XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

P3113 JB upgrade on Kies

Tip us?

Mike939
Old
(Last edited by Mike939; 11th January 2013 at 04:08 PM.) Reason: Got update
Thanks Meter 0
Default Update 3113 through Kies

3113 connects to Kies and I get the notification there is a new update. Once it starts downloading it disconnects the tablet. It continues downloading files to computer, then stalls. After several minutes I get a popup stating do I want to download "Admin Delegator", I hit yes, then computer says Kies has stop working, I wait for ever, then it shows preparing files or something like that. This takes forever also, then it connects the tablet and states an update is available and I have to start over again. This I have been doing since the 7th. I get a notice on the computer that Kies has downloaded the files and to click her to get a quick update. I click and it opens Kies to start all over again. Very frustrating! Any help? I have reinstalled the old version of Kies but would not connect to tablet. Reinstalled the new version three times but same thing.

Update: Got update OTA today and installing now!! Samsung, you can keep Kies in your back pocket IMO!

LeftyGR
Old
Thanks Meter 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsage View Post
Aaaaaaaaaand IR stopped working again... I can get it to work for a few more minutes by wiping cache/dalvik and resetting the app, then it stops working again...

So everyone else has IR working consistently, 100% of the time? Maybe a hardware issue...
no issues here. Try updating from p3113 stock ics instead of p3110 stock jb.
I will not appologize for art.
Galaxy Note 3

gyoung345
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior868 View Post
I like the Phone UI easier for me to use. Didn't like the Tablet UI
After using it for a couple of days, here are my observations
  1. I don't like the new placement of the navigational buttons (BACK, HOME, RECENT APPLICATIONS). While I can appreciate Google's desire to unify the UI for all Android devices (see link below), when you are in landscape mode on the tablet, it is difficult to reach the buttons. When they were on the left of the tablet, I could just my left hand for all. Difficult on a 7" tablet, probably impossible on a 10" unless you have gigantic hands.
  2. I don't like the notification bar at the top of the tablet. I use this tablet a lot with Chrome and find that when I am manipulating tabs (moving/closing) and such I keep getting the notification shade popping up (I have found I have this problem on the IPad as well). Also, I find it is a waste of space on the top of the tablet. On the previous version, it was down in the navigational bar which was already being used for the navigational buttons.
  3. The notification shade also doesn't show the battery percentage any longer. I have added the percentage to the notification bar, but it is very, very small.
  4. As for performance, I can say that I don't notice much of a difference. I have never thought performance with my 7" tablet was bad and this update did not make it any worse. Pretty much the same for me.
  5. I haven't used Google Now on this as I tried it on my Galaxy S3 when it was upgraded to JB and didn't find it all that useful, so won't probably use it here either.
  6. The only other observation I have is that one of my apps has started crashing quite a bit. Probably more of the apps fault. Can't say it worked in the prior version of Android either because I installed it right around the same time as JB.

Quote:
Re: tablet UI vs phablet UI vs phone UI, Google itself is moving away from tablet UI, looks like the OEMs are starting to follow. Here's one explanation I came across:

http://blogs.computerworld.com/andro...roid-tablet-ui

gtuck1002
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default IR Blaster

Quote:
Aaaaaaaaaand IR stopped working again... I can get it to work for a few more minutes by wiping cache/dalvik and resetting the app, then it stops working again...

So everyone else has IR working consistently, 100% of the time? Maybe a hardware issue...
You maybe right I have another Galaxy tab 2 7.0 not rooted (stock) running 4.0.3 ir seems to work when it feels like sent emails no response

HAYDENB
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike939 View Post
3113 connects to Kies and I get the notification there is a new update. Once it starts downloading it disconnects the tablet. It continues downloading files to computer, then stalls. After several minutes I get a popup stating do I want to download "Admin Delegator", I hit yes, then computer says Kies has stop working, I wait for ever, then it shows preparing files or something like that. This takes forever also, then it connects the tablet and states an update is available and I have to start over again. This I have been doing since the 7th. I get a notice on the computer that Kies has downloaded the files and to click her to get a quick update. I click and it opens Kies to start all over again. Very frustrating! Any help? I have reinstalled the old version of Kies but would not connect to tablet. Reinstalled the new version three times but same thing.
Mike my computer doesn't get that far. Kies stops working after the first download.

rsage
Old
Thanks Meter 164
Default Possible fix for flakey IR blaster

I was about to take LeftyGR's advice and revert to stock ICS then upgrade again to stock JB to try to fix my intermittent IR blaster problems. I ran across this admin post on TouchSquid's forums (TouchSquid makes another (paid) app which works with the GTab2's IR blaster like Peel):

http://www.touchsquid.info/forum/ann...ents.php?aid=5

Quote:
Several users reported that devices stopped responding to the TS app after this update. One user figured out that it is caused by the new Power Saving mode which slows the CPU and messes up IR timing. Uncheck CPU power saving and it all starts working again!
I also have all the power saving options enabled - I'm wondering if this is the problem. Unfortunately I'm at work and won't be able to check this out until tonight. It would explain some things though - when I flash a stock ROM, IR works for a while, then stops (possibly after I enable power saving options, which I always do at some point). I'm hopeful...

gtuck1002
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile nice tip

Quote:
I was about to take LeftyGR's advice and revert to stock ICS then upgrade again to stock JB to try to fix my intermittent IR blaster problems. I ran across this admin post on TouchSquid's forums (TouchSquid makes another (paid) app which works with the GTab2's IR blaster like Peel):

http://www.touchsquid.info/forum/ann...ents.php?aid=5

I also have all the power saving options enabled - I'm wondering if this is the problem. Unfortunately I'm at work and won't be able to check this out until tonight. It would explain some things though - when I flash a stock ROM, IR works for a while, then stops (possibly after I enable power saving options, which I always do at some point). I'm hopeful...
Had the problem of IR blaster not working went in changed power saving option to disabled and now IR blaster works ...Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 rooted with JB 4.1.1

rsage
Old
Thanks Meter 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtuck1002 View Post
Had the problem of IR blaster not working went in changed power saving option to disabled and now IR blaster works ...Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 rooted with JB 4.1.1
Same here, finally got home and was able to try the work-around. We have IR action yo...

Razorblood
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Stock 4.04 not rooted. Checked via Software Update on the tablet and got the OTA. Clocking in at about 381.05MB. Taking a while even though I have a good connection.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Nexus 5 32GB T-Mobile
Nexus 7 32GB (2013)

HAYDENB
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblood View Post
Stock 4.04 not rooted. Checked via Software Update on the tablet and got the OTA. Clocking in at about 381.05MB. Taking a while even though I have a good connection.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Got the OTA myself this morning. Didn't take too long to download. haven't had alot of time to play with it yet.