Initial development is centered around the MSM8660 and MSM8960 devices, but should be applicable to nearly any Qualcomm device which includes a modem and USB port. Older devices with a Serial port may also work. Components to be supported: DMSS Download Protocol (QDL mode), Streaming Download Protocol (EHostDL), and parts of other HDLC structured Qualcomm protocols.
An expanded description, examples, references, and test programs to follow shortly.
- To provide a partial Open Source (Linux) replacement for QPST and QXDM
- To enable the full recovery of various Android devices based on supported Qualcomm SoC's
- To gain a better understanding of the underlying hardware in Qualcomm based Android devices
Initial creation to consolidate OT discussions from other threads.
Added external thread and web links
Added #QDL_Dev on IRC Freenode for open discussion
Updated a few posts to correct prior mistakes.
Internal Thread Links
- coming soon...
External Thread Links
- [REF][R&D] MSM8960 Info, Architecture and Bootloader(s) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1856327
Lots of important information and Qualcomm PDF's. Should be considered required reading. By E:V:A
- [REF][R&D] Building Bootloaders on Qualcomm Devices http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1978703
- [DEV][REF] El Grande Partition Table Reference http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1959445
The definitive resource for device partition information. By E:V:A
- No JTAG [SOLVED][JTAG,BRICK]SHV-E160L Korean model http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1914359
R&D for unbricking/fully recovering a SHV-E160L and various helpful utilities. By Darkspr1te
External Web Links
- Code Aurora Forum https://www.codeaurora.org/
Home to various Open Source projects related to Qualcomm technologies.
- Gobi https://www.codeaurora.org/contribute/projects/gobi/
A Code Aurora Forum project fueled by Qualcomm which serves as a reference for these protocol implementations.
- AnyClub Blog http://www.anyclub.org/
A blog with limited yet specific information regarding Qualcomm MSM, MDM, QRD and related products. Can get technical at times and references closed source and proprietary files/programs.
Join us for live discussion in #QDL_DEV on IRC Freenode
- E:V:A for various reference threads which both sparked my interest and fueled my initial research.
- Darkspr1te for his involvement with initial and ongoing development.
- Ralekdev for providing additional insight in to msm8960 PBL
- Yarrimapirate for creation of JET (Jewel Evita Toolkit) which served as my first hands-on with QDL and led me down the path to here.
- Fuses for his emmc_recover program, which gave me my first glimpse of using HDLC to communicate with a Qualcomm based phone. Also for his typically brief and discouraging posts, which in turn drives my desire to prove him wrong
- Captain_Throwback for providing firmware zips, testing, and more bricked phones then anyone else I've met.
- others whom I'll add as I think of them.