Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,095 Members 41,171 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [WiFi/HSPA±][Aroma][4.2.2] Dirty AOKP v5.1 [JDQ39][KBZ][OTA][02/25]

Tip us?

dparrothead1
Old
Thanks Meter 1394
Could just be my imagination, but 1.2 seems to be much snappier. I'm using Phablet (I like my stuff at the top) and Motley.

Thanks for this ROM. Still waiting for you to port for i717

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
Sent from my rooted i527.
The Following User Says Thank You to dparrothead1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mjs2011
Old
Thanks Meter 1677
Great ROM! Might want to update your second link for Version 1.2. I downloaded it and it still said 1.0. I then flashed it just thinking that the file was named incorrectly, but it was indeed 1.0. No big deal, I'll use the other link when I get home from work tonight.

Overall great stuff. All the goodies of AOKP plus a couple other options. It's fun to try out kernels too, though it seems like Stock is still the most reliable. I couldn't get flash player or even the Netflix app to work on Motley. Franco seems a little better though I'll probably just stick with stock.

mlaws90
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2202
Quote:
Originally Posted by dparrothead1 View Post
Could just be my imagination, but 1.2 seems to be much snappier. I'm using Phablet (I like my stuff at the top) and Motley.

Thanks for this ROM. Still waiting for you to port for i717

Thanks! I'll look into making something similar for the i717 possibly and let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs2011 View Post
Great ROM! Might want to update your second link for Version 1.2. I downloaded it and it still said 1.0. I then flashed it just thinking that the file was named incorrectly, but it was indeed 1.0. No big deal, I'll use the other link when I get home from work tonight.

Overall great stuff. All the goodies of AOKP plus a couple other options. It's fun to try out kernels too, though it seems like Stock is still the most reliable. I couldn't get flash player or even the Netflix app to work on Motley. Franco seems a little better though I'll probably just stick with stock.
The OP has been updated, thanks for the tip, I was so tired last night lol, went to bed at like 4 am.

You say you couldn't get flash player or Netflix to work on Motley? I'll take a look and try and see what is going on. I'll do a clean install with Motley and test flash player and Netflix. I did not test flash player on every kernel, on a couple I did, to make sure it worked but not all as I didn't suspect there would be an issue.
goo.im/devs/mlaws90 - hammerhead, flo, m7 builds
Primary Device: Nexus 5
ROM1: AICP v3.5 Nightly [04/07]
Tablet: Google Nexus 7 FHD
ROM1: ParanoidSaberDroid AOSPAL 4.2 Beta 3

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mlaws90 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bradputt
Old
Thanks Meter 109
is flash working on this one?

most of the time flash keeps crashing my browser.

dparrothead1
Old
Thanks Meter 1394
Flash is working for me using Motley. IDK about Netflix because I don't have that, but HBOGo and Xfinity Player works.

Keep in mind that Flash will not work using Chrome.....you have to use the included browser.

mjs2011
Old
Thanks Meter 1677
Quote:
Originally Posted by dparrothead1 View Post
Flash is working for me using Motley. IDK about Netflix because I don't have that, but HBOGo and Xfinity Player works.

Keep in mind that Flash will not work using Chrome.....you have to use the included browser.

Hmm...that's really weird. On ver 1.0, I tried 3 different sites with the stock browser on Motley, all no go. What Netflix would do is start to play the video, but then crash the minute I'd hit the volume slider.

dparrothead1
Old
Thanks Meter 1394
Quote:
Hmm...that's really weird. On ver 1.0, I tried 3 different sites with the stock browser on Motley, all no go. What Netflix would do is start to play the video, but then crash the minute I'd hit the volume slider.
I got my grandson to sign in on his Netflix and it works just fine....you might want reflash or run fix permissions.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1357663223749.jpg
Views:	711
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	1627884  
The Following User Says Thank You to dparrothead1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mjs2011
Old
Thanks Meter 1677
We may actually be looking at a potential AOKP bug. I saw someone post in the Official AOKP thread that they were experiencing force closes on programs if their headphones were plugged in. My Netflix issues happened when my headphones were plugged in.
The Following User Says Thank You to mjs2011 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zomb!e
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
We may actually be looking at a potential AOKP bug. I saw someone post in the Official AOKP thread that they were experiencing force closes on programs if their headphones were plugged in. My Netflix issues happened when my headphones were plugged in.
I believe I read in one of the AOKP forums that it might be caused by the safe headset volume option. If you turn that off it may fix the issue. Not 100% about it though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zomb!e For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dparrothead1
Old
Thanks Meter 1394
Quote:
I hate to keep butting in without a solution, but I can't duplicate this problem. I've tried opening Netflix with the h/p's plugged in and plugging in after I open Netflix.....I have used the volume control slider and the volume rocker.

Tags
4.2.1, aokp, aroma, cherry picks, dirty