XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [CM 10.1/Trebuchet] Accidentally Deleted App Drawer Icon

Tip us?

nobody20000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] [CM 10.1/Trebuchet] Accidentally Deleted App Drawer Icon

So I made this boneheaded mistake somehow, and I don't know how to get it back.

Long pressing the desktop only gets me wallpaper options.

Any ideas?

droidx2.3.3
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Try hitting the menu button and see if launcher settins is one of tbe options.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

nobody20000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
It is but where is the option to re add the icon?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1703
It should be a widget or shortcut of sort. That's how it is on custom launchers anyway.

[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable

nobody20000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
But since I have no app drawer shortcut, I can't get to my app drawer where the widgets and shortcuts are kept.

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1703
Usually you can double tap or long press an empty space on the homescreen to bring up settings

[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable

miniblue
Old
Thanks Meter 27
If you still have play store add another launcher. You could also go to apps in setting, if that is on one of your home screens and force close the launcher. I should restart with the app drawer icon.

Bill
Galaxy S III
Rooted & Unlocked Stock

32 GB Nexus 7 2013 Tablet
Rooted & Unlocked Stock

The Following User Says Thank You to miniblue For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

atyusha
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Lightbulb I solved it on mine

I've got same problem yesterday, after multiple automatic updates from the google play - app drawer icon and all custom icons disappeared from the dock. I replaced custom icons, but wasn't able to get app drawer icon back and could access the drawer.
there is no launcher settings in the menu, nor in the desktop options, and even in the launcher options in the system settings there is no option to bring back the app drawer icon. force-stopping launcher, restarting phone, cleaning cash and even dalvik cash doesn't help either.
the only way to bring it back that worked, was clearing all data for trebuchet :
  • menu button > manage apps > trebuchet > clear data

however (!) when you do so, everything you have on your screens will disappear, and you will have to customize your screens again and recreate all shortcuts, widgets and folders.

I wonder why it happened and if there is way to fix it without loosing your customization.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

I didn't run titanium backup after latest ROM flash, thus I didn't have a backup for trebuchet, but if you have it, try to restore data for trebuchet. I'm sure it would be easiest solution
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to atyusha For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nobody20000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by atyusha View Post
I've got same problem yesterday, after multiple automatic updates from the google play - app drawer icon and all custom icons disappeared from the dock. I replaced custom icons, but wasn't able to get app drawer icon back and could access the drawer.
there is no launcher settings in the menu, nor in the desktop options, and even in the launcher options in the system settings there is no option to bring back the app drawer icon. force-stopping launcher, restarting phone, cleaning cash and even dalvik cash doesn't help either.
the only way to bring it back that worked, was clearing all data for trebuchet :

however (!) when you do so, everything you have on your screens will disappear, and you will have to customize your screens again and recreate all shortcuts, widgets and folders.

I wonder why it happened and if there is way to fix it without loosing your customization.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

I didn't run titanium backup after latest ROM flash, thus I didn't have a backup for trebuchet, but if you have it, try to restore data for trebuchet. I'm sure it would be easiest solution
Thank you for the answer, and the heads-up. This worked perfectly! Thank you for saving me from a massive headache!

MickHole
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by atyusha View Post

Had the same problem and this method worked for me. Thanks for the tip!