Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM][4.2.2][August 5] Slim Bean-d2tmobile [build 8]

OP blk_jack

7th January 2013, 07:21 PM   |  #21  
ayysir's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Bronx, NY
Thanks Meter: 6,196
 
4,464 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly419

Only issue I have, and its with all the 4.2 ROMs, is it moves my internal stuff to mnt/shell ... in my download directory, I have certain apps, and when I try to install them, it says an error about parsing the package. I know this has to do with the multi user. But, I have no use for multi user. Can anyone tell me what are the benefits of this multi user stuff? Thank you! Much love though, nice, smooth ROM!

They call me "Jelly" cuz jam don't shake like this!

Always been a disclaimer in all 4.2 Roms. It's either stay on 4.2 or stay on 4.1.x

4.2 support multi user so they needed new setup to enable multiple storage parts for different profiles

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
7th January 2013, 08:02 PM   |  #22  
janitorjohnson's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Tan Valley, AZ
Thanks Meter: 25
 
187 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
My dial pad doesn't auto fill contacts and then dial pad settings force closes.
7th January 2013, 08:17 PM   |  #23  
Senior Member
Flag McPherson, Ks
Thanks Meter: 13
 
108 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
The only problem I am having is the significantly worse battery life over slim bean 3.1
7th January 2013, 08:27 PM   |  #24  
Jelly419's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hitchcock
Thanks Meter: 92
 
179 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
My question though, is why would someone need multi-user? What does it do? How can I use it? Maybe for my different personalities?

They call me "Jelly" cuz jam don't shake like this!
7th January 2013, 08:59 PM   |  #25  
garymachete's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Issaquah
Thanks Meter: 114
 
378 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly419

My question though, is why would someone need multi-user? What does it do? How can I use it? Maybe for my different personalities?

They call me "Jelly" cuz jam don't shake like this!



Its never been implemented fully on a cell phone. Its a tablet option. Say u got a nexus 7, ur gf wants to use it and have her gmail account and her playstore apps and setup right when she logs in. Its like signing in on your family PC.

It allows for multiple users on one device a bit of privacy from each other.
The Following User Says Thank You to garymachete For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th January 2013, 09:21 PM   |  #26  
janitorjohnson's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Tan Valley, AZ
Thanks Meter: 25
 
187 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garymachete

Its never been implemented fully on a cell phone. Its a tablet option. Say u got a nexus 7, ur gf wants to use it and have her gmail account and her playstore apps and setup right when she logs in. Its like signing in on your family PC.

It allows for multiple users on one device a bit of privacy from each other.

Exactly,

My wife and I just got a Nexus and we didn't use this feature and she kept telling me when I got email. Got a little annoying and then I saw the feature and set it up. WAY BETTER!!!

I don't see the purpose on the cell phone though...
The Following User Says Thank You to janitorjohnson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th January 2013, 11:19 PM   |  #27  
ayysir's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Bronx, NY
Thanks Meter: 6,196
 
4,464 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garymachete

Its never been implemented fully on a cell phone. Its a tablet option. Say u got a nexus 7, ur gf wants to use it and have her gmail account and her playstore apps and setup right when she logs in. Its like signing in on your family PC.

It allows for multiple users on one device a bit of privacy from each other.

Nope because you still can't set password per account

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
7th January 2013, 11:27 PM   |  #28  
garymachete's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Issaquah
Thanks Meter: 114
 
378 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayysir

Nope because you still can't set password per account

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

wow are u seriousS? thats weak

either way i feel multi-user definitely seems like a step in the right direction for android. maybe the next iteration will allow for pw protection?
8th January 2013, 04:24 AM   |  #29  
Jelly419's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hitchcock
Thanks Meter: 92
 
179 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
That's cool but I agree, it wouldn't be useful to me on my phone. My wife has her own phone. And she doesn't share with me is there a way to get rid of it if you don't use it?

They call me "Jelly" cuz jam don't shake like this!
8th January 2013, 05:57 AM   |  #30  
Swimguy14's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 153
 
379 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly419

That's cool but I agree, it wouldn't be useful to me on my phone. My wife has her own phone. And she doesn't share with me is there a way to get rid of it if you don't use it?

They call me "Jelly" cuz jam don't shake like this!

I don't think so..
______________
My battery is kicking ass with this rom!
Thanks slim team!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes