Originally Posted by cheatman
First off, sorry for not posting this ROM in an appropriate device section, as none exists as of yet, although the device has been released quite some time ago last year. Should such a section be created later, please move the thread as appropriate.
Now onto the KyleOPEN ROM news:
Welcome to the KyleOPEN ROM v1.0.3 for Galaxy S Duos
(Dual-Sim Phone / GT-S7562 device model)
- Debloated (see list of removed bloat below)
- CM9 Imported (see list of CM9 packages below)
- Deodexed / zipalligned
- Rooted (incl. insecure kernel using chainfire modded adbd method)
- Custom boot image enabled
- Busybox support
- Flashplayer support (download flash APK from here
- Samsung S Voice support through add-on (see post #3)
- QtADB Support (get it here
List of removed packages:
List of imported CM9 packages:
- CM9 Keyboard
- CM9 Launcher (Hello Trebuchet!)
- Magic smoke live wallpapers
Flashing this ROM will make the orange triangle appear and increase the flash counter. Flash at your own risk, I am not responsible for your actions. Follow the instructions below ONLY if YOU are sure of what you are doing. Otherwise stop here.
Installation Details & HowTo:
- The GT-S7562 has a download mode and a recovery mode. Both are boot modes that allow the device to start but enter a different configuration mode than regular Android start mode. Think of them like starting your PC and entering the BIOS instead of loading Windows as usual.
- The "download mode" is a boot mode that allows flashing bit-by-bit (very low level) data to partitions on your device. To enter download mode on the S7562 do the following: make sure the device is well charged (over 50%); remove all cables (this is important); power it off (don't reboot); hold volume down + home and power on the device (volDown+Home+Power). Then a warning will be displayed on screen. You must press Volume Up to enter download mode.
- As long as you can enter "download mode" you can recover your device. While in download mode, you can use the ODIN tool to flash recovery, boot and ROM images.
- The "recovery mode" is a boot mode that allows "safe mode" changes to be performed on the device. This is done using CWM, a tool that can be used to automate Android system changes to system files, partitions etc. To enter recovery mode on the S7562 do the following: make sure the device is well charged (over 50%); remove all USB cables (this is important); power it off (don't reboot); keep volume up + volume down + home and power on your device.
- To navigate in recovery mode, use the volume buttons to change active selection and the home button to make selections. The back button works as back button. When done working with recovery, go back all the way and select option to reboot system to boot your device normally.
- Download KyleOPEN 1.0.3 and save it on the device from here. You can get it from here
- Download to your PC the custom recovery image that enables CWM from here http://www.reloaded.ro/MyWeb/Public/...N-Recovery.zip
- Reboot in download mode (volDown+Home+Power)
- Unzip the file in your computer and start ODIN.
- Click the PDA button and select the "CWM5.5-recovery.tar" file.
- Connect your phone that is already in download mode. ODIN will display it as being connected on a COM port.
- Do not change any other options. Just click the "Start" button and wait. In about 1 minute, on your device there will be a loading bar displayed. Once done the phone will reboot itself normally. ODIN will tell you the flash was OK. This operation will increase the flash counter and make the orange warning triangle appear. This is normal and is not a problem. From this point on, you can boot in recovery mode and flash CWM zips.
- Now to flash the kernel. It is similar as for the recovery. Download stock insecure kernel from here or the modified kernel by VamshiStunner from here
- Unzip "2-KyleOPEN-Kernel.zip" if you use this kernel.
- Reboot in download mode again (volDown+Home+Power) and start ODIN again.
- Click PDA button again and select either of the kernels (.tar or .tar.md5 file).
- Don't enable any other options. Connect your phone so ODIN detects it and click Start button. Wait for kernel to be flashed.
- Wait for phone to reboot by itself. If you are using another stock version other than ALJ4 your phone may not boot correctly. This is not important if it happens. Don't freak out. Your phone is ok. Go to the next step and flash KyleOPEN ROM. It will boot ok after that.
- Boot in recovery mode (volDown+volUp+Home+Power).
- Select option to install zip from sdcard and browse to where you saved 3-KyleOPEN ROM v1.0.3_18112012.zip and select it to start installation. This will remove all your data (only phone, not external microSD) and return the phone to factory defaults.
- Reboot into system and wait for reboot. It will take a long time the first time. It will stay at Samsung boot logo for a while (not more than 5 minutes). This is because boot animation starts late at boot. You will see ANDROID boot animation after phone vibrates slightly.
- Once finished you will have rooted, debloated, KyleOPEN ROM.
The recovery ZIP also contains the stock recovery image. The stock ROM can also be found on http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?p...2&r=-1#modelsa
I will post a couple of pictures once I get some time. Details on how to flash recovery images and CWM packages for Samsung devices can be found in the forums. Use the search function as much as possible. I am using this ROM since November 2012 without any issues. It is based on stock XXALJ4 build by Samsung.
1. Samsung for the device and software development
2. Google and the Android community for an awesome OS
3. The CM9 team for their work on ICS
4. XDA Developers for letting us post our work, help others and unleash our devices
5. dsixda & chainfire for their previous work on Samsung devices
6. Everyone else out there that makes this worth the effort...