Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] [CM 10.1/Trebuchet] Accidentally Deleted App Drawer Icon

OP nobody20000

20th February 2013, 01:01 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 245

616 posts
More
Re: [Q] [CM 10.1/Trebuchet] Accidentally Deleted App Drawer Icon
For future reference, you just hold down on an empty space, hit launcher actions, then tap app drawer and it will generate the shortcut then you just drop it onto your dock.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
21st February 2013, 09:53 PM   |  #12  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 63

270 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXI Kaze

For future reference, you just hold down on an empty space, hit launcher actions, then tap app drawer and it will generate the shortcut then you just drop it onto your dock.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

That's not how Trebuchet works. When you long press on empty space, you only get Wallpaper options. This is something that technically qualifies as a bug and should be reported so that it can be resolved more easily than clearing settings for Trebuchet.
24th February 2013, 03:02 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atyusha

I've got same problem yesterday, after multiple automatic updates from the google play - app drawer icon and all custom icons disappeared from the dock. I replaced custom icons, but wasn't able to get app drawer icon back and could access the drawer.
there is no launcher settings in the menu, nor in the desktop options, and even in the launcher options in the system settings there is no option to bring back the app drawer icon. force-stopping launcher, restarting phone, cleaning cash and even dalvik cash doesn't help either.
the only way to bring it back that worked, was clearing all data for trebuchet :

• menu button > manage apps > trebuchet > clear data

however (!) when you do so, everything you have on your screens will disappear, and you will have to customize your screens again and recreate all shortcuts, widgets and folders.

I wonder why it happened and if there is way to fix it without loosing your customization.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

I didn't run titanium backup after latest ROM flash, thus I didn't have a backup for trebuchet, but if you have it, try to restore data for trebuchet. I'm sure it would be easiest solution

I just made this account to say THANK YOU for making me solve this problem! The solutions are always so simple, but sometimes even us tech-savvys just never get there, until we find an easy 10-second solution we have spent hours googling for. Thanks!
5th March 2013, 12:03 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 3

20 posts
This seems to be a problem with cm 10.1 as I've had it on a few devices now. I believe clearing the cache in recovery helps
12th April 2013, 02:59 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 12

46 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsantos

This seems to be a problem with cm 10.1 as I've had it on a few devices now. I believe clearing the cache in recovery helps

Clearing cache or dalvik cache in recovery did not help. Had to clear data
2nd May 2013, 01:33 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 6

15 posts
Thumbs up
you're welcome everyone
I'm glad my solution actually helped somebody. It was def. worth creating an account just to post this solution

btw, if anyone tried restoring trebuchet data from backup - let us know how it went.
7th May 2013, 07:31 PM   |  #17  

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafoni

I just made this account to say THANK YOU for making me solve this problem! The solutions are always so simple, but sometimes even us tech-savvys just never get there, until we find an easy 10-second solution we have spent hours googling for. Thanks!

I had my app drawer disappear from home screen, my daughter always does incredible this gs with my gadgets anyway, I solved the issue going g settings > launcher > homescreen > unchecked fullscreen mode. Btw I am using Cm 10.1
4th June 2013, 01:54 PM   |  #18  

13 posts
Deleting app data is not a solution. It's a workaround.

After searching for a long time I consider this to be a big ups in the Trebuchet design.

I use 3 panels in the quick launch for apps (botton) and I can't create duplicated app drawer buttons for the alternative panels... Not nice.
13th July 2013, 05:50 PM   |  #19  
Flag China / Netherlands / Germany
Thanks Meter: 19

76 posts
More
Originally Posted by jurrabi

Deleting app data is not a solution. It's a workaround.

After searching for a long time I consider this to be a big ups in the Trebuchet design.

I use 3 panels in the quick launch for apps (botton) and I can't create duplicated app drawer buttons for the alternative panels... Not nice.

+1
It should be possible to have duplicate app drawer icons/buttons
27th July 2013, 12:38 AM   |  #20  
Flag Holland
Thanks Meter: 9

105 posts
More
multiple app drawers
I have spent two days trying to find a solution for those who want a second app drawer... I really miss the simple options of long pressing and choosing launcher options....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread