's linked to the code P76010a-222-01 that prevents the phone to find OTA , Lg tool finds the update but if i'll try it i'll came back to brand ''Tim'' Version.
Do you think is possible that Lg kdz flasher recognise the S/N of my phone and give the Fw the -222-01 extension?
Do you think is possible to overpass this by following your guide?

Thank you

cmahendra
Old
(Last edited by cmahendra; 18th January 2013 at 08:20 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Brown94 View Post
I wish to ask you a question.
I have a Lg p760 branded by ''Tim'' with fw V10B (P76010b-222-01)
I tried to flash The open Europe fw V10A without any brand but after flashing this V10A_00.kdz
I got that my phone was downgraded to V10A and seems to be unbranded but when i look for OTA update it says i'm running the latest version.
I think it's linked to the code P76010a-222-01 that prevents the phone to find OTA , Lg tool finds the update but if i'll try it i'll came back to brand ''Tim'' Version.
Do you think is possible that Lg kdz flasher recognise the S/N of my phone and give the Fw the -222-01 extension?
Do you think is possible to overpass this by following your guide?

Thank you
Generally, LG Update Tool on pc, should connect to LG Server, should read your IMEI and suggest a new available rom on server, then download it to pc and then flash it. So its obvious that LG can read and store your IMEI (and s/n) for their internal record purpose. Not necessarily, but well every company keeps logs. Not a big secret.

And yes, it seems you did not read the first post carefully. It says "by fooling LG Software Update Tool", which means this procedure does not allow LG TOOL to connect to LG Server at all, by creating a temporary LG webserver (and working fake lg website) on your pc and flashes the already downloaded KDZ bypassing some steps of lg tools.

And yes, with this method, the company wont have a clue that anyone did anything on their pcs. Complete anonymity, So relax.

EDIT: At the end of step three you can see the stupid looking website with http://127.0.0.1:9002/ which actually is redirection of (http:// csmg . lgmobile . com : 9002).

More information: LG Update Tool is one of many LG's proprietary software which are used by their service centers and customers to restore device with latest rom (and it generally works with working fast internet connection too).
DAD-SON Rockon XDA
>KDZ EXTRACTION TOOL
>L9 CWM Backup
Hit thanks if liked
The Following User Says Thank You to cmahendra For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Roker1
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmahendra View Post
Please inform which variant of L9? Which rom you downgraded and rooted. The information can help some more people.

unzip the zipped file to C drive. It will create a folder as Root and there will be files inside the folder.

How the hell should I explain in more simple english than this? sorry I dont know italian.
Can i unzip it on the desktop?! And in this way what i have to put into prompt command?

artit
Old
Thanks Meter 582
Quote:
Can i unzip it on the desktop?! And in this way what i have to put into prompt command?
if you use Windows 7

1. Click start (bottom-left Windows Logo)
2. Type cmd
3. cmd.exe should show up. right click it and select "Run as Administrator". The command prompt open.

*** It easier to change directory to C:\root in command prompt if you extract file to C:\

cmahendra
Old
(Last edited by cmahendra; 19th January 2013 at 10:04 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3186
Quote:
Lolz. Its better to listen good old wise people, when they stress on some instructions.

Anyways, not kidding. The rooting failed with many people when the foldername is more than 8 characters and foldername and filenames contain "SPACE". An additional hint, DOS Batch files works best when foldernames and filenames are compatible with DOS. C:\root\runme.bat is cool dos compatible command and the path generated for commands, inside batch files, are more accurate with dos syntaxes and run without an issue.
DAD-SON Rockon XDA
>KDZ EXTRACTION TOOL
>L9 CWM Backup
Hit thanks if liked

inotis
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Re: [2-in-1 GUIDEBOOK] (UNBRICK) FLASH KDZ AND ROOT LG L9 (All LG L9)

I mount the phone to PC and it is only charging, it doesn't mount SD nor internal, 10e rooted, any help!

Sent from my LG-P760 using xda app-developers app

Roker1
Old
(Last edited by Roker1; 19th January 2013 at 10:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 60
i thank you for all time you are wasting with me, but when i put the line of command promt(cd \C:\Users\Name\Desktop\Root) it gives me an error: "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect"! What i have to do?

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

If i put al cmd this command (cd "C:\Users\Name\Downloads\Root") instead of this(cd \C:\Users\Name\Downloads\Root) it works, can i use this without problems??